header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Texas vs WV

(Read 6871 times)

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
Re: Texas vs WV
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2018, 05:58:30 PM »
I bought a Giants sweatshirt to help overcome freezing to death at Candlestick one summer night watching a Cardinals-Giants game.  That did nothing to diminish the "hate" I have for the Gs, and eventually that sweatshirt made a very fine cleaning rag.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2018, 06:32:34 PM »
IIRC LBM’s folks came to Oklahoma from Boston.  It was an atypically dull chapter in an otherwise colorful book which is probably why it stands out for memory. Sure would love to hear it again.

Kris60

• All Star
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2018, 08:33:23 PM »
I'm banking that Texas is a young team with talent.  Top 20 on talent and not even Top 50 on maturity.

So what does this mean?  It means they aren't yet conditioned to show up for every game.  The #6 ranking tickled their young hearts.  They had arrived.

Except no they haven't.  The #6 young lads from Texas cruised into Stillwater to pick up it's 7th consecutive win.  But pop went the weasel.  The game was decided in the 1st quarter.  How dare Ok State.  Despite coming close, Texas couldn't salvage their letdown.  Perhaps it was for the best.

But alas, Texas knew it was their own damn fault.  They fought like mad hooligans as the final seconds ran off the clock.  Coach and players alike.  They cried like babies in the locker room.  They had done it to themselves.

Nothing can be done about it now, except to ruthlessly and sadistically gut West Virginia.  I wouldn't want to be West Virginia at DKR tomorrow.

WVU 57-Q.  Not sure Texas can register a number on the scoreboard.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2018, 10:33:07 PM »
ecfgs are watching.... they're always watching...

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2018, 11:00:30 PM »
I heard or read somewhere that our two starting CBs did not start last week for disciplinary reasons

if so this might help explain our week effort on pass defense early in the game

anyway we are near full strength for WV
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

Kris60

• All Star
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2018, 07:47:57 PM »
Hell of a game.  I’m emotionally exhausted.  

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2018, 08:42:52 PM »
Yep. congratulations, Kris. It was a helluva game. It’s never fun to lose but that game was exciting.  Maybe we can do it again in the CCG.

Kris60

• All Star
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2018, 10:26:56 PM »
I gotta tell ya, I didn’t understand Herman kicking the FG on 4th and 1 to make it 34-27.  Texas was pretty much moving the ball at will on WVU at that point.  As soon as he did it I texted my buddies and said Herman just did us a big favor.  I bet he’d like a do over on that call.

Oh well.  Great game.  Good luck the rest of the season, fellas.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2018, 12:37:35 AM »
Kudos to your guys Kris.  That was a great call to go for two (and to have to do it twice, no less!)

I don’t relish OU having to play the ‘Eers in Morgantown, but if both our teams keep winning it would be a great way to end the regular season.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 12:39:13 AM by CousinFreddie »

TexasFan

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2018, 01:46:32 PM »
What an exciting game.   I wish the outcome had been different.    We should win out and finish 9-3.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2018, 04:22:01 PM »

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.