header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: SEC vs Big 12 bowl game edition

(Read 13821 times)

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
Re: SEC vs Big 12 bowl game edition
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2018, 09:11:25 AM »
Ah well... Hopefully OU proves me wrong and knocks out the tide.

I don't want anyone to knock out the Tide.

I have a master scheme in mind.  Let's put it this way - I want this Alabama run to come full circle, and end at the same place where it started.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2018, 09:27:10 AM »

I have a master scheme in mind.  Let's put it this way - I want this Alabama run to come full circle, and end at the same place where it started.
So how does it come full circle if not by beginning to lose crucial games that they’re predicted to win by 2 TDs?  I think that’d be a good start on their decline but of course I do have a(n) (under)dog in this fight.  

rolltidefan

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2018, 10:07:40 AM »
Saban is the Bill Beilichick of the college ranks.

They both win at high rates...... and both are incredibly unlikable humans.
why is saban unlikable? both are asses to the media, but that doesn't stop there for belichick. it does for saban. watch or read anything about his personal life or interactions with his players or basically anything except his pressers and you'll see he's a very personable guy. hell, that's why he's a master recruiter.

rolltidefan

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2018, 10:12:06 AM »

I have a master scheme in mind.  Let's put it this way - I want this Alabama run to come full circle, and end at the same place where it started.
beated texas in the rose bowl to win the title and sending the horns on a 10 year spiral? i'm down for that.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2018, 11:04:28 AM »
watch or read anything about his personal life or interactions with his players or basically anything except his pressers and you'll see he's a very personable guy. hell, that's why he's a master recruiter.

He doesn't have to recruit.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2018, 11:06:15 AM »
beated texas in the rose bowl to win the title and sending the horns on a 10 year spiral? i'm down for that.

You totally get the vibe I put out.  And spun it the wrong way of course.

Your ours next time.  We'll be back.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2018, 12:33:03 PM »
Horns-Tide smack, love it.  Let me get my popcorn ...

Cincydawg

• Oracle of Piedmont Park
  • Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2018, 03:49:52 PM »
As UGA is playing Texas, already, I'll provide a short summary of the Dawgs as I see them:

QB - Fromm is very accurate, has experience now, does a lot of play action on first down, and will audible.
RBs - Two very good ones, very similar to Chubb and Michel last season.
OL - Now that it is getting healthy, very solid, especially at center.
WRs - a good group, a lot of choices, Hardman is small but very elusive in space.

Overall, had one bad game at LSU and late against Bama, but usually scores 35-40.

DL - OK, they play a 3-4.  Teams have run on the Dawgs this year.
LB - Pretty good, they miss Smith from last year.
Secondary - strength of the defense, one first rounder on the outside.

Special teams - Hotrod is very good at PK, nearly every kickoff not returned and can hit from 55 yards insdoors, the punter is a freshman.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2018, 09:13:00 AM »
Here’s Texas

QB Ehlinger is better than he used to be but prone to injury

RB Ingraham is better (more talented) but Watson is better (on the field)

OL Same six played all year. Guaranteed to miss blocks and get penalties 

WR weakness of team, undersized, slow and unathletic

Overall our offensive goal is to score one point more than the opposition so often in the the 3rd and 4th quarters we call 3 and outs so the opposition can catch up

DL Charles Omenihu

LB Gary Johnson

Secondary mostly inexperienced but we do have an older player guaranteed to get a penalty on every play

Special teams we have a kicker named Dicker

Summary we’re not very good.  I don’t imagine we’ll win by more than 28-7.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2018, 09:30:34 AM »
Georgia leans towards their rushing game where as the Horns favor passing

This aspect should help the Horns as they do pretty good against the rush

Our QB likes to run and will do so until he gets hurt or scores which ever comes first

Although the Horns favor passing they can run the ball and will do so until stopped

They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

Cincydawg

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2018, 11:09:20 AM »
UGA's best player will be out prepping for the NFL (I don't blame him).  Cover corner on D.  Won some award.

Justin Fields is practicing with the team.  He's the backup FR QB who has talked about departing (which he probably should as Fromm is a soph and going nowhere soon).  

Starting RB (usually) is Evander Holyfield's son.  His nephew lives in our building (he's about 8).  Supposed Elijah (the RB) comes around at times.  He is a real load to tackle and has speed enough to get outside, much like Chubb last season).  

No clue about the team's psyche.

TexasFan

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2018, 11:23:21 AM »
Did any of you that follow Texas know that Garrett Gilbert is still playing in the NFL?    

https://sports.yahoo.com/panthers-running-healthy-qb-turn-kyle-allen-garrett-gilbert-173001393.html

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2018, 12:34:33 PM »
Did any of you that follow Texas know that Garrett Gilbert is still playing in the NFL?    

https://sports.yahoo.com/panthers-running-healthy-qb-turn-kyle-allen-garrett-gilbert-173001393.html
Garrett Gilbert who has possibly never started a game in the NFL has a job in the NFL while Vince Young who was 30-17 as a starter does not.  Not to mention Colin Kaepernick.
I don't want to get political and step on the toes of sensitive souls who imagine they're not snowflakes but that the opposition is, but...
maybe LeBron made a valid observation about NFL owners.
Or maybe life just isn't fair.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2018, 02:35:02 PM »
Garrett Gilbert who has possibly never started a game in the NFL has a job in the NFL while Vince Young who was 30-17 as a starter does not.  Not to mention Colin Kaepernick.
I don't want to get political and step on the toes of sensitive souls who imagine they're not snowflakes but that the opposition is, but...
maybe LeBron made a valid observation about NFL owners.
Or maybe life just isn't fair.
as for Kapernick there are too many black QBs for race to be the cause
might be that owners dont want players who piss off the fans
Vince had the misfortune of having an asshole for a HC
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.