College Football Fan Site Area 51 @CFB51; dead nuts accurate

One community smart about college football

Civil discussion, topics, and reading of both original and aggregated news.

Author Topic: Classic Trump...  (Read 107 times)

Online fuzzynavol

• seeker of passage
  • All Star
  • Liked:
Classic Trump...
« on: November 08, 2018, 04:46:42 PM »
White House press secretary Sarah Sanders on Wednesday night shared a video of CNN reporter Jim Acosta that appeared to have been altered to make his actions at a news conference look more aggressive toward a White House intern.

Critics said that video — which sped up the movement of Acosta’s arms in a way that dramatically changed the journalist’s response — was deceptively edited to score political points. That edited video was first shared by Paul Joseph Watson, known for his conspiracy-theory videos on the far-right website Infowars.

Side-by-sidecomparisons support claims from fact-checkers and experts such as Jonathan Albright, research director of the Tow Center for Digital Journalism at Columbia University, who argued that crucial parts of the video appear to have been altered so as to distort the action.
A frame-by-frame breakdown by Storyful, a social-media intelligence firm that verifies media content, found that the edited video included repeated frames that did not appear in the original footage. The repeated frames were shown only at the moment of contact and made Acosta’s arm movement look more exaggerated, said Shane Raymond, a journalist at Storyful.
Sanders’s tweet of the edited video, in which she said the White House would “not tolerate the inappropriate behavior clearly documented in this video,” has at least 20,000 retweets and more than 2 million views. Watson’s video, posted two hours before, has been seen at least 740,000 times.
Matt Dornic, a CNN communications executive, tweeted that Sanders’s sharing of the video was “absolutely shameful." “You released a doctored video - actual fake news. History will not be kind to you,” he wrote.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/white-house-shares-doctored-video-to-support-punishment-of-journalist-jim-acosta/ar-BBPuaAo?li=BBnb7Kz

Online Hoojang

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
Re: Classic Trump...
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 05:25:09 PM »
Sanders says the only doctoring was a closeup of acostas' arm making contact with the young female aid trying to get the mic. Bottom line he knew the protocol and refused to adhere to it. His loss our gain...

I saw the exchange live. He deserved to have his press pass pulled many moons ago, this was just the straw the broke his back LOL...

Online HK_Vol

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 05:27:27 PM »
Maybe CNN will put in a decent, professional reporter going forward.

Online gymvol

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 05:29:18 PM »

Classic Fuzz doing his best impression of a manure spreader.

I saw it live CNN is lying he shoved her arm back not once but twice.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 05:31:09 PM by gymvol »

Online fuzzynavol

• seeker of passage
  • All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 05:38:10 PM »
Classic Fuzz doing his best impression of a manure spreader.

I saw it live CNN is lying he shoved her arm back not once but twice.
Why do you think they felt the need to speed the "shove" up in the editing process if the actual act was as egregious as you claim?  
And do you think that was a dishonest thing to do? 

Online DunkingDan

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 05:41:22 PM »
President Harry S. Truman said: “The fundamental basis of this nation’s laws was given to Moses on the Mount.  The fundamental basis of our Bill of Rights comes from the teachings…  If we don't have the proper fundamental moral background, we will finally wind up with a totalitarian government which does not believe in rights for anybody except the state.”

Online gymvol

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 05:46:43 PM »
Why do you think they felt the need to speed the "shove" up in the editing process if the actual act was as egregious as you claim?  
And do you think that was a dishonest thing to do?

I don't know why maybe it was because Trump couldn't get Acosta to shut up and it went on for a few minutes.

It isn't something I claim it's something I witnessed big difference so you can either accept what I said or go pound sand I really don't care

Online steve37777

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 07:30:35 PM »
Acosta's goal is to piss on the president.................period!

Online VolRage

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 08:44:28 PM »
Well, now Acosta is a hero to the lunatics that watch CNN and MSNBC because he stood up to that mean ole President Trump. He’ll probably get his own commentary show and why not. He lies about as good as any of the lunatics on the Left.

Online ATexasVol

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2018, 09:06:18 PM »
Fuzz, I see you've become so warped by your partisan hatred for the President that you've become a conspiracy theorist now.  Since nothing's come of RussiaGate and ObstructionOfJusticeGate, VideoGate must be next on the list.  I hear Spartacus and Maxine Waters are calling for a full FBI investigation.  

:57:

Online highVOLtage

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 10:53:21 PM »
It is unconscionable how Acosta assaulted that poor girl.

Online fuzzynavol

• seeker of passage
  • All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2018, 11:47:06 PM »
Fuzz, I see you've become so warped by your partisan hatred for the President that you've become a conspiracy theorist now.  
I like Trump.  
And the difference between my "conspiracy theories" and yours is that I bring video proof that they're legit.  You didn't click the link, did you?  

Online DunkingDan

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 08:49:09 AM »
I like Trump.  
And the difference between my "conspiracy theories" and yours is that I bring video proof that they're legit.  You didn't click the link, did you?  

President Harry S. Truman said: “The fundamental basis of this nation’s laws was given to Moses on the Mount.  The fundamental basis of our Bill of Rights comes from the teachings…  If we don't have the proper fundamental moral background, we will finally wind up with a totalitarian government which does not believe in rights for anybody except the state.”

Online ATexasVol

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2018, 08:50:57 AM »
I like Trump.  

Yeah, I clicked the link but I didn't waste more than 15 seconds of my life watching that drivel.   It reminded me of the nuts that posted video "proof" that 9/11 was a conspiracy.   

Since you like video proof, here's some classic Obama for you. 

Support the Site:
Please Search Amazon from here! No cost to you yet covers some of our expenses!