header pic

College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!! The Best FREE College Football Forum on the Internet!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: A&M

(Read 981 times)

Gigem

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
Re: A&M
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2018, 08:08:06 PM »
I agree and I am not a fan of what LHN cost the Big 12.  But find me any school that would have turned ESPN away and refused having its own network.

And on the other note, remember A&M's "Vision 2020"?  Where did that go?  Long gone.  Joined the SEC, opened up the flood gates, and started stamping out diplomas.

Money talks, academics walk.  And big stadiums look cool anyways.
I think the attendance increase has been going on long before the sec came around. Every time I get up that way they are building a new building or something or other. 

TexasFan

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2018, 08:53:46 AM »
Even Texas Tech made list at #25.

MikeDeTiger

• Global Moderator
  • Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2018, 11:33:54 AM »
I haven't been to a game since Johnny Football's last one Vs Miss St in 2013.  I am not aware of any pre-game constitution activities, it sounds kind of goofy to me.  

You do just realize that EVERYONE out there who is a CFB fan has some reason to pick the team they like?  Some may like the logo, or the colors, or they may have a favorite player or coach.  Heck, some like the system the school runs.  Some like whoever is closest to where they live.  If you think about it, there's US, and then there's THEM.  And if they are not with US, then they are against US, and we are against THEM.  Oh, and by the way, THEM are bad.  They are bad because they're not US and because I say so.  

At the end of the day whatever reason any fan picks is just as valid as any other reason.  

Oh, and BTW, most of the CFB fans I know consider anybody who didn't attend the school they root for a T-shirt fan.  
You make some good points.
Points I'd probably consider if you didn't belong to a cult  :72:

Gigem

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2018, 04:01:52 PM »
You make some good points.
Points I'd probably consider if you didn't belong to a cult  :72:
A very, very LARGE cult.  Thank you!

TexasFan

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2018, 02:00:45 PM »
I see A&M winning big this weekend over Arkansas.    The line is A&M by 21.  

Gigem

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2018, 09:09:58 PM »
I see A&M winning big this weekend over Arkansas.    The line is A&M by 21.  
We'll see.  I think Ark is better than their record.  

TexasFan

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2018, 01:52:32 PM »
If you guys could score in the red zone today you would be up by 24. 

Gigem

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2018, 07:27:05 PM »
Agreed.  And I thought we had a good kicker but he missed two easy ones.  

Just glad to barely win rather than barely lose like to Clemson.  

Amazon:
Support the Site:
Please Search Amazon from here!