header pic

College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!! The Best FREE College Football Forum on the Internet!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Week 5 CFB51 Showcase Game: Clemson @ VT

(Read 483 times)

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • All Star
  • Liked:
Week 5 CFB51 Showcase Game: Clemson @ VT
« on: September 28, 2017, 09:59:03 AM »
I was going to take a bye... I really was, and in no small part due to the whoopin' to my record and esteem after last week's first bad pick.  UGA is for real, and MSU- well, we still don't know a whole lot about them as things haven't crystallized even yet this season. 

This week's pick will be short and sweet. 

Lane Stadium in Blacksburg Va @ 8pm Saturday the 30th of Sept, those Clemson Tigers will be challenging the Hokies... or, maybe it's the Hokies that will be challenging the TigerPaw's... Maybe it'll be a contest, but I don't think so- it will technically be a game, for certain, but maybe not one that will be so tight.  I selected this one because it has the highest ranked teams meeting this weekend (mean rank of #7), and because I needed to improve my situation- that being recovering my record. 

VT is a solid team, and one I wish my own team resembled.  Fuente has done a great job there, and will continue to do great things.  Their D is legit, and their special teams still rate the right to be called 'Beamer Ballers'.  They are playing well and have some seriously good threats on both sides of the ball, but... I fear it won't be enough. 

Clemson lost a kicker in a freak accident @ practice... weird- a lineman fell on his leg snapping that thing.  Ouch.  They also lost a backup DE for the season.  I stress 'backup', but only because those starters have amassed 66 sacks in two seasons... think about that for a second... not even the immortal Bama D has managed that, playing against arguably lessor OLine's.  

And that is the tale of the tape this week... Short and sweet.  I respect VT tremendously, but I fear for them against the TigerPaw's, who are just plain hungry as much as they are stingy.  If I were to draft a tiered approach to this sport right now, there are only three teams at the top- that would be Bama/Clemson/UGA- a small split and a handful more- a larger split and the bus load of mascots follow to represent their schools.  

VT can't stop them, and they are straight up frustrated on O- that is my story and i'm sticking to it. 

VT          14~17
Clemson  35~49

Please Support Site: