header pic

College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!! The Best FREE College Football Forum on the Internet!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Beer

(Read 2755 times)

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
Re: Beer
« Reply #120 on: November 01, 2018, 02:42:02 PM »
I'll have to try some Cazadores.  I might like it.  Then again I might not.  Tastes differ.  I know a guy who loves Natty Light.  None of my friends have wives I would've married.  I know people who drive vehicles I wouldn't drive, live in houses I wouldn't live in, work at jobs I wouldn't want and vote for candidates I wouldn't vote for.  Tastes can vary greatly.  But for less than $30 it's worth trying.  Thank you for the recommendation, Junior.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: November 01, 2018, 03:56:52 PM »
Well that's might noble of you, my old friend. ;)

If you hate it, I'll blame Fearless for the recommendation.

BrownCounty

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: November 01, 2018, 04:04:30 PM »
I'll have to try some Cazadores.  I might like it.  Then again I might not.  Tastes differ.  I know a guy who loves Natty Light.  None of my friends have wives I would've married.  I know people who drive vehicles I wouldn't drive, live in houses I wouldn't live in, work at jobs I wouldn't want and vote for candidates I wouldn't vote for.  Tastes can vary greatly.  But for less than $30 it's worth trying.  Thank you for the recommendation, Junior.

I would try a few of my friend's wives for $30.

FearlessF

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: November 01, 2018, 05:15:39 PM »
As would I

I'm not a wealthy person, but I can come up with $30 for the right reason
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: November 01, 2018, 07:24:23 PM »
None of my friends have wives I would've married. 
Yep, same here when it comes to my own friends and their wives.  But, when it comes to a few of my wife's friends, that's a different story, particularly those from Argentina.  As I'd like to live into old age, those thoughts have always just stayed with me entirely, but ... damn.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: November 02, 2018, 10:52:38 AM »
When I was 30 or so, my friends all had interesting and attractive wives and my wife had interesting and attractive friends.

Now that I'm over 50, my friends' wives are no longer interesting and attractive and my wife's friends are no longer interesting and attractive.

I'm not an age-a-phobe.   I find a lot of older women to be quite beautiful as people and in appearance.  Just not my wife's friends or my friends' wives.

Lots of people (men and women) tend to develop ugly qualities as they get older.  They eat too much of the wrong foods, they don't exercise and they don't care.  They wear clothes that are comfortable instead of stylish so they look like an unmade bed.  (Often and unmade kings size bed).  As youthful hopefulness gives way to boring routines, they become louder and more negative.  Oftentimes even critical of innocuous things in their periphery that shouldn't even bother them.  You can see the "get off my lawn" attitude developing.

The more I see those qualities in my peers, the more I want to fight them.  Maybe it's vanity.  Maybe I don't want to grow old.  

I like to believe it's actually because I want to be a friendly likable person when I get old instead of the kind of person kids and grandkids hate to visit and neighborhood kids love to egg.

BrownCounty

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: November 02, 2018, 11:25:07 AM »
Now that I'm over 50, my friends' wives are no longer interesting and attractive and my wife's friends are no longer interesting and attractive.

I forgot to mention, my wife's bestie is 20 years her junior.

FearlessF

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: November 02, 2018, 11:55:47 AM »

The more I see those qualities in my peers, the more I want to fight them.  Maybe it's vanity.  Maybe I don't want to grow old.  

some days I fight harder than others.  I don't think it's vanity for me and I don't really mind getting older, except for the pain my body feels.
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: November 02, 2018, 02:01:55 PM »
“and I wanna grow old, without the pain
Give my body back to the earth, and not complain”
-AB

https://g.co/kgs/dsJhoV

FearlessF

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: November 02, 2018, 02:10:21 PM »
too late for me, there's been some pain

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: November 02, 2018, 05:29:19 PM »
too late for me, there's been some pain
Yep, hard to escape it

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: November 02, 2018, 05:38:39 PM »
I hadn't expected the Codgers' Convention around here.

Y'all keep your arthritis and you hemorrhoids and such to yourself, thank you very much.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: November 02, 2018, 06:01:56 PM »
I've luckily escaped those two fates so far, but have lost a gall bladder and an appendix along the way.  Don't really miss either one though. 

Anyway, don't worry your "young" forty-something head about it, you'll get your own dose of old age soon enough cousin.  Trust me on this one.

FearlessF

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: November 02, 2018, 06:49:08 PM »
utee,

If you're lucky age and pain will catch up with you

Amazon:
Support the Site:
Please Search Amazon from here!