header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Half-Assed Resident Genius Contest

(Read 43145 times)

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Half-Assed Resident Genius Contest
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2018, 11:53:40 AM »
So my clever plan to shake out some separation between contestants failed miserably as I ended up with a binary result despite not listening to the unsolicited advice of BC or 320.

I’ll search through our pages of idle conversation (totally loved, embraced & acceped by me), find the picks, sort them out & post the rankings AFTER church and chicken dinner.
just a suggestion CH
It seems to me that if you picked N/A you should be ranked 1
I think there were 2 such picks
anything else should get no worse then a 2
again its only a suggestion unasked for I know
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2018, 11:58:06 AM »
It seems to me that if you picked N/A you should be ranked 1
I think there were 2 such picks
anything else should get no worse then a 2
I think he kinda has to do it that way.
This is why I wanted to simplify the question.  I wanted more separation from "bench Sam" crowd.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2018, 12:05:46 PM »
I just wish Sam would let me know when he was going to play lights out

I sealed the Horn win when I chose USC over UT in another contest on the Big10 board

All Horns can should thank me for this win

The only fault I had with Sam's play was he left the ball in the running backs hands too long on the option read play

I also thought the play calling sucked at times but that wasnt Sam's fault
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2018, 12:30:41 PM »
I just wish Sam would let me know when he was going to play lights out
I wouldn't say he played "lights out", but the only way he's going to get anywhere is to keep playing him.  He's got to learn his receivers and how to work with them come go time.  He's developing a feel for Collen Johnson and Lil' Jordan.  Also Andrew Beck.  He's still had less starts than Shane but shows more promise.  Sam would be a hero on Alabama, supporting cast has plenty to do with it.  He (and Herman) are enough to get us back to 8-9 win Mack Brown firing status.

I'm thinking Herman/Tim Beck insist on playing Watson due to speed.  But he's a heat seeker and runs straight to the pile.  No vision.  Daniel Young at least has some power and can find the opening at times.

Solid defensive effort.  Orlando is the real deal - as a defensive coordinator.  Don't know that I see HC material coming out of him, but I'm sure he'll be foolish enough to give it a try when someone comes calling.  We took some chances with aggressive blitzes, mostly with success.  I don't think we have to the talent to play conservative defense, and just let the offense come at us.  We will still give up plenty of points this year.

Kicker Dicker looked good.  Maybe we've solved that for awhile.

I still say Herman will get us back to Mack Brown firing status, but not over the hump.  Just my take.

P.S. I like pointing out that all we do now is struggle to attain "Mack Brown firing status", and we are pleased to be getting there.  Texas fans irritate me.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2018, 03:41:12 PM »
I like having you on this forum, BC.  It isn’t often that a dumbass like me gets to feel intellectually superior but you never fail to give me that joy.

Any way, I’m trying to get my yard mowed between rains so it’ll be a minute til I get back to this.

320, don’t tell me how to run this game or you’ll find yourself conspicuously absent from the rankings.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2018, 05:03:11 PM »

Congratulations to Brown County and East Athens, this week's half-assed resident geniuses.

1BrownCountyguessedN/Agot it right
1EastAthensguessedN/Agot it right
3CousinFreddieguessedTexas 28missed it
3GigemguessedUSC 42 missed it
3longhorn320guessedTexas 40missed it
3Shinerguessedthe 50missed it
3utee94guessedTexas 44missed it
3UT-Erin03guessedTexas 30 missed it
5all other players
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 05:07:42 PM by CharleyHorse46 »

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2018, 05:10:36 PM »
Ongoing standings in the quest for the season's half-assed resident genius:

1longhorn3207
2BrownCounty10
3utee9411
4UT-Erin0313
5bamajoe 14
6CousinFreddie16
7tMrqHusker 17
7tGigem17
7tShiner17
10tThumper21
10tEastAthens21
12rook11923

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2018, 05:16:44 PM »
This coming week, we will pay homage to another former friend of the Big 12, the Nebraska Cornhuskers.

This week they travel to Ann Arbor to play the Michigan Wolverines.  

Our question for you is this - how many points will our beloved Cornhuskers score?

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2018, 06:09:16 PM »
I like having you on this forum, BC.  It isn’t often that a dumbass like me gets to feel intellectually superior but you never fail to give me that joy.
Oh hush and just put me down for getting it right.  0 TO's.  Sam's the guy.

What's next.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2018, 07:29:37 PM »
Thanks for entertaining us with this contest primo.  It's unique and fun, and I know you're often the genius behind the genius contests, although Erin and LBM (rip) have also kept us entertained over the years too.

And, you know, I've been playing these silly contests here for years, and one thing I've noticed that is often true here: 320 is almost always at or near the top of the leader board, as long as the contest involves football in some way, shape or form.

I'm not sure whether it's due to the chops he developed during his career (which I think had to do with numbers, and maybe even forecasting numbers - CPA or some such right?), or the wisdom of his advanced years (age has to be good for something, right?), or the self-professed fact that he bleeds orange blood (and ewwww, but I digress), but the fact is, 320 knows this game pretty darned well.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2018, 11:19:13 PM »
17 points doth Nebbie score.  Michigan scores at will.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 11:23:56 PM by BrownCounty »

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2018, 07:56:47 AM »
Nebraska, hmmm, can’t believe how off they are these days.  I’ll say they scrape together 13 points in the big house

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2018, 02:42:10 PM »
y'all should wai to see if the Husker's star QB will be starting

Martinez did practice today, so that means to me that he will be starting
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2018, 02:51:00 PM »
Taylor Martinez?

How many years has he redshirted?

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.