header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: OT - Why do you dine out? What do you seek in dining out?

(Read 4569 times)

SFBadger96

• Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: OT - Why do you dine out? What do you seek in dining out?
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2019, 01:25:37 PM »
Tried Three Taverns Brewery out yet? It's based in Decatur. A couple of friends are investors in it. I've enjoyed their beers.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2019, 01:27:56 PM »
no one is dining outside here today.........

5 above with 25 mph winds blowing around the 3-5 inches of snow from last night early this morning.  Wind chill is brutal.  Schools have let out early (after lunch so they can call in a full day and not made to make it up in the spring)
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

Cincydawg

• Oracle of Piedmont Park
  • Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2019, 02:02:41 PM »
Tried Three Taverns Brewery out yet? It's based in Decatur. A couple of friends are investors in it. I've enjoyed their beers.
Not yet, this appears to be a brewing mecca.  We will try it sooner or later, right now we mostly go places to which we can walk.  Traffic around here can be entertaining.

SFBadger96

• Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2019, 03:01:03 PM »
Not yet, this appears to be a brewing mecca.  We will try it sooner or later, right now we mostly go places to which we can walk.  Traffic around here can be entertaining.

Probably not worth going to the tap room. Pretty sure its served in plenty of places around town. If you're into Belgian styles, it's worth a try.

Cincydawg

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2019, 03:12:43 PM »
I don't drink a lot of beer and Belgian usually is among my least favorite types.  I don't like fruit flavored beer much.  I'm not much for stouts nor IPAs that are nearly all hops.  I like balance, in beer and in wine.  Balance is very hard to achieve.  A lot of beer makers want to "stand out" and announce their presence with authority.

The best wines, to me, are those hard to describe beyond being really good.  Same with beer, quite trying to be cute, I'll just drink Sam Adams and be fine.

SFBadger96

• Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2019, 04:55:52 PM »
Then don't go out of your way to try Three Taverns. :-)

They do Belgian well, but if that's not your thing then don't waste your time on it. 

I'm not a fan of IPAs; I've caught on to that trend. I like Bass (a pale ale), but never the hoppier stuff. I have always enjoyed heavier beers, stouts, porters, and cloudier ones, like saisons, but I agree that it's not worth it when they get too cute. I don't like fruit in my beer. I do like Spotted Cow, but it has to be in managed doses.

betarhoalphadelta

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2019, 05:06:03 PM »
I love big, bitter, hoppy IPAs. Granted, I drink black coffee, love dark chocolate (the darker the better), enjoy all manner of bitter green vegetables, and I'm weird in that I like the taste of orange peel. Just raw orange peel. Delicious!

They say you are what you eat, and I'm also extremely bitter. :38:

Anonymous Coward

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2019, 05:48:09 PM »
I love big, bitter, hoppy IPAs. Granted, I drink black coffee, love dark chocolate (the darker the better), enjoy all manner of bitter green vegetables, and I'm weird in that I like the taste of orange peel. Just raw orange peel. Delicious!

They say you are what you eat, and I'm also extremely bitter. :38:
I'm not sure if I disprefer balanced drinks/food, but I absolutely prefer to be kicked in the mouth. IPAs, intense salsa, eye-blistering curry, and espresso by the mug full fit the bill just right for me. And maybe I've never had a dish that's too salty.
If I am what I eat, the answer is excessive. The only kind of moderation I favor is moderation in moderation.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2019, 06:13:12 PM »
I don't like sweets much, so I enjoy strong black coffee, espresso, dark chocolate, brussel sprouts, spinach, intense salsa, Habanero wings, eye-blistering curry, stouts, & porters, but........

really don't like very hoppy bitter IPAs or the sour beers.  Since I don't like sweets I can drink fruity beers.  How bad could scurvy be?
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2019, 08:28:00 AM »
I'm not sure if I disprefer balanced drinks/food, but I absolutely prefer to be kicked in the mouth. 
+1

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2019, 08:43:21 AM »
I love big, bitter, hoppy IPAs. Granted, I drink black coffee, love dark chocolate (the darker the better), enjoy all manner of bitter green vegetables
I'm on board with the black coffee and green vegetables.But friends don't let friends drink IPA's - smooth,malty goodness is the way to go
Suburbia:Where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them.

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2019, 08:51:11 AM »
I don't like sweets much, so I enjoy strong black coffee, espresso, dark chocolate, brussel sprouts, spinach, intense salsa, Habanero wings, eye-blistering curry, stouts, & porters, 
Not bad sans the the chocolate and hot wings
Suburbia:Where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2019, 08:53:11 AM »
I don't eat much chocolate, but I'm a hot wing eating machine.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2019, 08:55:13 AM »
I don't eat sweets in general.  I save those calories for beer and wine.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.