header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Texas Tech vs Texas

(Read 9806 times)

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
Re: Texas Tech vs Texas
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2018, 09:28:08 AM »
Journalists don't really think about what they write anymore, or say, apparently. 

Did you see when the reporter was talking to Ehlinger and asked about which of his family would be the most proud of him?  Very insensitive question considering his father has passed, and it's basically like asking someone "how do you think other people feel about YOU?"  and is a dumb question to begin with.  He handled it well but it felt very uncomfortable watching that question being asked.  

Anyhow, always good to get a win in Lubbock, mistake-free or not. 

Mr Tulip

• Learn to love or leave me. Either one you wanna do.
  • Player
  • Non Serviam
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2018, 11:47:35 AM »
C'mon. WVU@oSu is a big game for Texas, simply because it moots the outcome of the OU/WVU game.

Assuming Texas wins out (neither game guaranteed), if WVU were to fall to the PokeBoys, they would have 2 conference losses. OU would (almost assuredly) still have the 1. If WVU won the WVU/OU game, then OU would have 2 losses, fall to Texas on head to head, and make Texas #2. If OU wins, WVU has 3 conference losses, and Texas is #2 outright.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2018, 05:26:18 PM »
No.  You, come'on, Doppelganger.  It sounds like you're reiterating every point I made to what... contradict me?

For Texas to make it to the CCG...
1. Texas must win out, and
2. wvu must 
a. win out to claim #1, pushing OU into a tie for #2 where Texas owns the tie breaker, or 
b. lose all remaining games, falling to #3 or 
c. win just one of their final two games - provided it's the one against OU, thus creating a three way tie for #1

If, however, wvu wins just one of their final two games and it's the one against oSu, then OU would be #1, while Texas and wvu would be tied for second with wvu holding the tie breaker.  Thus, OU and wvu would play in the CCG and Texas would essentially be #3.

Texas may still be left out if OU, wvu and Texas all tie for #1 but since it's last loss would be earlier, I hope not.

So wvu at oSu is a big game and that's why I listed it as such, but oSu beating wvu is not as essential to Texas getting to the CCG as wvu winning out, losing out or losing to oSu but beating OU.

Mr Tulip

• Learn to love or leave me. Either one you wanna do.
  • Player
  • Non Serviam
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2018, 09:35:47 AM »
I'm pretty sure we just said the same thing. I did it in 2 statements because I only focused on the part where WVU loses to the Cowboys.

Yours is a beautifully detailed, bullet pointed, outline style description of the whole shebang.

Durned accountants!

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2018, 11:00:30 AM »
I just love people who agree with me.  Especially you, Doppelgänger.  You’re a gentleman and a scholar.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2018, 08:39:16 AM »
Y'all are making it too hard.

1) Beat ISU

The End

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2018, 04:57:09 PM »
I thought Texas had a chance to win until I saw this thread. Now I know we’re doomed.

Everytime some yahoo starts a Texas game thread in this forum before a Texas game, Texas loses.  For six straight weeks, Texas fans on this board were cognizant of that fact and resisted the temptation.

Now you guys are screwing Texas every week like you just don’t care.  If you keep it up, we’ll be lucky to finish 6-7.
Oh, and for some reason I just recalled this post from a few days ago.
Huh.  Well now how do you like that?  

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2018, 05:25:03 PM »
The ECFGs have turned their attention to others - like the Chicago Bear's kicker.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2018, 05:48:31 PM »
Y'all are making it too hard.

1) Beat ISU

The End
the early line is UT by 3
this clone team is pretty good so I hope we show up
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2018, 08:02:28 PM »
Beware of the Clones

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.