header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: 2019 Wisconsin Season Thread

(Read 31439 times)

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: 2019 Wisconsin Offseason Thread
« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2019, 03:26:00 PM »
perhaps the staff should have run off some defensive players?
I think the staff is more interested in getting the injured ones healthy, and working in some new ones. There was nobody to run off, so to speak.

The staff did not "run off" Hornibrook. This I am confident about.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2019, 06:59:36 PM »
well, as a returning starting QB that was 26-6, it seems logical that someone whispered in his ear

perhaps Horni was whispering in his own head
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2019, 08:24:17 PM »
You read the quote from PC. Yeah, AH had a great record, but wasn't because of him. The rumor is that UW has had a good OL and decent tailbacks. I need to confirm that, but I'm pretty sure it's true.

I'm disappointed because he showed a ton of promise early on, and he's also a great kid and student. He didn't want to compete for his job. It is what it is. The kid was a great Badger. Best of luck.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2019, 08:34:45 PM »
gotta earn it every day

Frost has told all the players on the roster that's it's the coach's job to bring in kids that can take spots, so keep working.  The competition never stops

no promises
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2019, 08:55:45 PM »
gotta earn it every day

Frost has told all the players on the roster that's it's the coach's job to bring in kids that can take spots, so keep working.  The competition never stops

no promises
That's what we do, right??
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

bayareabadger

• Legend
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2019, 09:33:26 PM »
I thought he was relatively good as a sophomore. Not really good, but good enough, especially at some very hard stuff. 

That said, he was just not great last year. He had the ability to be quite good in moments. Badge brought up the INT/defense thing, and even if that was a factor, he was pretty efficent last season, and he just wasn't this season. Their passing efficiency (per S&P) dropped from top-15 or top-10 to the 80s before his injury. 

I was hopeful he'd bounce back. Guess he won't have the chance, seemingly by his own decision. 

bayareabadger

• Legend
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2019, 09:36:00 PM »
Horni was 26-6?

Horni wanted to win

apparently, the coaches want to win more
The last longterm starter before him finished on a 18-4 run. In those two seasons, he had passer ratings of 113.2 and 125.7. That understates his value the second year, but UW was on quite a run of overcoming low-ceiling QB play. 

Hawkinole

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2019, 01:36:13 PM »
Hornibrook transferring.

WHAT IN THE HELL?!??
I am not a medical doctor, but after the beating Hornibrook took last season with multiple concussions, I think a better course for him would be to seek a graduate assistant position in coaching.

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2019, 01:54:42 PM »
Most people think it would be best for him to retire, but he says he really wants to play.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

Hawkinole

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2019, 07:32:45 PM »
One of UNC's QBs just transferred to Ark. St. to become a graduate assistant coach. Hornibrook has a wealth of experience he could put to better use than by playing another season and risking everything.

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2019, 07:41:20 PM »
100% agree. We're both fathers, and if this was my kid, I'd do my damn best to try and change his mind. But, I wouldn't demand it. That breeds resentment.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2019, 09:25:47 AM »
Hornibrook is on an official visit at... Florida State. This makes absolutely no sense to me. His father and brother are with him too. I wonder if the brother will follow him to wherever he ends up?
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

bayareabadger

• Legend
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2019, 11:16:14 AM »
Hornibrook is on an official visit at... Florida State. This makes absolutely no sense to me. His father and brother are with him too. I wonder if the brother will follow him to wherever he ends up?
 Man might want to job, and that certainly is a job without many options. Also, Florida ladies. 

bayareabadger

• Legend
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2019, 01:18:17 PM »
Hornibrook to FSU. Good for him. 

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.