header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Texas Tech vs Texas

(Read 9763 times)

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: Texas Tech vs Texas
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2018, 09:05:25 AM »
After two in a row not going our way, it was good to finally win another one of these crazy shootout battles.

TexasFan

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2018, 09:20:15 AM »
Texas Tech is not very good.    And Texas, were not much better.     If not for Sam Ehlinger we would have another couple of losses.   

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2018, 09:31:47 AM »

After a full season and 10 games, I gave Charlie about a 1 on a 10 scale.

I give Herman a 3.

I'm not feeling it long term.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2018, 09:49:00 AM »
Texas Tech is not very good.    And Texas, were not much better.     If not for Sam Ehlinger we would have another couple of losses.    
Don't forget LJH.  What a beast.  Heard did a good job but we were definitely missing Collin Johnson on the other side.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2018, 10:44:49 AM »
I don’t think we’re at a place where we can be choosy about wins. Our program is still taking baby steps.

Would I like Texas to have the depth, talent and coaching to curbstomp all competition?  Sure.

But I take joy in the little things.  Narrow wins, 7-3, the three being close.

It’s not like all of Texas’ talent is going to leave next year and it’s now or never.   We’re on an upward trajectory and I’m pleased.

In fact this year is a joy because I have no expectations and Texas is exceeding them.  Wins over USC, TCU, K State in Manhattan, OU, Tech in Lubbock.  

Who the hell do we think we are to take such things for granted? Such things never came easy for Charlie Strong or Mack Brown.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2018, 10:55:35 AM »
Assuming (and that’s a big assumption) that OU and Texas can beat Kansas, the race to the CCG hinges on 3 games now.

1. Iowa St at Texas - the Horn must win. Otherwise they’ll fall to 4th in the conference.

2. WVU at OSU - this one doesn’t really matter to the Horns b/c wvu holds the tiebreaker.  

3. OU at wvu.  We need WVU to beat OU because Texas owns the tiebreaker.  Course if wvu loses to OSU and Ou the Horns are in any way.

I guess basically wvu either has to lose out or win out or split their remaining games with a win over Ou for a Texas that wins out to get to the CCG.  Right?

Sounds plausible.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2018, 11:25:52 AM »
Assuming (and that’s a big assumption) that OU and Texas can beat Kansas, the race to the CCG hinges on 3 games now.

1. Iowa St at Texas - the Horn must win. Otherwise they’ll fall to 4th in the conference.

2. WVU at OSU - this one doesn’t really matter to the Horns b/c wvu holds the tiebreaker.  

3. OU at wvu.  We need WVU to beat OU because Texas owns the tiebreaker.  Course if wvu loses to OSU and Ou the Horns are in any way.

I guess basically wvu either has to lose out or win out or split their remaining games with a win over Ou for a Texas that wins out to get to the CCG.  Right?

Sounds plausible.

It's awesome just being in the mix at the end of the season.
Step 1, we gotta beat the birds-in-a-blender.  They whipped both OkState and WVU, so they can certainly whip us, too.  But Texas can win, too.  I predict that ISU scores a TD on their opening drive, and that Texas blows a big lead in the 4th quarter.  Who wins?  Tune in and see, I guess. :)

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2018, 01:09:18 PM »
ISU is a good team.  That's gonna be a tough one for you.

WVU is too.  That's gonna be a tough one for us.  Right now, it looks like they're the best team in the XII.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2018, 01:22:41 PM »
Actually ISU has a reasonable chance of making the CCG.  They own the tiebreaker with WVU and only have two losses like Texas.  If they get past the Horns and WVU loses to either OU or OSU, and both are entirely possible, then they just have to beat KSU (not a total gimme but ISU is the much better team this year) and they're in the championship game.  Who'd a thunk it?

It's just too bad they lost to Iowa at the beginning of the year, as that along with their severe lack of helmet would keep them out of the playoffs, no matter what happens.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 01:24:13 PM by CousinFreddie »

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2018, 01:25:16 PM »
Yup.  Their chances of making the CCG are every bit as good as ours. Possibly better than ours.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2018, 02:17:43 PM »
ISU is a good team.  That's gonna be a tough one for you.
Matt Campbell is going to school Herman.

Gigem

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2018, 12:53:52 AM »
Reading about the Texas/Tech game in the Houston Chronicle and ran across this little gem:

Texas allowed 500-plus yards - a season-worst 595, in fact - for the third straight week and fourth time in five games. But it played mistake-free football and exploited the fact that Tech didn’t.

Uhhhh, you don't play "mistake free football" and allow 600 yards of offense. What the hell are they teaching in journalism school these days?  More fake news I see.  Sheesh.  

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2018, 08:58:12 AM »
Reading about the Texas/Tech game in the Houston Chronicle and ran across this little gem:

Uhhhh, you don't play "mistake free football" and allow 600 yards of offense. What the hell are they teaching in journalism school these days?  More fake news I see.  Sheesh.  
aggie finally wins a game and becomes a football expert
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

Gigem

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2018, 09:05:29 AM »
If you can’t laugh at that as a fan of any school I don’t know what else to say. Anytime your team escapes Lubbock with a win it’s a good thing, I’m not taking anything away from that. I just wouldn’t characterize 600 yards of offense as mistake free. 

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.