header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: ESPiN article on Jerry Kill's thoughts on U of M football today

(Read 2572 times)

fezzador

• Player
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
ESPiN article on Jerry Kill's thoughts on U of M football today
« on: February 20, 2019, 04:07:43 PM »
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26034402/ex-gophers-coach-jerry-kill-criticizes-current-coach-pj-fleck

Let's just say that he's not exactly impressed with the way they're rowing the boat.

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: ESPiN article on Jerry Kill's thoughts on U of M football today
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 04:39:22 PM »
I'm not sure what would compel him to come out and say this stuff. Kinda makes him look bitter. Not sure why he would be.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 04:46:08 PM »
sounds like he's bitter.  Bitter that Fleck runs a circus and doesn't give credit where it's due

ya know that not everyone likes Fleck?
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 05:00:25 PM »
I'm not sure any coach likes Fleck, but why go on record with it? There is nothing to gain.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

fezzador

• Player
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 06:14:23 PM »
I think he’s directing his ire at the wrong person.  Tracy Claeys kept the momentum going, but at the expense of the overall team discipline.  If Fleck was insinuating that Kill ran a loose ship, he couldn’t have been more wrong.

MaximumSam

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 08:05:05 PM »
Sounds like he is generally upset with the way Claeys was run out and everything that was said then as opposed to a particular issue with Fleck. Which...it was an ugly situation.  Should probably just leave it at that.

GopherRock

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 08:47:41 PM »
Bitter, party of one.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 09:31:03 PM »
I'm not sure any coach likes Fleck, but why go on record with it? There is nothing to gain.
I understand, but why lie with a microphone in your face
he doesn't have much to lose either
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2019, 10:08:51 PM »
Right, he has no reason to be PC either.  Does anyone like Fleck?  If he wins, likeable doesn't matter, but I think in the unscientific "most punchable face" metric, he's right there with Frost and Brohm.

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2019, 10:26:01 PM »
If he does win, he's on to the next gig... provided they let him install oars and other shit on helmets. I'm suse USC would buy that... NOT.

The Badgers are gonna stomp a mudhole, and stick him in it, next year.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2019, 10:27:08 PM »
Right, he has no reason to be PC either.  Does anyone like Fleck?  If he wins, likeable doesn't matter, but I think in the unscientific "most punchable face" metric, he's right there with Frost and Brohm.
And the "House of BOO". I love that.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

GopherRock

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2019, 09:19:14 AM »
If he does win, he's on to the next gig... provided they let him install oars and other shit on helmets. I'm suse USC would buy that... NOT.

The Badgers are gonna stomp a mudhole, and stick him in it, next year.
The Badgers were going to stomp a mud hole in the Gophers last Thanksgiving weekend, too. 
Yes, Fleck is a loudmouthed used car salesman. But this time, he's got something to sell. 

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2019, 09:22:09 AM »
The Badgers were going to stomp a mud hole in the Gophers last Thanksgiving weekend, too.
Yes, Fleck is a loudmouthed used car salesman. But this time, he's got something to sell.
I didn't believe that to be the case. They were too injured at that point in the season. Very ripe for the upset that happened. The rest I agree with. He does have something to sell. There is a trophy in the case. Don't get too attached to it. :96:
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

fezzador

• Player
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2019, 10:51:17 AM »
Sounds like he is generally upset with the way Claeys was run out and everything that was said then as opposed to a particular issue with Fleck. Which...it was an ugly situation.  Should probably just leave it at that.
That's what I was thinking as well.  The lack of control was on Claeys and not on Kill, but Kill took it as a personal affront when Fleck was trying to "change the culture".  It's probably a simple case of Kill trying to stick up for a friend, but I don't see how the behavior under his watch can be excused.  Claeys was a competent coach, but royally sucked as a babysitter.  He was rightfully terminated.

And in other news, college kids can be really dumb.  Yes, male college athletes are higher profile and their misdeeds get the publicity, but non-athlete males and coeds are just as capable of doing stupid shit.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.