header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Beer

(Read 62723 times)

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: Beer
« Reply #112 on: October 31, 2018, 10:04:23 AM »
I enjoy a decent cigar from time to time.  Usually on the back nine.

I'd like to try a pipe, but not really sure where to get started.  I'm sure I could figure something out to start, but I'm lazy.
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: October 31, 2018, 04:47:32 PM »
Hadn't smoked a cigar since my father died of lung cancer in 2006 but I used to be a Swisher Sweet Perfecto man.  You can spend more for a cigar but you can't find a finer one.  It's perfecto.  

I was always a beer man until I began traveling.  In El Paso you have to drink margaritas because they're so cheap and ubiquitous they practically pay you to drink them.  And that's when I noticed le diffe'rence!

I started experimenting with different mixtures using different bottles from different shelves and Herradura Silver just touched the right chord within me.   It's about $38 to $45 per 750 ml depending upon where I buy it but it's worth every nickel regardless.

Everybody's got different tastes.  Look up best tequilas and best tequilas under $50 and you'll pull up dozens of lists with very few tequilas common among all the lists.

Someday when I'm dissatisfied with my life and looking for something new I can start sampling others.  Maybe I'll find one I like just as well for $28 or even $18.  But for now, why look.  I'm happy with what I've found.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2018, 05:26:01 PM »
No need to be defensive about your choice in pretentious tequilas.  I was merely offering better-tasting options that, as a bonus, are also less expensive.

But far be it from me to attempt to change the opinion of a crotchety old man who is set in his ways.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2018, 09:01:16 PM »
WTH you whinin’ ‘bout, Jr?  I didn’t even realize you had contributed to this thread.  Way to get my attention.  I’ll have to go back & see what you said.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: November 01, 2018, 12:13:22 AM »
Now you think you can gaslight me?

Nice try oldtimer.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: November 01, 2018, 09:52:03 AM »
The flea on the dog always believes its all about him.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: November 01, 2018, 01:28:28 PM »
Riiiiigggghhhhhttttt....

So, anyway, it's time to move on from the pumpkin beers and get into the dark winter ales.  It was something like 45 degrees this morning at my house.  Definitely winter weather!

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: November 01, 2018, 02:02:35 PM »
I'm still waiting for cool fall weather

60 degrees on the golf course here for Halloween
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #120 on: November 01, 2018, 02:42:02 PM »
I'll have to try some Cazadores.  I might like it.  Then again I might not.  Tastes differ.  I know a guy who loves Natty Light.  None of my friends have wives I would've married.  I know people who drive vehicles I wouldn't drive, live in houses I wouldn't live in, work at jobs I wouldn't want and vote for candidates I wouldn't vote for.  Tastes can vary greatly.  But for less than $30 it's worth trying.  Thank you for the recommendation, Junior.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: November 01, 2018, 03:56:52 PM »
Well that's might noble of you, my old friend. ;)

If you hate it, I'll blame Fearless for the recommendation.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: November 01, 2018, 04:04:30 PM »
I'll have to try some Cazadores.  I might like it.  Then again I might not.  Tastes differ.  I know a guy who loves Natty Light.  None of my friends have wives I would've married.  I know people who drive vehicles I wouldn't drive, live in houses I wouldn't live in, work at jobs I wouldn't want and vote for candidates I wouldn't vote for.  Tastes can vary greatly.  But for less than $30 it's worth trying.  Thank you for the recommendation, Junior.

I would try a few of my friend's wives for $30.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: November 01, 2018, 05:15:39 PM »
As would I

I'm not a wealthy person, but I can come up with $30 for the right reason

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: November 01, 2018, 07:24:23 PM »
None of my friends have wives I would've married. 
Yep, same here when it comes to my own friends and their wives.  But, when it comes to a few of my wife's friends, that's a different story, particularly those from Argentina.  As I'd like to live into old age, those thoughts have always just stayed with me entirely, but ... damn.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: November 02, 2018, 10:52:38 AM »
When I was 30 or so, my friends all had interesting and attractive wives and my wife had interesting and attractive friends.

Now that I'm over 50, my friends' wives are no longer interesting and attractive and my wife's friends are no longer interesting and attractive.

I'm not an age-a-phobe.   I find a lot of older women to be quite beautiful as people and in appearance.  Just not my wife's friends or my friends' wives.

Lots of people (men and women) tend to develop ugly qualities as they get older.  They eat too much of the wrong foods, they don't exercise and they don't care.  They wear clothes that are comfortable instead of stylish so they look like an unmade bed.  (Often and unmade kings size bed).  As youthful hopefulness gives way to boring routines, they become louder and more negative.  Oftentimes even critical of innocuous things in their periphery that shouldn't even bother them.  You can see the "get off my lawn" attitude developing.

The more I see those qualities in my peers, the more I want to fight them.  Maybe it's vanity.  Maybe I don't want to grow old.  

I like to believe it's actually because I want to be a friendly likable person when I get old instead of the kind of person kids and grandkids hate to visit and neighborhood kids love to egg.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.