header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Rallying support for CH/HH/JCG

(Read 12926 times)

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
Rallying support for CH/HH/JCG
« on: March 09, 2019, 10:07:37 AM »
Hi, all!
With his confirmation, I wanted to share an update on our beloved longtime poster CharleyHorse/HookyHornstein.   He has not been doing well after suffering from a sudden severe condition that left him hospitalized since mid-Feb, resulting in surgeries, too.    :03:

I don't know the details of the surgeries or exactly what is causing the most pain for him at this time, but he is still in a hospital and in recovery.  I'm not sure also if he is well enough to talk, or wants to, as I corresponded via text to let him know he had a care package on the way and I was able to get some responses back which lifted my spirits.   Not sure how long he will be in before getting released home, but I am praying its soon and he can find comfort quickly.

If you can send up some healing thoughts, please keep our old friend in your hearts.  If you would like to send a card or anything, I was able to get the hospital info where he is currently and can likely give it out privately.   I'm sure any good cheer he receives will help as he battles to get back to his life again.    Hopefully he's well and in good spirits soon and can drop in for his own update, but just wanted to pass along this info to you since I was told it was safe to share.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Rallying support for CH/HH/JCG
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 11:55:00 AM »
Very sad to here about HH health issues but hopefully he will recover and get back to his old self

Hang in there HH we miss you
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 05:46:27 PM »
Thank you Erin.  Its for sure a really rough patch for our good friend JCG.  

Like with all illnesses it makes one’s friends feel kind of helpless, but at least we can send some prayers his way and add some levity to help keep his spirits up.  

And, I’m cheering for Texas in solidarity with him, until he gets better.

Hook ‘em Horns and Hook ‘em JCG!

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 11:52:03 AM »
Awe man, this is terrible news.  Its dang sure the type I like the least. 

Thanks for the heads up, @UT-Erin03 ... And @CharleyHorse46 , get better. Get a lot better you.  

Mr Tulip

• Learn to love or leave me. Either one you wanna do.
  • Player
  • Non Serviam
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 09:21:21 AM »
Tough news! Hooky's not someone you ever think of being mortal. He's more of a force of nature. Irascible, silly, sometimes moody and petulant, but ever present. Sorry to hear he's been brung low for a bit.

Get better soon! We need more weedeater and bass boat stories.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 03:45:09 PM »
shoot, I was just in Leander playing the golf course Hooky recommended

If I had been paying attention I could have looked up the horse-pital and tried to visit the old man

I've met Hooky more than a few times and as Droog says, Charley doesn't seem to be the type that will ever have a health issue.

git well soon Hooky!!
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CWSooner

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 06:58:21 PM »
Sorry to hear this news.  Hang in there, Hooky!
Play Like a Champion Today

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 10:23:20 AM »
can you provide me an address?  I've got something from the community here needing to be sent... PM if you would be so kind. 

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 10:27:55 AM »
THANK YOU!!!!!

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2019, 10:29:36 AM »
BTW, i don't know why but I can see all your PM's from other people.... like someone asking for a MAGA hat icon, lol.

Not sure if you were aware of that or not, or if others can also see the PM I just sent to you with the address info.  Or maybe I didn't send a PM like I thought and did something else, but whatever... looks like you got it! 

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2019, 10:38:58 AM »
BTW, i don't know why but I can see all your PM's from other people.... like someone asking for a MAGA hat icon, lol.

Not sure if you were aware of that or not, or if others can also see the PM I just sent to you with the address info.  Or maybe I didn't send a PM like I thought and did something else, but whatever... looks like you got it!
you actually posted it on my 'wall'.... sorta like facebook... I cleared the 'dox' off of it... so, we're good.  

Cincydawg

• Oracle of Piedmont Park
  • Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Oracle of Piedmont Park
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2019, 11:21:58 AM »
Here's to Hooky with best wishes for a fast recovery and many more posts.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2019, 11:49:38 AM »
I'd guessing and hopeful that we will soon get some entertaining stories about hospitals and nurses and other interesting things
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2019, 11:50:21 AM »
Whoa, I had no idea we have CFN walls.....  I learned something new today!  

I will take better precautions next time with verifying the PM process is being used.  ;)

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.