header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: OT Tourney (1st Round) - #4 PurpleRain vs. #5 Appetite for Destruction

(Read 3875 times)

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:

50s & 60s
#1 The Beatles (White Album)
#7 Led Zeppelin
70s
#2 Exile on Main Street
80s
#3 London Calling
90s to today
#5 (What's the Story) Morning Glory

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
I think with music it's hard sometimes to separate personal taste from recognition of talent, but Prince is probably the best example for me where I totally get it, but it just isn't for me.

And Appetite for Destruction is probably my favorite 80s album

MarqHusker

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
These are both marvelous albums, I purchased both of them relatively early upon release, the Purple Rain buy was a 33 (vinyl).  I actually think I also bought a cassette version of Purple Rain, before buying the CD some years later.  The record was either lost, worked over, or otherwise out of commission.

We wore out Appetite while playing Nintendo.  One slightly older friend was into metal big time, so he was all over Guns N Roses.   I recall "Mr. Brownstone" being my favorite track the first few times hearing the album.   I kind of got off of it though once And Justice for All came out the summer of '88.   
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 04:13:58 PM by MarqHusker »

betarhoalphadelta

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
I thought it was best rock(ish) album... So have to go GnR. 

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:

And Appetite for Destruction is probably my favorite 80s album
Let me get this straight,The Doors blow but these guys are good?Um,no Our "Appetites" in music are not parallel.These jamoks were over rated how many covers did that screamin'ebola chimp Axel do?He always sounded like he was gargling on razor blades and salt water - IMHO.Ever see him move he was imitating Davy Jones of the Monkies,singing Day Dream Believer.Not a great Prince fan either so I'll not vote,though Prince knew how to move,play guitar
Suburbia:Where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.