header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Trivia

(Read 6351 times)

ALA2262

• Player
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Trivia
« on: October 05, 2017, 02:01:57 PM »
Couldn't get a response on the ATCFB Board so i'll try here.

In 1978 the Air Force Academy hired the DC at Texas Tech to become their HC in order to shore up their defense. He lasted one year due in no small part to what occurred on November 12th of that year. On that date Georgia Tech came to Colorado Springs with their RB, Eddie Lee Ivery, needing 56 yards rushing to become the first player in modern GT history to top the 1K mark. He rushed for THREE HUNDRED FIFTY SIX yards and 3 TDs!

Name the TTU DC who became HC at AFA in 1978.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Trivia
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 02:43:48 PM »
Bill Parcells
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 03:16:29 PM »
A trivia question?  Trivia questions are fun.  The problem is....

Google.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 03:25:27 PM »
and the fact some folks just knew the answer
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 04:08:48 PM »
I mean, sure you can google, but when challenging myself with trivia games I'm usually more interested in entertainment and having fun, than beating someone by cheating.

Anyway, I have no idea.   Is it Bill Parcells?  

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 04:46:25 PM »
I mean, sure you can google, but when challenging myself with trivia games I'm usually more interested in entertainment and having fun, than beating someone by cheating.
True, only because this crowd over here is low on insecurity and high on ethics.

Never mind the occasional self-loathing...

ALA2262

• Player
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 05:34:38 PM »

Anyway, I have no idea.   Is it Bill Parcells?  

It was.

"After the 1978 season, Parcells was run out of town. Al Groh stuck around for a season after Ken Hatfield was promoted to head coach. Hatfield would retain his position until 1983 before leaving the AFA for Arkansas. Groh ended up reuniting with Bill Parcells as a linebacker coach in 1989 for the New York Giants."

https://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/2010/12/16/1874985/georgia-tech-vs-air-force-re-visiting-the-1978-game
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 05:38:52 PM by ALA2262 »

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 06:37:59 PM »
Cool, ya learn something new every day!

MarqHusker

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 12:24:09 AM »
Not to be a dick, but we actually talked about this on the old board, once upon a time.  Somebody even produced a picture of Parcells in some very sweet tight coaching outfit.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 09:26:08 AM »
picture of Parcells in some very sweet tight coaching outfit.
Disturbing choice of adjectives above.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.