header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Happy Trails Thread

(Read 3161 times)

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: Happy Trails Thread
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2018, 02:12:05 PM »
Dremont Jones hasn't definitely said but it appears he is going pro and skipping the Rose Bowl
that's a huge blow to OSU's DL. Have to wonder what Haskins does. He's a RS Soph so he's eligible to leave. If I was advising him I'd say go. He is by far the best QB prospect this draft. It ain't close. Imagine the Giants picking him up to pair him with Barkley & OBJ. Wowzers.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2018, 07:52:49 PM »
LJ Scott reconsiders and decides not to return for his 5th year.

He's going to try to play in the bowl game, which would be his 5th game, and would make him ineligible next year.

Anonymous Coward

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2018, 08:46:51 PM »
I just hope Bush, Long, Hudson, and Hill stay. They can still have a really good defense next year if those guys come back.
The 2016 defense was probably even better than the 2018 defense, and they lost 10/11 official starters (and maybe all? or all but one? or two? went to the NFL) before 2017 and that was STILL a Top 5 defense nationally despite being chained to the 2017 offense.
Michigan won't have a meh defense until Don Brown and/or Mattison retire. Then again, if Zordich is poached, I do worry an effect similar to OSU after losing Coombs could happen.

Anonymous Coward

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2018, 08:51:25 PM »
As for your 4 players, I could see them all going. Bush is slated for the Top 10. He's gone no matter what. Hudson is solid but also the least valuable to the NFL of these 4. Long and Hill? Woof would it suck to lose both, but we can assemble a great top 2 (maybe a great top 3) CBs without them and then sacrifice some cattle for no injuries. I'd say one of them coming back is the most important realistic outcome for Michigan. 

Anonymous Coward

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2018, 08:55:23 PM »
Have to wonder what Haskins does. He's a RS Soph so he's eligible to leave. If I was advising him I'd say go. He is by far the best QB prospect this draft. It ain't close. Imagine the Giants picking him up to pair him with Barkley & OBJ. Wowzers.
Maybe I've never said a college QB could be the next Tom Brady. But Haskins is that impressive. Sucks. I enjoyed the streak of never having to see a rival QB do something good in the NFL and then MSU and now OSU are ending their streaks
in a real big way.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2018, 11:02:53 PM »
LJ Scott reconsiders and decides not to return for his 5th year.

He's going to try to play in the bowl game, which would be his 5th game, and would make him ineligible next year.
Never made any sense for him to come back for his 4th yr.
A 5th year would make even less sense. 
He should’ve went after his junior year. Would’ve been a sure fire NFL draft pick. Now? Probably a draft pick but not sure it’s as much a slam dunk as it was after his jr year.

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2018, 11:31:22 PM »
Probably thought he could cement his draft stock unfortunately MSU lost some talent to off the field activities.And seemingly the other half of the team got hurt.Got get while the gettin's good
Suburbia:Where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2018, 12:29:33 AM »
Probably thought he could cement his draft stock unfortunately MSU lost some talent to off the field activities.And seemingly the other half of the team got hurt.Got get while the gettin's good
You thinking of two years ago?  It was just injuries and underperformance this year.  Karma for insanely good injury luck in 2017 I guess.  Felt a lot like 2012.  And 2013 followed that year.  Not predicting a year like 2013, simply that things unravel a lot quicker at a non helmet when you get a bad injury year.  MSU has hit on a lot of 2* and 3* kids, but while OSU and UMs bench are loaded with 4* and 5* kids who either aren't quite that, or are simply young, MSU has the kids whose 2* rating and MAC offer lists we're in fact accurate.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2018, 09:33:31 AM »
not surprising. kid played like he had one foot out the door all year. his effort was terrible. I wouldn't touch him with a 1st round pick. Athletic marvel, but lazy. Doesn't bring it every snap like Bosa or Winovich.

If the kid had Winovich's heart and motor he'd have been an all-time great.
Todd McShay put his first mock out today and has him going #2 overall, behind Bosa.

MaximumSam

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2018, 04:10:29 PM »
Dremont Jones is leaving, but will apparently play in the Rose Bowl

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2018, 06:31:22 PM »
MSU CB Justin Layne makes it official.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2018, 10:43:07 PM »
Mike Weber declares for the draft.

But more interesting is that Dwayne Haskins replied to his IG post, asking him to come back with him for one more year?

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2019, 12:49:55 PM »
RB Miles Sanders and OG Connor McGovern both leaving PSU early

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2019, 02:58:51 PM »
Haskins declares

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.