Double digit returning starters 2017
header pic

College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!! The Best FREE College Football Forum on the Internet!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Double digit returning starters 2017

(Read 1238 times)

ALA2262

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Double digit returning starters 2017
« on: May 19, 2017, 08:41:21 AM »
Offense: Four teams return 10 starters, including the QB. Fresno State, Missouri, South Carolina, and TCU.

Defense: One team, Syracuse, returns all 11 starters. Two teams return 10. Georgia and Texas.

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • All Star
  • Liked:
Re: Double digit returning starters 2017
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 09:19:01 AM »
going against conventional wisdom, returners are 'subjective' at the very least in my humble opinion...

Syracuse returning all 11, for instance, would make it seem like their D will be stout... but I'm pretty sure I'd take at least 25 starting rosters (even if some had true freshmen on board) before choosing theirs. 

a few years ago my fella returned the entire O line from a dismal line the year before... it was touted to be a strength... they were only marginally better than the year before. 

that said, Texas and UGA returning 10 is likely a good/great thing for those teams, who have a lot of quality players on the bench that would start at 'cuse. 

TCU Mizzou and USCjr ought to be interesting returning the playmakers on O... a lot of folks are looking right past USCjr in the East, and Mizzou is a university in turmoil (off the field).   I want to like TCU... i wonder if they'll ever climb back where they were prior to Peterson?

ALA2262

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 09:53:10 AM »
 I remember one year in which Vandy returned all 22 starters. Plus their P and PK. Problem was they played for Vandy the previous year.  :)

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 09:54:24 AM »
heheheheeeeee- yup!!! that's exactly what I mean!!! 

ALA2262

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 10:00:30 AM »
You have Petersen and Patterson confused. Petersen was at Boise State and went to Washington. Patterson is still at TCU.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 10:04:01 AM by ALA2262 »

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 10:09:46 AM »
I dang sure do..... i do it every single time. 

Amazon:
Support the Site:
Please Search Amazon from here!