header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Season Tickets, Boosters, Clubs and Mandetory Donations

(Read 1927 times)

SFBadger96

• Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: Season Tickets, Boosters, Clubs and Mandetory Donations
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2019, 05:24:04 PM »
I suppose one advantage of moving 2000 miles away from campus is that I don't have to worry about all this stuff... ~:P
Right there with you...

Cincydawg

• Oracle of Piedmont Park
  • Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Oracle of Piedmont Park
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2019, 05:25:24 PM »
I moved a lot closer to campus obviously.  I'll probably do one game a year with the wife.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2019, 05:34:46 PM »
I suppose one advantage of moving 2000 miles away from campus is that I don't have to worry about all this stuff... ~:P
ily.
I was delighted for many years, to be able to live and work in the same city as my alma mater, and regularly attend numerous sporting events.
But when they made our relationship purely transactional, it lost a lot of its luster.
I'm quite happy these days to attend a couple of football games per year and watch the rest on TV.  I also attend many, many baseball games because they're still affordable for my entire family.
Honestly, I miss the tailgate party a lot more than the actual games.

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2019, 06:48:03 AM »
I was delighted for many years, to be able to live and work in the same city as my alma mater, and regularly attend numerous sporting events.
But when they made our relationship purely transactional, it lost a lot of its luster.
I'm quite happy these days to attend a couple of football games per year and watch the rest on TV.  I also attend many, many baseball games because they're still affordable for my entire family.
Honestly, I miss the tailgate party a lot more than the actual games.
This is me. At the end, we'd go up there and do the tailgate, and sell our tickets (always at a loss). The dynamic changed though. The older guys were dropping off and the replacements were not the same. Now, it's too far to go for a tailgate party that isn't what it used to be.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

Benthere2

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2019, 11:19:41 PM »
Here from a MN season ticket holder for 18 years.  I gave them up 3 years ago when the U added a forced donation to the tickets that doubled my commitment.  now I go to 1-2 games per year and either get free tickets or very reduced

If I remember I was paying about 1300 for 4 seats on the sideline 1st level with seat backs about the 5 yd line (clearly not the greatest seats in the house but not bad either)

jumping them to 2600 put me out of the game and I really didn't want to move to another spot after spending money on those lean years (Mason, Brewster, etc.) to work my way to where I had gotten to.

Students are not coming to our games and like Badge stated once there they leave early too.  The last two years the U has given 1 year scholarships(drawn at the games) to student fans that signed in at the beginning of the game and stay until into the 4th quarter.  must be present to win,a  great deal and that kept about half the student crowd longer

rook119

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2019, 11:43:08 PM »
TV access has also changed things.   For many years growing up Nebraska was on TV more than most programs and even then, you'd either need to attend or listen on the radio for about 1/2 games in the season.  With every game on TV, the need to attend drops.  
Yea its so much fun flipping around. There are almost 2-3 good games on at a time. 

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.