header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Rallying support for CH/HH/JCG

(Read 13031 times)

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
Re: Rallying support for CH/HH/JCG
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2019, 05:45:38 PM »
When I was going through my rough GI-issues years ago (albeit not as serious as yours, but still scary to deal with unexpectedly),  I ended up getting a friend who did screen-print T-shirts to make me one that said "I Hate My Guts".    I would wear it every 6 weeks when I had to go to the hospital for IV-infusions that took about 4-5 hours each time, and I could tell which nurses had the same self-deprecating humor as me by who would react to my shirt and who wouldn't even acknowledge it.    I'd say at least 75% would snicker and "get it", which helped minimize the hassle and nervousness of having to do the infusions each time.  

I certainly hope you are able to retain your humor and positive spirit, even though I understand this is the hardest fight you have ever had to face.  There is no burden to be placed anywhere, we are all on your side and ready to provide any strength, humor, commiseration, or providing we can to help ease this path.  Please don't ever hesitate to lean on anyone you trust and need at any moment, as some of us would never see you as a burden but only a friend who we hope to help in any way we can. 

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2019, 06:10:33 PM »
point blank, Charlie:   What you're going through is the worse case scenario by my reckoning.  I don't know what i'd do in your shoes- and i know for a fact i'd be attempting to find a shelter for my family akin to what i'm thinking you are talking about.  

this is your story, dude- it's your tale from beginning to end. you're writing it.  all your experiences are being drawn into some sort of confrontation with this illness, and wouldn't you know it how these things come at you is never how you figured?  well, we know we all will face some serious tribulations in our lives and if we don't we were cheated by life.  while all your experiences orientate towards fighting this thing, it's pretty obvious you have support from here, and that's a good thing.  an even better thing is that this is still you're story and you get to write it; you may not get to read how others perceive it, but you are still the author.  Write the hell out of it, Sir.  Make it something (more)legendary.  

@UT-Erin03 --- great story thanks for sharing!!!

do you recall the XFL player who had the moniker "He Hate Me"?  Cool story about that not a lot of folks know- he went to the Carolina Panthers and played on the practice squad, and he was injured by a team player during practice... the rest of the team had him a jersey made up that said "He Hurt Me"..... it was freakin' hilarious for both him and the rest of the team and staff... I love it when folks can see the humor above all else.  

Gigem

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2019, 11:53:38 AM »
JCG glad to hear you're doing better.  This one's just for you...

A guy asks a doctor how long he will live

So the doctor, looking at his clipboard and taking notes, begins to ask him a series of questions.
Doc: Do you eat red meat?
Patient: No
Doc: Do you smoke cigarettes, cigars, or a pipe?
Doc: Do you use any illicit drugs?
Doc: Do you drink beer or hard liquor?
Patient: Nope
Doc: Do you have any hobbies or do any activities that are risky like bungee jumping or sky diving?
Patient: No, that stuff scares me.
Doc: Do you have multiple sexual partners?
Patient: Nope, currently single and not looking.
Doc: Do you drive a fast car like a Porsche or Corvette?
Patient: Nope, a Toyota Camry.
Doc: Okay
Patient: So doctor, how long will I live?
Doc: {Looking up from clipboard} Why does it fucking matter? Your life is boring!

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2019, 01:55:31 PM »
:You_Rock_Emoticon:
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2019, 12:34:19 PM »
Glad to see your post here JCG.  That's a good sign, although given that 6 days have passed since, I hope things are continuing to move in a positive direction or are at least stable.

These things are marathons, even ultras, not sprints, and I think that's one of the things that's so hard about it (and as you know I've got something dreadful like this going in my own household, for several years now).  It's a long slow march and sometimes it seems like things are going backward not forward, because frankly sometimes that's exactly what's happening.  It's maddening, and can lead to despair, but the resilience of the human body and psyche and spirit is really powerful. 

So, like your other friends here, I join in with prayers for you, that your spirit and your body receive special care, and strength, and healing.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2019, 02:09:10 PM »
just looking in for more good news.............

I'm a hopeful sort
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2019, 06:52:29 PM »
just looking in for more good news.............

I'm a hopeful sort
No big news.  Just slow and steady recovery. My body has mostly healed from the surgeries and the condition that caused the surgeries is being held in check by meds.  All the time in the hospital, howevver, left me 40 lbs underweight and unable to even walk or eat.  I’m walking now with a walker.  They say in several weeks I may be fully recovered.  Crazy.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2019, 10:23:30 AM »
dude, I could stand to lose 40, but you didn't need that, are you eating again?

I'll bet your sons have a sweet pic of you with that walker

I'm all for a full recovery in several weeks!!!!

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2019, 11:47:06 PM »
any good news?

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2019, 11:16:34 PM »
I am heartbroken.  I’m so very sorry to have to share that our dear friend Jon passed on this morning.  I will miss him so much.  I know we all will.

http://www.beckchapels.com/m/?p=memorial&id=2170087

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2019, 11:55:03 PM »
Im in shock

It happened so sudden

I regret I never met him in person

They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2019, 09:19:33 AM »
There are no words that can be said to make this okay, it will never be okay.  Just heartbreaking for his family and it feels like the world is darker without JCG and his unique presence & energy.

Hopefully we can all share the truly memorable stories, chuckles, lessons, or memories we have all had with our longhorn-friend to help us get through the sorrow and void that his absence will no doubt leave.     

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2019, 10:09:02 AM »
Please post this in memorial board.  I didnt know him like someone who can say something really special can.  I hate it. I hope he realized how we enjoyed his banter .

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2019, 11:00:31 AM »
I started one over there, I will have to add to it as I get past the sadness a bit and can get on with reflecting on all the better times we've all had together over the many years.   I know many of you have been posting-pals for even longer than I have with HH, so hopefully anyone that feels compelled to share some thoughts & stories can add on.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.