UTk Logo

College Football Fan Site, CFB51 for TENNESSEE VOL FANS!!! Best FREE Tennessee Vol College Football Forum on the Internet!!!

One community smart about Tennessee College football with Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching discussions, topics surrounding the game, and reading of both original and aggregated news and commentary in our Publisher. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE Tennessee Fan Site and to take part in our Tennessee Vol community- a community with you- the user, the fan, and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean and clear place to interact.

Author

Topic: VOL"s sign 5* OL & 4* LB

(Read 5481 times)

Hoojang

• Player
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
VOL"s sign 5* OL & 4* LB
« on: February 06, 2019, 04:37:49 PM »
That makes two 5* O linemen for this class.
The VOLS needed O line and LB help and it looks like Pruitt filled some immediate needs.

It's entirely possible that one or both OL will start next season so expect more growing pains.

Pruitt want's to run power football but the addition of Chaney running the offense = we can expect a good mixture.

Pruitt's doing it in recruiting, lets give him time to translate that to the field...

GO VOLS

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: VOL"s sign 5* OL & 4* LB
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 05:54:40 PM »
sweet- and I hear there is not one but two jr.college guys coming?  that were ranked 4*?  That'll assist... 

the class is where, now? 14th? 15th?

and YES SIR!!!! GBO!!!!!!!

Cincydawg

• Oracle of Piedmont Park
  • Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 08:25:51 AM »
247 has the Vols at 12th, which is solid.

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 09:04:03 AM »
I wish Coach Quareless would participate here... where are you at @CoachQ ???

He was telling me about Coach Fulmer, and said that he was the best he'd ever seen at skirting rules- NOT breaking them at all, but finding ways around them and making it work for him.  He said 'every coach has a system' of doing the same, but that Fulmer took it to a whole new level....... I'm hoping he's holding Coach Pruitt's hand through this.....  

Cincydawg

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 11:06:04 AM »
We all know it comes down to recruiting first, as a necessary but not sufficient thing.  Then player development and scheme and game day prep and decision making.

An SEC team has to recruit top 15 every year to be competitive, and then it takes a breakout player for most to make real noise.  Otherwise, we're chasing the Tide.

DunkingDan

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 03:45:19 PM »
I like the way he is filling holes and recruiting each position to build depth.

It also appears we are upgrading or coaching and recruiting from a staff standpoint  
President Harry S. Truman said: “The fundamental basis of this nation’s laws was given to Moses on the Mount.  The fundamental basis of our Bill of Rights comes from the teachings…  If we don't have the proper fundamental moral background, we will finally wind up with a totalitarian government which does not believe in rights for anybody except the state.”

UT yeah!
Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.