The Illusion of Enemy-Less Christian Discipleship
header pic

College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!! The Best FREE College Football Forum on the Internet!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: The Illusion of Enemy-Less Christian Discipleship

(Read 31 times)

DunkingDan

• Legend
  • Liked:
« on: February 11, 2019, 08:33:35 PM »

When I was a child, I loved camping. For twelve-year-old boys, camping trips have many thrilling aspects, among them that you could spend an entire day outside without being chaperoned by your mom. I vividly remember how my father helped me get ready for camping trips. He would pack Vienna Sausages, canned baked beans, and oatmeal cookies. This was an ideal diet for a twelve-year-old boy.
On one particular trip, I remember playing with friends in an abandoned palmetto field. We ran ourselves into exhaustion, which I now realize was the scoutmaster’s plan. After a long day, we finally crawled into our tents and fell asleep. The next morning we were awakened by three gunshots. Racing out of our tents, we found Colonel Mack Geiger, one of the leading laymen of the church, draping three enormous diamondback rattlesnakes across the front of his jeep. When we asked where he had shot them, he pointed to the bushes–the very palmetto bushes we had been playing near the night before, blissfully unaware of the danger so near.
We like to think the world is a safe place, but it is not. The world is a tremendously dangerous place. We like to imagine that evil is distant but, as the headlines reveal, evil is always lurking near. Even when we don’t see any enemies, invisible threats like germs, viruses, bacteria, and toxins surround us. If we are honest, we know that danger can crop up in any circumstance.

Christians should recognize this truth particularly when it comes to our spiritual lives. The Bible clearly teaches that the Devil and his demons are real and that these invisible enemies are bent on destroying our spiritual lives.
More at link 

President Harry S. Truman said: “The fundamental basis of this nation’s laws was given to Moses on the Mount.  The fundamental basis of our Bill of Rights comes from the teachings…  If we don't have the proper fundamental moral background, we will finally wind up with a totalitarian government which does not believe in rights for anybody except the state.”

Cincydawg

• Global Moderator
  • Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: The Illusion of Enemy-Less Christian Discipleship
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 08:19:26 AM »
The Scoutmaster allowed 12 year old boys to run around in palmetto groves populated with rattlesnakes to make a point?

Interesting.

DunkingDan

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 02:26:53 PM »
The Scoutmaster allowed 12 year old boys to run around in palmetto groves populated with rattlesnakes to make a point?

Interesting.
The article does not say or imply that, but wait you knew it meant to, my bad
President Harry S. Truman said: “The fundamental basis of this nation’s laws was given to Moses on the Mount.  The fundamental basis of our Bill of Rights comes from the teachings…  If we don't have the proper fundamental moral background, we will finally wind up with a totalitarian government which does not believe in rights for anybody except the state.”

Cincydawg

• Global Moderator
  • Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 02:30:51 PM »
"On one particular trip, I remember playing with friends in an abandoned palmetto field. We ran ourselves into exhaustion, which I now realize was the scoutmaster’s plan. After a long day, we finally crawled into our tents and fell asleep. The next morning we were awakened by three gunshots. Racing out of our tents, we found Colonel Mack Geiger, one of the leading laymen of the church, draping three enormous diamondback rattlesnakes across the front of his jeep. When we asked where he had shot them, he pointed to the bushes–the very palmetto bushes we had been playing near the night before, blissfully unaware of the danger so near."

Had some adult done that with my child, I would have been more than a bit irate.

DunkingDan

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 02:37:56 PM »
"On one particular trip, I remember playing with friends in an abandoned palmetto field. We ran ourselves into exhaustion, which I now realize was the scoutmaster’s plan. After a long day, we finally crawled into our tents and fell asleep. The next morning we were awakened by three gunshots. Racing out of our tents, we found Colonel Mack Geiger, one of the leading laymen of the church, draping three enormous diamondback rattlesnakes across the front of his jeep. When we asked where he had shot them, he pointed to the bushes–the very palmetto bushes we had been playing near the night before, blissfully unaware of the danger so near."

Had some adult done that with my child, I would have been more than a bit irate.
So you would be more than a bit irate because someone alimented a  danger to your child.
Your superior intellect and values is on full display once again

Amazon:
Support the Site:
Please Search Amazon from here!