amazon
header pic

College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!! The Best FREE College Football Forum on the Internet!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: amazon

(Read 237 times)

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • All Star
  • Liked:
amazon
« on: November 07, 2018, 08:39:59 AM »
hey fellers- just a note, here, and request if you would... 

the amazon advert to your right (unless you're running an ad blocker, which i purposely built allowing it to be easily blocked) is of great use to the site here.  when you buy something through amazon it doesn't impact your cost whatsoever, but amazon kicks a finders fee back to the site for sending you there (albeit small- <1% total purchase price, but it adds up).  

i ain't asking anyone for a dime to keep this thing running.  that ain't gonna happen even if i have to eat the entire cost.  however, if you find yourselves shopping on amazon for anything this season, i'd greatly appreciate you using the search function in that block to the right of your screen to do so- it offsets the cost here and helps a lot.  

the only other ads on the site are the google adsense banners, and you can use them if you want it's up to you... they pitch in like 25 cents a day or so, which also adds to the support but aren't obtrusive (i hope).  I hate intrusive and won't EVER do that on a page i control.  

many thanks, gents.  carry on! 

Hoojang

• Player
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: amazon
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 08:55:39 AM »
I recently went Prime and try to link to them through here more times than not. I’ll try and link through here more. ‘‘Tis the shopping season.....

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 08:58:45 AM »
thank you, sir, @Hoojang !!!  every penny drops into the 'keep this joint rollin' fund.  
:1rij:

P1tchBlack

• Captain Obvious?
  • All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 02:02:24 PM »
I foresee a significant amount of amazon/holiday shopping and will use your link.

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 02:11:47 PM »
many thanks, Sir, @P1tchBlack ... 

funny subject, but.... I am a solid believer through observation that 'thoughtful' women shoppers wander through department stores or malls and see something that makes them think of someone else, and then purchase it as a gift for that person.... they wander around until something 'speaks' to them.... whereas men, being wired differently (never mind they're also plumbed differently) are opposite- they go to stores with blinders on and zero peripheral vision, seeking only what they went in for.... 

this is where 'ladies thoughtfulness' in gifting and 'mens practicality' originates.... and while men's approach (by and large) is far more thoughtful AND practical... 

I do a LOT of Amazon shopping, but i can't tap my own link or they'll cut me (the site) off.  So.... many thanks for your consideration. 

P1tchBlack

• Captain Obvious?
  • All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 02:30:59 PM »
Men like to buy; women like to shop.  I don't "shop" with my wife since I realized this truth.  

The last time we went shopping together (at least for clothes) she was looking for a specific color shirt.  So, we go into the mall, into the first women's clothing store and about two racks in, she finds a shirt that she likes, in the color she wants.  I say "Well, that was easy".  She says "Hold on...." and then proceeds to look through every shirt rack in the store just in case there's another shirt she likes BETTER.  This continued through at least 3 more stores...after she found a shirt she liked within the first 5 minutes.

A guy who's looking for a specific color shirt, buys the first one he sees/ likes and then spends the next hour at the bar watching football.

ATexasVol

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 11:10:52 PM »
Drew, I see 2 amazon ads (an Aggies long sleeve tee and a Notre Dame cap) but I don't see a search box.  I've whitelisted your site on my adblocker, and I'm using Chrome version 70.0.3538.77.   

Any ideas?

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 11:21:04 PM »
It's fed by Amazon so I don't have a lot of control over it except for placement. I wager it'll show up at some point. 

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 11:21:27 PM »
Oh, and thank you, sir. 

ATexasVol

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2018, 11:42:53 PM »
I clicked on one of the ads then used the regular amazon search bar when I got to their site.   I hope you got credit for my purchases.   I'd rather have root canal than drive to a store and go shopping, and the malls around here are nothing but a hangout for thugs, so I buy a ton of stuff off amazon.   

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2018, 10:41:37 AM »
Thank you much, Sir.  I really appreciate it!!!

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2018, 09:46:20 AM »
just a reminder and a request that if you're buying gifts through Amazon anyway, to please use the search function to your right to get there (or even just use one of the ads as a link).... between amazon and google ads, which i try to keep neat and out of the way, November is on track to be the first month the site pays for it's monthly costs!!! that would be sweet.... and it's thanks to y'all.  so... thanks!!!

TREX

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2018, 07:13:39 PM »
Did my last 3 orders here.

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2018, 07:44:44 PM »
Thank you, Sir.  The lights will stay on that much longer. 

Nate924

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2018, 08:32:16 AM »
Thank you, Sir.  The lights will stay on that much longer.
You will need to buy more lights through Amazon. Actually just saw this. I will participate. 

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2018, 08:43:08 AM »
The search function on this site is really good. I bought my entire Christmas list and new house stuff through that in the past 3 months.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

Amazon:
Support the Site:
Please Search Amazon from here!