TCU vs Texas
header pic

College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!! The Best FREE College Football Forum on the Internet!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: TCU vs Texas

(Read 1712 times)

TexasFan

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
TCU vs Texas
« on: September 20, 2018, 03:12:29 PM »

longhorn320

• Player
  • Liked:
Re: TCU vs Texas
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 04:22:32 PM »
Not many fans I know would take Texas and 3 points

For UT to win they will have to hold TCU to under 30 and I dont think thats gonna happen

But of course one can always hope
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 04:47:41 PM »
Wish TF hadn’t started a game thread.

Texas is 1-1 with game threads and 1-0 without.

You have to ask yourself, how are the ECFGs going to interpret this hubris.  I think the smart plan would’ve been to let them imagine our spirit is still completely broken.

TexasFan

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 05:27:28 PM »
We will win.  Have faith.  ;)

Mr Tulip

• Learn to love or leave me. Either one you wanna do.
  • Red Shirt
  • Non Serviam
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 05:41:14 PM »
To paraphrase Napoleon, God is on the side of those with the better edge defenders.

TCU puts fast guys all over the offense. Texas needs the 1st half to end quickly so BJ Foster can rejoin the festivities. Basically, sound assignments and sideline to sideline defense. Rookie mistakes will show up in the endzone.

The Frog defense is complicated, but the Horn offense isn't. We don't care where TCU puts their guys, because the objective is to shove whoever is  there out of the way. Save the tricky stuff for a less well disciplined defense and just see who's stronger.

TCU has the edge, and they deserve it. I just feel that, for the first time in a long time, the team, the coaches, and the fans are all on the same page.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 11:05:46 PM »
We're doomed.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 10:25:40 AM »
We are so doomed.

But you know...

After all I've endured as a Texas fan, I just consider it a moral victory when we keep the opposition under 60.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 10:42:47 AM »
Yup, that's a win in my book

BrownCounty

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2018, 11:12:15 AM »
Vegas has TCU as a 3 pt favorite.   Basically calling it about even.

I enjoy our helmet value.  But I can't bring myself to bet against us.  So I'll just take the loss.

BrownCounty

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2018, 12:18:08 PM »

Forget what I said before.

Texas 31
TCU 21

Why do I continually do this to myself.

longhorn320

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2018, 12:26:40 PM »
TCU 49

UT   13
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

MikeDeTiger

• Global Moderator
  • Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2018, 12:45:39 PM »

You have to ask yourself, how are the ECFGs going to interpret this hubris.  I think the smart plan would’ve been to let them imagine our spirit is still completely broken.
ECFGs who don't already know what you're really thinking are ECFGs hardly worth fearing.  

You're either pre-screwed/blessed, or else they're really impotent and don't deserve our respect.  When it comes to the ECFGs, fatalism is the only sane option.  

FearlessF

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2018, 02:54:41 PM »
Forget what I said before.

Texas 31
TCU 21

Why do I continually do this to myself.
now that's a derned good question
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

Mr Tulip

• Learn to love or leave me. Either one you wanna do.
  • Red Shirt
  • Non Serviam
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2018, 04:50:13 PM »
ECFGs who don't already know what you're really thinking are ECFGs hardly worth fearing.  

You're either pre-screwed/blessed, or else they're really impotent and don't deserve our respect.  When it comes to the ECFGs, fatalism is the only sane option.  
So you're the John Calvin of college football religion?

MikeDeTiger

• Global Moderator
  • Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2018, 05:43:03 PM »
Always saw myself as more of a Martin Luther, but sure, why not.  

FearlessF

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2018, 05:46:30 PM »
Always saw myself as more of a Martin Luther, but sure, why not.  
trouble maker
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

MikeDeTiger

• Global Moderator
  • Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2018, 05:59:38 PM »
takes one to know one  :)

FearlessF

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2018, 07:08:42 PM »
Missouri Synod Lutheran

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2018, 11:44:13 PM »

You're either pre-screwed/blessed, or else they're really impotent and don't deserve our respect.  When it comes to the ECFGs, fatalism is the only sane option.  
Over the years you have proven yourself to be a good man, Amos, but you’d best be glad we don’t actually martyr heretics anymore because you don’t seem to know shinola about ECFGs.
Do you honestly think they’re omniscient like the big G?
I think we’ve already established the fact that they’re demons.  Do Louisiana s think demons are omniscient?  That must be some of that NOLA voodoo stuff slippin into your Kool-Aid.
Every half-assed armchair theologian knows they ain’t.  Remember what the demon possessed doods in Gadarenes said to Jesus?  
“What do you plan to do with us?”
Omniscient? I don’t think so.
I think Peter says there are things the angels wish they knew.
Come on, Amos.  Pull your head out.
ECFGs are are evil and capricious but they don’t know what we think.
Shesh.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 11:46:40 PM by CharleyHorse46 »

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2018, 11:47:57 PM »
I tell you what though.  They read every football forum.

Especially Bucknuts.

mcwterps1

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2018, 07:13:39 PM »
Let's go Texas! 

Gigem

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2018, 08:04:17 PM »
Nice win. First vs tcu in awhile I think. 

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2018, 08:50:23 AM »
Lost 4 in a row I think, prior to that?  And 5 of the last 6.  This is only UT's second win in 7 seasons that TCU has been in the B12 I believe.  Sucking sucks.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2018, 01:13:45 PM »
I don't relish the idea of having to play either the Horns or the Horned Frogs ... neither of them suck this year (at football that is, although of course Texas Sucks is one of the few invariant laws of the known universe). 

longhorn320

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2018, 02:10:17 PM »
I don't relish the idea of having to play either the Horns or the Horned Frogs ... neither of them suck this year (at football that is, although of course Texas Sucks is one of the few invariant laws of the known universe).  
Not to mention Army

BrownCounty

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2018, 02:16:35 PM »
Fred, we may actually have an interesting contest in the Cotton Bowl this year.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2018, 03:05:23 PM »
So, does this mean you all will spare me all the sandbagging dOUmed posts this time round?  That'd be nice.

I definitely think the RRR will be a major battle.  Texas has gelled, and we've begun to falter.  Am hoping the Baylor game isn't another near disaster like the Army one was.  Losing Rodney Anderson was probably a bigger hit than any Sooner fan wanted to admit

MikeDeTiger

• Global Moderator
  • Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2018, 03:07:32 PM »
Living in Austin for a number of years, I know a significant amount of Longhorn fans.  Some of the very people on this board I consider friends.  I went to a lot of games, because I like gameday atmospheres, because I love cfb in general, and because at one time utee94 threw a heckuva tailgate.  

But I never actually rooted for them, per se.  I used to describe Texas as like watching your neighbors kids playing outside the window.  They're not your kids and you don't feel a deep connection to them, but you like them anyway and you'd miss them if they weren't around.  

This year, my new bride and I are of course watching more football together than ever.  Meaning I no longer miss any UT games.  For her sake I feel vaguely obligated to root for them.  It's easy enough to root for a team....every time I'm forced to watch NFL I can arbitrarily pick a team and root for them.  But I can't be crushed with her.  I can't long for UT dominance in days gone by with her.  I can muster an acceptable amount of enthusiasm for big wins, but I can't adequately feign heartbreak over a loss.  

Don't know if a real secondary fandom is something you can ever truly grow into, unless I have a kid one day that plays for UT.  And I'm guessing that's okay, because I don't expect her to live and die by my team either, and I wouldn't want her to fake it.  

I feel like something clever could be attached to that last line, but my inner CharleyHooky is awol.  

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2018, 03:31:30 PM »
On shaggy (surly) the proper response would be, "I faked it with your mom last night."

But nobody here is nearly so uncouth.  Right?

My "secondary" teams are Stanford, Michigan, and Air Force, for various reasons.  I enjoy watching them play and always root for them to win, but their losses don't affect me one way or the other.  The Longhorns, on the other hand...

Gigem

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2018, 03:47:22 PM »
Slightly back on topic but does anybody ever wonder about TCU's long-term benefit for the Big 12?  I mean right now they are a great addition to the conference and their football team has been nails for 20+ years and their baseball team is tops but you have to wonder when Gary Patterson leaves/retires/gets fired how well is TCU going to be able to keep it's football program up?  Right now they take a lot of talent that most major schools don't want and either turn 3* players into 4 and 5* performers or get a nice transfer like Kenny Hill once in awhile.  Once, when I was bored, I looked up TCU's SWC history and was shocked at how bad they were when the Big 12 was formed.  It was no wonder why they didn't get the invite to the XII and probably a good thing for them too since they were able to establish themselves outside of some very tough competition.  I do admit they have played much better in the XII than what I thought they would.  It's got to really stick in their craw that freakin' Baylor of all people would keep them out of the playoff.  

From my understanding although they have a very nice stadium it's small and they don't even fill it up.  I'm not sure how well they draw on TV but I know I'll watch them if they're playing somebody good (like UT or OU) or a bowl game but outside of that I don't pay much attention.  I always imagine that if we had hired Gary Patterson instead of Fran how much different the last 20 years would look (and yes I know we stole Fran from 'Bama not TCU).  

Amazon:
Support the Site:
Please Search Amazon from here!