header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Texas vs Tulsa

(Read 6700 times)

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
Re: Texas vs Tulsa
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2018, 05:25:14 PM »
I liked the way the Horns game against USC played out.  We'll see how it fits into the context of the greater season.  If it was just a blip, I'm unimpressed but if it was actually a turning point, I'm pleased.

We shall see.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2018, 06:12:44 PM »
If it was just a blip, I'm unimpressed but if it was actually a turning point, I'm pleased.
Each time I have chocolate cake I refuse to like it until I know more is coming.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2018, 08:40:20 PM »
I was actually spending more time watching the tOSU-TCU game, but every time I flipped over to the SC-Horns game, Texas was looking pretty good. 

Unfortunately, they may have already jelled, which wasn't supposed to happen until about the 3rd week in Oct.

Regardless, congrats Texas fans on the W.  Even though an SC-Texas game makes me first think of big meteorites coming in for a timely landing at DKR, still yet I can admire a good performance by a rival when I see one.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2018, 09:50:15 PM »
Winning is always better than losing.  i thought Texas had a chance to win, but I didn't anticipate a win like that.  It was unusual seeing Texas not look like crap.

TCU is up next, they're a much better team than any we've faced this season.  Sure would like to get only our 2nd win against the cockroaches since they joined the B12...

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2018, 02:37:55 PM »
TCU is up next...

Make no mistake, there are dynamics going on with this game.

Del Conte is ours now.  We took him from TCU.  To some extent, Patterson and Del Conte must be buds.  Think Patterson wants to lose to Del Conte?

Now Herman.  Think Herman wants to lose to Del Conte's boy?

Drama.  I like it.

MikeDeTiger

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2018, 02:53:15 PM »
I don't know what SC's O-line is made out of, but that was an overwhelming performance by UT's defensive front.  If the defense can get that kind of pressure in future games, they won't lose many.  

Need to see more from the UT OL.  More of a push in the run game is necessary, and somebody besides the QB needs to be the bellcow.  If that happens, I suspect the passing game will suddenly look much improved.  

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2018, 02:54:55 PM »
Vegas favors the frogs by 3

I would have thought it would be more like 10 to 14

They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2018, 04:05:27 PM »
Vegas favors the frogs by 3

I would have thought it would be more like 10 to 14

I feel the helmet value of USC just gave Texas fans a week of ignorant bliss.  And Herman a week of media reprieve.

Patterson's horny frogs will ascend onto DKR with a purple vengeance.  We better be for real.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2018, 04:44:14 PM »
I feel the helmet value of USC just gave Texas fans a week of ignorant bliss.  And Herman a week of media reprieve.

Patterson's horny frogs will ascend onto DKR with a purple vengeance.  We better be for real.
What happened to your chocolate cake, BC?  Did you accidentally tump it on the floor?

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2018, 05:02:04 PM »
What happened to your chocolate cake, BC?  Did you accidentally tump it on the floor?

No, I enjoyed the heck out of it.  I just don't see any more coming for awhile.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.