header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: 2019 Maryland Offseason Thread

(Read 8976 times)

mcwterps1

• All Star
  • Liked:
2019 Maryland Offseason Thread
« on: December 11, 2018, 10:17:20 AM »
I figure I'll post here. Don't want to take any more space in other threads for speculation and rumors when most here don't care.

With that said, Shaq Smith is now being mentioned as a possible transfer. I find this one a bit hard to believe, because isn't he established at Clemson?

We'll see.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 02:05:12 PM by ELA »

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: Maryland Football News
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 10:27:04 AM »
If you don't object, I think the title of this thread should be "Maryland 2019 Offseason Thread", in keeping with the tidy atmosphere ELA has worked so hard to help build here.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

mcwterps1

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 11:14:20 AM »
If you don't object, I think the title of this thread should be "Maryland 2019 Offseason Thread", in keeping with the tidy atmosphere ELA has worked so hard to help build here.
With the amount of activity around here for Maryland, do you really think we need a Maryland thread for every year, or offseason?
How much tidier can you get?

bayareabadger

• Legend
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 11:29:28 AM »
I figure I'll post here. Don't want to take any more space in other threads for speculation and rumors when most here don't care.

With that said, Shaq Smith is now being mentioned as a possible transfer. I find this one a bit hard to believe, because isn't he established at Clemson?

We'll see.
He averaged 10 snaps a game. Prime looking for more PT guy unless he thinks snaps will open next year. 

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 11:32:00 AM »
With the amount of activity around here for Maryland, do you really think we need a Maryland thread for every year, or offseason?
How much tidier can you get?
I'd like to think we can get more Maryland posters here. And more posters in general. That said, I think individual threads for each school could be a good thing for all of us.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

mcwterps1

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 08:42:30 AM »
4 star Isaiah Hazel is the first to flip from WVU to UMD.

Hoping this gets the ball rolling. 

TyphonInc

• Starter
  • Easily Amused
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 08:56:40 AM »
A strong Maryland Program is good for the conference. And where I don't have insider infor or make many post regarding Maryland, I enjoy reading up on them. 

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 09:34:48 AM »
I don't think there is any doubt Maryland is going to be recruiting very well

mcwterps1

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 10:00:02 AM »
Elijah Brooks, Dematha's HC, is likely going to be joining the staff as RB's coach, and Josh Wilson, a former Terp, will likely become the HC of Dematha, thus giving Maryland a major pipeline to the powerhouse school.

Nick Cross, a current FSU commit, is supposed to be on campus today, and is likely the next to flip.  Time will tell.

Entropy

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2018, 01:15:33 PM »
I don't think there is any doubt Maryland is going to be recruiting very well
So are kids flocking to Maryland because he coached at bama?   He's 3-31 as a HC....

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2018, 02:04:54 PM »
So are kids flocking to Maryland because he coached at bama?   He's 3-31 as a HC....
He could always recruit, particularly that DMV area.  It was the other stuff that always was, and to some extend still is, the question.  He somehow got Arrelious Benn and Vontae Davis out of DC to commit to Illinois when he was there under Zook.  Hiring him at New Mexico made no sense, when his biggest selling point was being able to recruit blue chippers from a geographic region on the other side of the country.  New Mexico isn't pulling in 5* kids no matter what, and certainly not from the DC area.
If his experience with Saban has made him better with the non recruiting stuff, it could be a home run hire.  Even if it didn't, I think they'll recruit well enough to be fine.  The problem is someone has to be 5th in the division, and it may be MSU and Maryland still battling not to be it.

mcwterps1

• All Star
  • Liked:
Re: 2019 Maryland Offseason Thread
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2018, 03:06:35 PM »
It's not the X's and O's....

Brooks is official.  #1 WR in the nation is visiting this weekend.

Locks' first stop was just to get into coaching.  I love how people look at the record at NM though.

He can explain it....

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=25456581

mcwterps1

• All Star
  • Liked:

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.