header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Rallying support for CH/HH/JCG

(Read 12983 times)

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
Re: Rallying support for CH/HH/JCG
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2019, 12:09:28 AM »
Some good news: our main man left the hospital and is home.  He was there a long time.

My dear wife was hospitalized for about a month in 2016.  Every day felt like three.  A week was like a month.  A month in there, well, it can rearrange your whole life.  

No doubt JCG that you are one tough hombre.  

So glad you’re home my friend.  

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2019, 12:57:17 AM »
Glad to read this

Thanks for posting Fred

They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2019, 10:21:50 AM »
best news I've heard all week!
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2019, 10:53:34 AM »
Some good news: our main man left the hospital and is home.  He was there a long time.

My dear wife was hospitalized for about a month in 2016.  Every day felt like three.  A week was like a month.  A month in there, well, it can rearrange your whole life.  

No doubt JCG that you are one tough hombre.  

So glad you’re home my friend.  
Thanx for the update CF and hope whatever the affliction he is out of the woods
Suburbia:Where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2019, 12:51:06 PM »
Thank you for interest, friendship, encouragement.

They let me go but I’m very weak with a long road to recovery. The worst should be behind me now.

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2019, 02:01:30 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l50L4GYhpLc

or, of course:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn3_yCHu--Y

^if you wanna take a different tact... 

and since you got me going.... talking about 'covers', try this one on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoDXjhnCoA0

DevilFroggy

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2019, 07:03:08 PM »
Thank you for interest, friendship, encouragement.

They let me go but I’m very weak with a long road to recovery. The worst should be behind me now.
Hang in there amigo, I'm pulling for ya. 
I thought I settled my debts that night on the ride home
But I have still got hell to pay

CWSooner

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2019, 08:24:24 PM »
One day at a time, HH.
Play Like a Champion Today

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2019, 01:29:37 PM »
Glad to see some updates and that you are back home!  We're cheering along the road to recovery with you, so please don't hesitate to reach out for anything we can do to help ease your journey back to happy & healthy days ahead.    You've brought joy and good memories to me in our many years spent interacting on the many CFN board iterations, and I certainly hope to return any joy back your way if requested, big or small,  and keep faith that we will see eachother again on a happier day! 

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2019, 06:45:08 PM »
Been weighing whatto say...

Always been fortunate, healthwise.   A year ago I imagined I was a 56 year old dude who felt, looked & acted about 42.  Happy with family, life & career.

Then i was diagnosed with an unusual disease and in February that disease began perforating my bowels and intestines with these holes.  They had to open me up for a laparotomy to repair me and then a second one two weeks later. Both were successful but possibly temporary.  The month in the hospital with tubes in me has left me weak as a kitten.  My world has shrunk from interest & opportunities & choices to practically being a burden on my family.

I’m thankful to be alive & I know I should sound more grateful but these a long, frustrating, confusing days (& nights) make me feel like I’m losing my identity.  Thank you for your thoughts & prayers. Those 2 words will never sound trite to me.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2019, 08:08:06 PM »
Good to hear from you CH

Its a great sign that the doctors let you go home

Hang in there

oh and just to let you know I mentioned that someone on my football forum had a serious

illness to my sister in law who is extremely religious 

long story short you are in about 50 prayer chains all over Texas

so you got that going for ya
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2019, 08:13:55 PM »
i should have figured you'd have identity problems being known by so many names in these here circles... it's your style, friend, that you can't escape no matter what we call you.  And that's the reason we're gonna know who you are no matter how it is you figure you're identified.  Butt Hole Surfers- "you never know just how you look through other people's eyes".  

so- I see you as a jovial feller who takes things just about as serious as they ought to be taken, which believe it or not gives a touch of tact to how i present myself in real life.  I also see your brand of humor as a refreshing and a grounded vantage that still has ability to surprise- hence the humor part- though you ain't left the same reality we're all experiencing.  that last bit "we're all experiencing" is the key to it.... your contributions round here and in our former government subsidized and/or bailed out digs of CFN and Scout now CBS/247 have always been binding- binding your world to my (our?) own and letting air and light into a space occupied by like minded (though often demented in a wonderful way) folks, which is the agent that binds this community.  

way i got it figured, this set of skills you got that allows you to get by with antics like that without hardly anyone noticing (or maybe they just never said anything? am i breaking a code here?) can't possibly be limited to just here- which means you most likely have a similar appeal to those in your real world.... and that means they've defined you too.. i'm the only jerk willing to say it aloud.  

point is it doesn't really matter- definitions, that is- because you don't get to do that.  we do.  and more to the point, in spite of the better greek tragedy's where the hero falls from grace, that's particularly difficult to reverse engineer in this electronic space.  you're stuck with who you are and how we've defined you.  

knowing now the nature of your predicament, I had a friend diagnosed with something akin- his was triggered by strenuous exercise, but to the same ends.  very nasty.  i'm at a loss of words to express how even to acknowledge it.  

i once woke up an otter that got itself all snagged up in a trap.  i thought he was dead at first, 'till i heard it snore... usually those critters either could care less about you or they poke around you trying to figure you out, and they almost always do comical things.  this one was different in disposition on the count i figure he held me personally responsible for that trap he was in... it took some strong persuasion to get him headed in the other direction.  i imagine after a brief recovery and pondering the more important things in his world, he once again found his curiosity of humans... just not on that day.  that confusion sounds something like and similar at least to what you describe - but unlike you, that otter, or those hero's in the greek tragedy's, you cain't be judging yourself by a single event as compared to your entire span- not while your still shy of the event horizon, anyway. 

and not while there is a helluva (I know you texan's love that word) lotta fun to still be had. 

on a more direct and uninvited note: don't let yer pride get in the way of LETTING your people help you.... that SoB has a fascinating way of masquerading as 'burden' at times like these.  they're there, and they no doubt want to help.  lettin' them might not be easy. 

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2019, 08:18:13 PM »
Good to hear from you CH

Its a great sign that the doctors let you go home

Hang in there

oh and just to let you know I mentioned that someone on my football forum had a serious

illness to my sister in law who is extremely religious

long story short you are in about 50 prayer chains all over Texas

so you got that going for ya

that right there is some scary mess... I mean, it's good for CH and all, but the thought passed my mind somebody may one day do something similar for me, and the last thing i'd ever need is for someone to remind the Big Man i'm still around and unaddressed... 
but in all seriousness, this is a good thing and makes me proud to be somewhat a (pseudo)member of this here group. 

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2019, 10:13:29 PM »
thinking about you and praying for you often!

and please, quit thinking about being a burden, it's not right
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.