header pic

College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!! The Best FREE College Football Forum on the Internet!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: instability over there.... getting more common.

(Read 1292 times)

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • All Star
  • Liked:
instability over there.... getting more common.
« on: June 05, 2017, 07:20:18 PM »
pass this URL around... things look to be changing over there.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: instability over there.... getting more common.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 07:47:37 AM »
Couldn't get in this morning, is it happening this time?

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 07:51:21 AM »
i just don't know, man... I have encountered more issues over there in the last month than likely the last 17 years combined... they've downgraded our priority for certain; don't know what that means- it may mean they are upgrading the server too- which would be good...

Cincydawg

• Global Moderator
  • Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 09:08:19 AM »
Yeah, it is unstable, but old habits and all that.

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 01:32:58 PM »
looks like they're shaking the team boards up.... let's see what happens elsewhere...

MarqHusker

• Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 08:19:06 AM »
It's been behaving badly again.   Too bad there isn't a countdown.

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 09:54:03 AM »
i'm convinced they tried to 'cut over' the team boards yesterday, but failed.  the boards went offline for about 20 minutes with a message something to the verbiage "performing upgraded, be back soon", and then went to a 'failure to connect to server' error for a few minutes.... then the boards returned unchanged. 

because those pages operate on several servers, there will be a period between them syncing- propagation across all of them takes a while... then, there will be issues with the domain pointing to the correct server (if they are moving servers and not just overwriting on the existing one) which will take a few hours for a site as large as them.... then, there will be issues with caches and cookies resetting, which will make folks browsers seemingly freak out until they're dumped and refreshed- which is outside of their control...

but anyway... the interesting thing i watched during that 20 minute period yesterday is the board most of you are coming from only blinked for a few seconds.  it seems that they weren't trying to do anything with it- not overwriting it, nor transporting it... that could be very good- as in they're leaving it alone- or, it could mean it isn't being considered for transport/overwrite.  As much as I'd like to think we're going to be okay over there, I lean more towards the second explanation- and due to conversations I've (we've, including Badge) have had with the owners there.

Please Support Site: