header pic

College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!! The Best FREE College Football Forum on the Internet!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Kansas vs Texas

(Read 559 times)

TexasFan

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Kansas vs Texas
« on: November 18, 2018, 06:02:24 PM »
Win and we go to the BIG 12 championship game.     And from what I can tell from these way to early bowl projections, it looks like we would play WV and we win.     

https://sports.yahoo.com/bowl-projections-playoff-apos-six-074303828.html

FearlessF

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
Re: Kansas vs Texas
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 06:09:34 PM »
where's KSBears?
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 06:14:18 PM »
Dooomed

longhorn320

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 08:03:52 PM »
I watched Kansas for the first time this week against OU

They are a much better team then I thought they would be

I am concerned especially cause our QB is hurt
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 09:08:04 PM »
This guy is fun to watch:

https://youtu.be/xgaucffbx9U

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 11:44:43 PM »
Yup.  It's gonna hurt especially hard when we lose to Kansas after all this looking ahead to the B12 CCG.

It's what Skicat might call the KITN.

TexasFan

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2018, 07:35:55 AM »
We will beat Kansas.   Have faith.

Mr Tulip

• Learn to love or leave me. Either one you wanna do.
  • Red Shirt
  • Non Serviam
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2018, 10:37:28 AM »
KU has been not-quite-good-enough this season, but they haven't been bad. I'm glad they bowed up against OU. They should have Texas' full attention.

Texas goes on the road to face a team with a tough running game playing for a fired coach on Senior Day. Fortunately, the Longhorns have a berth in the Big 12 CCG on the line. The last time Texas waited for the confetti to fall on a season accomplishment after playing in Lawrence, the result was the Jayhawks' only conference win, and a pink slip for Charlie Strong.

This isn't a gimmie game. Texas is the better team, but has to execute. I don't think focusness will be a problem, though.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2018, 11:43:33 AM »
DOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

MikeDeTiger

• Global Moderator
  • Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2018, 11:50:57 AM »
Les Miles took the Kansas job.  Dear God, I am going to have to watch some Kansas games   :smiley_confused1:

BrownCounty

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2018, 12:01:46 PM »

WVU beats OU.

KU beats UT.

OU/WVU play each other twice in a row.  Big 12 laughing stock.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2018, 12:14:16 PM »
WVU beats OU.

KU beats UT.

OU/WVU play each other twice in a row.  Big 12 laughing stock.
Yup.  Gonna be a crazy couple weeks in B12 land.

FearlessF

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2018, 12:22:24 PM »
Les Miles took the Kansas job.  Dear God, I am going to have to watch some Kansas games   :smiley_confused1:
don't do it
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2018, 02:08:42 PM »
Win or lose, I bet we hold the Jayhawks to less than40 points.

longhorn320

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2018, 02:43:41 PM »
Win or lose, I bet we hold the Jayhawks to less than40 points.
I wish you hadnt said that
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

FearlessF

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2018, 02:50:05 PM »
Texas mascot Bevo won't be on the sideline for the game against Kansas because the Jayhawks prohibit live mascots on the field.

not sure why this would be a headline on ESPN.com

standing policy for many schools

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2018, 02:53:21 PM »
I wish you hadnt said that
So it's okay for you to jinx the Horns but you don't like me jinking the Horns.  That's mighty shellfish of you.

FearlessF

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2018, 03:00:00 PM »
smells fishy

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2018, 03:08:12 PM »
Texas mascot Bevo won't be on the sideline for the game against Kansas because the Jayhawks prohibit live mascots on the field.

not sure why this would be a headline on ESPN.com

standing policy for many schools
It's Bevo, Bevo is awesome, and therefore front page news.
You're just jealous that ol' Inbred Jed isn't making headlines.

longhorn320

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2018, 04:24:11 PM »
So it's okay for you to jinx the Horns but you don't like me jinking the Horns.  That's mighty shellfish of you.
everyone knows your jinx is much more powerful then my jinx  sheeeeesh

BrownCounty

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2018, 04:49:47 PM »
the Jayhawks prohibit live mascots on the field.

That is sooo "basketball".

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2018, 07:20:50 PM »
Pooka boo!

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2018, 05:01:55 PM »
And NOW it's a truly Happy Thanksgiving.  Before the Maryland loss I was thinking 8-4 would be a really solid season for Texas.  After the Maryland loss I was thinking 5-7 was inevitable.

I can't express how delightful and gratifying it is to have a team, and coaches, that don't appear completely overwhelmed at the slightest hint of adversity.  This team is gritty, they're fighters, and even when they're losing they're still 100% engaged and committed. 

Gigem

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2018, 12:09:29 AM »
Well I guess the CCG is a match made in heaven for the B12.  OU v Tx for the title.  

They should have split OU/Tex when the conference was first formed, it would have probably been better than what happened with the N/S split after the first few years.  

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2018, 06:53:51 PM »
Well I guess the CCG is a match made in heaven for the B12.  OU v Tx for the title.  

They should have split OU/Tex when the conference was first formed, it would have probably been better than what happened with the N/S split after the first few years.  
Only way splitting OU and Texas woulda worked is if they'd been assigned as permanent x-division rivals, like Alabama and Tennessee are in the SEC.
Which is what they should have done with NU and OU, by the way.

Gigem

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2018, 06:58:02 PM »
It's easy to say all this with hindsight but remember when the XII was formed NU had just won 2 in a row MNC's and KSU was winning 11 games a season.  A&M was coming off a strong 80's and 90's run and OU was in the dump.  Still, after ten or so years it should have been apparent that the divisions needed mixing up a little even if it didn't make geographic sense.  

I think the Big 10 tried that ("Legends and Leaders" ) but I would have put OU and Tex in different divisions and then assigned permanent conference opponents as necessary.  

FearlessF

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2018, 07:04:13 PM »
conference championship games just screw things up

and conferences with more members that can play each other in season are screwed up

big men with leadership responsibilities in these conferences easily are swayed by $$$

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2018, 08:55:40 PM »
Well I guess the CCG is a match made in heaven for the B12.  OU v Tx for the title.  

In 1994 and 1995 when they were gearing up for the 1996 inaugural Big 12 season, OU and Texas were not top 10 teams and hand not been so in 4 or 5 years.  Nebraska was the Big Dog, A&M ruled the SWC.  Colorado was no slouch.  Why design a conference around a couple of mediocre teams?  Especially when people like to imagine the here and now are the things to come rather than little dips or blips in the greater context.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2018, 09:32:40 PM »

11 conference championships later for OU, I think this all worked out pretty well.  Next week the OU-Texas game is an official version of what happened with the RRS between about 2000-2009.  Then the North went away and things centered on Oklahoma and Texas teams, although not including Texas.  Now Texas is back and so the RRS climbs back up into relevance again.  So be it, and it’s time to school those arrogant bovine bastages again.  Proper order has returned.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 11:09:50 PM by CousinFreddie »

TexasFan

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2018, 09:26:47 AM »

Amazon:
Support the Site:
Please Search Amazon from here!