header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Beer

(Read 62610 times)

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
Re: Beer
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2018, 09:05:51 PM »
This morning my cat stuck his head out the doggie door for about 40 seconds, then pulled it back in, turned his head and gave me one of those Ice Cube gansta stares like he was ready to bust out the AK.

I tried my best to explain I didn’t control the weather but I don’t think he completely bought it.

Being a god in somebody’s eyes is not all you might think it would be.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2018, 09:13:17 PM »
Ha!  

True dat

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2018, 09:54:53 PM »
63 degrees and sunny this afternoon so I played 18 in my shorts

y'all should move here

Beers and cigars are great in this weather

"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2018, 09:59:23 PM »
Sweet - What year corvette?  New or ?
2013 Grand Sport 1LT listed at $33,997
or
2006 Z06 13,300 Miles. Price: Was $36,997 ?? Now $35,997
told them I have $30,000 cash
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2018, 12:04:59 AM »
You’ll be stylin’ either way.  >400 horses.  How far are you from SD?  I think the top speed limit on SD freeways is 80.  Good for a vette.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2018, 08:02:31 AM »
If this is the engine talk thread now, I gotta tell you how much I love the 3.5L twin turbo Ecoboost engine in my Ford F150.  After driving plodding V8 trucks for so long, this thing is a breath of fresh air!

And the way it tows, oh lawdy.  I'm pretty darn impressed with this vehicle.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2018, 11:28:32 AM »
My father was a Mopar man & I tried to respect and uphold that preference.

Honestly aren’t 1970, 71 and 72 big block Cudas glorious?

But in the ‘80s I went with Toyota’s for the sake of reliability.

In the ‘90s when my kids were expensive and my income was inadequate, I couldn’t afford new vehicles or the exorbitant resale costs of foreign cars so I had to go with GM.

Some were great, some were mediocre, some were terrible.

I didn’t like the way GM mismanaged their money or reorganized after their bail out - that I didn’t much like either but I kept on buying and driving used GM products until a few years ago.

I had a Saturn Relay that kept overheating.  I replaced the radiator, hoses, thermostat, thermostat housing and water pump. The evil beast still overheated.  In the weeks I tried to fix it, I unbolted the thermostat housing maybe a couple dozen times.  There was one bolt that was so wickedly placed I became convinced that GM engineers were purely evil sadists.

The last time I failed at resolving the overheating problem, I sold the thing for scrap and became a Ford man.

Fords may not be perfect but I’ve been much happier.  

My oldest son moved out before my conversion so he still contends with OBS Chevy trucks that are broke down more than they run.   Every now and then I’ll ask him how many miles the F350 he drives at work has.  Last time I asked he said it had about 325,000 miles.   He still hasn’t figured out why I ask him that every time his Chevy is inoperable.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2018, 11:43:56 AM »
I've had 2 Dodges, 2 Fords, and 2 Chevys in my life.  The 1981 Dodge Omni was a complete POS, but beyond that, reliability has been roughly the same for all of them.  

My i s c & a aggie wife has had a Honda and Toyota in the time we've been together.  The Toyota has had weird electrical problems from Day 1, and I'll never buy another Toyota because of it-- but the Honda was by far the best car I've ever owned.  Zero issues with it other than scheduled maintenance in the ~10 years we had it.  

I have no idea why we got rid of that thing.  My i s c & a aggie wife wanted a new car and liked the Toyota convertible, and we had the money, so we bought it and sold the Honda to my 18yo nephew, who promptly totaled it.  

Sure wish we still had that car.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2018, 11:55:47 AM »
I'm not even sure I can remember all of the vehicles I've had over the years, but I can probably remember the best and the worst.

The best - 1986 Toyota pickup, 2000 Chevy Cavalier coupe with a 5 speed, 2004 Pontiac Montana, 2012 Ford Fiesta hatchback

The worst - 1988 Cadillac Cimarron, 1994 Chevy Corsica, 2003 Pontiac Sunfire, 2007 Saturn Relay

Funny thing is the Sunfire and Cavalier were basically the same thing, as were the Montana and Relay.   Yet in each group one was somewhat stellar while the other one was pretty much horrible.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2018, 11:57:13 AM »
Some of you people change cars often.

I've had my last two SUVs for 12, and 11 years, consecutively.  

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2018, 12:02:45 PM »
I bought the 2004 Montana in the fall of 2005 when the 2006s came out.  At the same time my brother-in-law bought a 2005 Honda Odyssey. 

Naturally he pooh-poohed the Montana as being historically unreliable per Consumer Report, while extolling his Odyssey as vastly superior in every respect.

It's not like I could afford to be choosy.  I spent a whole lot less on my Montana and it was simply the best deal for the money I could afford.

But I guess the evil capricious car gods were on my side, because they blessed my Montana and cursed his Odyssey.

He had to have the transmission, air conditioner and dvd player all replaced over the next few years.  In fact, I think he had the transmission replaced two or three times.

Meanwhile getting a new set of tires was the most costly maintenance I ever had to perform on the Montana.  The kids loved it.   It was funky, sporty, comfortable.

The Trans Am of minivans.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2018, 12:02:59 PM »
My vehicles have spanned American made trucks, Japanese bikes, and Japanese and German compacts.  My favorites so far were the Ford F100 truck I had backin high school (indestructible, which is what I needed then) and this current VW Golf (which has a great sound system and can flat out scoot in traffic).  I did have a serious crush on my Yamaha 750 that I rode while I was in the service.  But it’s hard to carry the wife and son around on that.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2018, 12:06:57 PM »
Some of you people change cars often.

I've had my last two SUVs for 12, and 11 years, consecutively.  
The Montana was rear-ended and deemed a total loss by the responsible party's insurance company.  
We kept the Cavalier 14 years.  I kept the Toyota pick up 11 years.  We still have the 2012 Fiesta.
I have five drivers on my insurance.  Cars are like groceries.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2018, 12:21:00 PM »
I have no idea what a Montana or Odyssey might be.  Those names sound made up. Are they made up?

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.