What's wrong with Virginia?
header pic

College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!! The Best FREE College Football Forum on the Internet!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: What's wrong with Virginia?

(Read 227 times)

DunkingDan

• Legend
  • Liked:
Re: What's wrong with Virginia?
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2019, 12:07:46 PM »
This particular accusation is getting stranger.   Now she is claiming she was also raped by a Duke basketball player, and told friends about it at the time, including Justin Fairfax.   That has to be a first, using a person that you are accusing of rape as a corroborating source for a prior rape.  I think any charges someone makes should be taken seriously, but bringing up two separate incidents from over 18 years ago now certainly raises a lot of questions about the accuser and her credibility.  
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/25961918/duke-investigating-sexual-assault-allegation-made-former-basketball-player
Accusations from many years past against someone in power raises questions/flags/etc.
Are some creditable? The odds are yes simply because so many sexual assaults go unreported.
Are some of the accusations politically motivated? Most likely and the suspicion grow as most are made through a select few lawyers who are politically active.
If the accuser talked to family and friends about the alleged act around the time it allegedly occurred. I can set no criteria as to were to judge as each case would be different for many variable factors.  
President Harry S. Truman said: “The fundamental basis of this nation’s laws was given to Moses on the Mount.  The fundamental basis of our Bill of Rights comes from the teachings…  If we don't have the proper fundamental moral background, we will finally wind up with a totalitarian government which does not believe in rights for anybody except the state.”

HK_Vol

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2019, 02:07:52 AM »

DunkingDan

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2019, 04:33:39 PM »
I don't know why but every time I see this thread I am reminded of a play I read back in High School by Edward Albee  ''Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf''
President Harry S. Truman said: “The fundamental basis of this nation’s laws was given to Moses on the Mount.  The fundamental basis of our Bill of Rights comes from the teachings…  If we don't have the proper fundamental moral background, we will finally wind up with a totalitarian government which does not believe in rights for anybody except the state.”

Amazon:
Support the Site:
Please Search Amazon from here!