CFB51 College Football Fan Community

The Power Four => SEC => Topic started by: MikeDeTiger on September 28, 2026, 10:16:30 AM

Title: Week 4 power rankings
Post by: MikeDeTiger on September 28, 2026, 10:16:30 AM
One-third of the way through the regular season, I thought we could do one like the B1G board does for their conference.  Pretty shoddy effort here, I haven't watched the majority of the games, so just re-arrange/post your own, no need to quibble with this list, I know it sucks.  

Title: Re: Week 4 power rankings
Post by: utee94 on September 28, 2026, 10:27:24 AM
Pretty much agree across the board with MDT.  I'll make it a little easier on myself.



Georgia
.
.
Texas, Alabama, Florida
.
Tennessee
.
LSU, Ole Miss
.
.
Kentucky, Mizzou
.
.
.
The rest in no particular order
.
.
.
Pigs



Title: Re: Week 4 power rankings
Post by: jgvol on September 28, 2026, 10:32:57 AM
1.  UGA (still the standard)
2. Texas (Elite defense, Arch average)
3. Florida (taking on the personality of Sumerall.  I think they hired a good one)
4. LSU (OM blemish was destiny, I still believe)
5. Ole Miss (As Golding gets entrenched, I think they fall off considerably....lucky he has Chambliss)
6. Bama (Winning, but something still doesn't feel right.  Fear factor -- gonzo)
7. Miss St. (what TN was in 2021/2022 -- same coaching tree -- the right QB is essential and they have it)
8. Tennessee (defense looks much improved, Frosh QB, ultra conservative coaching limiting the team)
9. Mizzou (always scrappy, even when I feel like they should get run over)
10. Kentucky (Stein looks to have instilled confidence in the Cats.  Pulled some key portal players)
11. TAM (Reed, always inflated, never that good.  Elko overrated?)
12. Oklahoma (Venables has set the offense back 50 years.  Mateer the biggest fraud in recent memory)
13. Auburn (nothing to get exited about here.  Just blah)
14. S. Carolina (nice knowing you Beamer, you little twerp.  Good riddance.  Totally blown the Sellers years)
15. Vandy (it's Vandy.  Lea a good coach, nothing to work with.  F'em)
16. Arkansas (pathetic.  Terrible team, terrible coaching hire, terrible administration = terrible in perpetuity)
Title: Re: Week 4 power rankings
Post by: utee94 on September 28, 2026, 10:42:26 AM
Forget the Power Rankings, how 'bout the Pisser Rankings?  Texas is clearly #1 on that list.
Title: Re: Week 4 power rankings
Post by: MikeDeTiger on September 28, 2026, 11:09:30 AM
Forget the Power Rankings, how 'bout the Pisser Rankings?  Texas is clearly #1 on that list.

Dunno, last week Tom Brady said Dak Prescott "fired an absolute piss-missile," so the Cowboys might be #1.  

Or I guess we're just talking SEC here?
Title: Re: Week 4 power rankings
Post by: MikeDeTiger on September 28, 2026, 11:10:14 AM

3. Florida (taking on the personality of Sumerall.  I think they hired a good one)


Dammit
Title: Re: Week 4 power rankings
Post by: jgvol on September 28, 2026, 11:32:49 AM

Dammit

Agreed.
Title: Re: Week 4 power rankings
Post by: MikeDeTiger on September 28, 2026, 12:12:01 PM

.
.
.
The rest in no particular order
.
.
.


Not even bothering to mention OU by name......the final insult.  

Approved!