header pic

College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!! The Best FREE College Football Forum on the Internet!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Half-Assed Resident Genius Contest

(Read 6104 times)

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
Re: Half-Assed Resident Genius Contest
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2018, 01:20:12 PM »
I've made a note of all entries thus far.  Y'all still have until kickoff (6:05 CDT) to get your score in.   

Thumper you played last week, if you don't play this week your score for this week will be higher than everybody who does play.

For those of you who played (or will play) this week but didn't play last week, you will get an 8 for last week averaged into your final score.  We had six play last week and they're ranked 1-6.  By all rights you cats should be no higher than 7 but you get a penalty point too because I say so.  So that puts you at 8.

Good luck.  Thanks for playing.

rook119

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2018, 05:13:59 PM »
97 yards

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2018, 11:41:06 AM »
Got the stats, got the winner, got the rankings.  I’ll post when I can. Got to go to church and buy the family lunch first. I’d say 2 pm cdt is the over/under.

Remember this is the 1/2assed RGC.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2018, 05:22:08 PM »
Congratulations, bamajoe.  You are this week's half-assed resident genius.

Here's how everybody did -

1bamajoe guessed25missed it by6
2longhorn320guessed50missed it by19
3utee94guessed53missed it by22
4MrqHusker guessed71missed it by40
5CousinFreddieguessed78missed it by47
6tBrownCountyguessed85missed it by54
6tGigemguessed85missed it by54
8Shinerguessed92missed it by61
9UT-Erin03guessed95missed it by64
10rook119guessed97missed it by66

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2018, 05:26:34 PM »
The aggregate ranking thus far, after two weeks, looks like this:

1longhorn3204
2utee948
3tbamajoe 9
3tBrownCounty9
5UT-Erin0310
6MrqHusker 12
7CousinFreddie13
8tGigem14
8tShiner14
10Thumper16
11rook11918

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2018, 05:33:47 PM »
I have decided to embrace mediocrity, so for this week's question we will celebrate the sloppy ball handling and game control of one Sam Ehlinger.

My question for you is this - at what yardage and whose side of the field will Texas be at, at the outset of the play when Sam Ehlinger has his final turnover of the game?  

A few qualifiers and clarifications - 

Please note the word "final."  If he turns the ball over 6 times, we don't care where he was the first five times.  Just the 6th.

By outset of the play, I mean that for example Texas is at the USC 11 and Texas throws a pick in the endzone, the answer is USC 11 not USC O.

And by turnover, I'm narrowing it to just a fumble or an interception.  If/when he turns it over on downs because he did something stupid, we won't count that one.

If you honestly think he will play an error free game with no turnovers.  Then say N/A.

BrownCounty

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2018, 07:55:09 PM »
Before answering, I'm gonna wait this question out.  Seems like it could be reduced to "how many TO's will Sam have".  I can see people reading the above post three times right now.

Oh, and N/A.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2018, 09:29:40 PM »
So you instead of asking a question that can have 101 possible answers (thus ensuring separation among entrants), you want me to ask a question with no more than 6 probable answers, thus guaranteeing a clustering of contestants instead of a separation.

You don’t statistic much, do you, BC?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 09:31:58 PM by CharleyHorse46 »

longhorn320

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2018, 10:43:57 PM »
So you instead of asking a question that can have 101 possible answers (thus ensuring separation among entrants), you want me to ask a question with no more than 6 probable answers, thus guaranteeing a clustering of contestants instead of a separation.

I like BC's suggestion but why not just ask which half will his last turn over occur
that way I have a 50/50 shot
anyway I'll play along
my answer is the Texas 40 yard line
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

longhorn320

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2018, 10:46:58 PM »
CH I assume this is a turnover from Sam himself and not a turnover from for example a running back or a receiver

Sam might throw an interception or fumble for example
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2018, 11:11:03 PM »
The turnover has to be by Ehlinger. He throws a pick or fumbles. I’m not sure how much more simple the question can be.  You know I am kind of an a-hole.  Piss me off too much and you can all stick this game up your asses.

longhorn320

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2018, 11:24:04 PM »
The turnover has to be by Ehlinger. He throws a pick or fumbles. I’m not sure how much more simple the question can be.  You know I am kind of an a-hole.  Piss me off too much and you can all stick this game up your asses.
not tryin to piss you off but this is the most important thing Ive done today 

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2018, 11:37:41 PM »
Ok

Shiner

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2018, 08:48:32 AM »
50 yard line.

BrownCounty

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2018, 11:29:40 AM »

Sure I do.  But who cares.  We're just funning here.

BrownCounty

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2018, 11:31:55 AM »
Piss me off too much and you can all stick this game up your asses.

C'mon, take it easy, killer.  Just trying to make it easy for ya this week, that's all.

Gigem

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2018, 05:43:58 PM »
USC 42 yard line. 

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2018, 06:54:31 PM »
Texas 28 yard line

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2018, 08:31:01 AM »
50 yard line.
Hedging your bet.  Smart play.

FearlessF

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2018, 09:59:03 AM »

Just don't change you name again
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2018, 11:13:01 AM »
LOL, FF ... but I kind of like JCG's shape shifting when it comes to aliases ... all pretty clever ... am not sure whether I like Hooky Hornstein or Charley Horse better, but probably CH, since it's a subtle critique of what was going on in UT football about the time he picked it.  Actually the more I think about it, it's sheer brilliance.

Me, the only thing I've done is pick some generic name and then change it to the name it morphed into being called most.  Original, perhaps, but far short of brilliant and not at all a critique of, well, anything.  The only thing I like about it is that others have morphed into other names, like Sooner Red who called me, from Dennis the Menace, Mr. Willlllllllllson!

So, it's kind of fun seeing what other people do with your moniker(s), I suppose.

FearlessF

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2018, 11:54:41 AM »
I was a huge fan of Samsung Soonert

wish that guy was still around
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2018, 12:49:33 PM »
I lose track when people change their names.  I typically just keep on calling them the same thing so as not to confuse myself.

I've been utee94 since a couple boards before cnn/si, and that's the only name I've ever used on message boards.

Interestingly enough, in the dark ages while Al Gore was still putting the final touches on his invention of the internet, I was known as "Shiner" on the Internet Relay Chat (IRC).

I made a heck of a lot better Shiner than this new guy, that's for sure.

FearlessF

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2018, 12:55:55 PM »
you drank that swill back in your youth?

was Live Oak, not a brewery back in the stone age?

BrownCounty

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2018, 02:46:23 PM »
I've just about lost all manhood.  Dark beer sets me back too much these days.  Been drinking Rolling Rock whenever I can find it.  Nice, pale, easy flowing river beer.

FearlessF

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2018, 02:53:51 PM »
that stuff is much worse than Busch Light

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2018, 04:10:23 PM »
I lose track when people change their names.  I typically just keep on calling them the same thing so as not to confuse myself.

I've been utee94 since a couple boards before cnn/si, and that's the only name I've ever used on message boards.

Interestingly enough, in the dark ages while Al Gore was still putting the final touches on his invention of the internet, I was known as "Shiner" on the Internet Relay Chat (IRC).

I made a heck of a lot better Shiner than this new guy, that's for sure.
wow, mIRC days....   that really jogs the memory. 
I went by "FlyHighGirl" on there - partly because I wanted to be a Fly Girl on In Living Color (like Jennifer Lopez before she became J-Lo), and I also liked to get high.  Some of those things are still true, including the strange craving to talk to strangers on the internet.   

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2018, 04:10:50 PM »
I don't think I answered this week's question, but I guess I'll go with the Texas 30 yrd line. 

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2018, 06:47:14 PM »
Familiarity breeds contempt.  Or perhaps just a genuine fondness that lacks proper boundaries so that it becomes as equally loving and annoying as an affectionate 200 lb sheep dog with muddy feet, bad breath and a wagging tail that knocks everything off of the coffee table and both end tables.

Think back to when you were a kid and you tried something you thought was cool - like a new haircut or new cut of blue jeans or something.  It was cool when Fonzie did it or James Bond did it it or Billy Idol did it but when you did it you were ridiculed mercilessly.

And by whom?  Friends and family of course.  So it goes.  Sometimes you need a break.  

The fun thing about message boards is you can post with friends and nemeses for 20 years during which time you can get totally fed up with them, leave forever, and come back as somebody knew only to discover they can all be real jerks to that guy too.  

So what's a tempestuous idgit to do?   Just keep on keeping on.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2018, 06:51:35 PM »
But hey.  Whoda ever thunk this forum would be a tie that binds through decades, joys, sorrows, trials, tragedies and blessings?

We are a such a awkwardly social species.

I was watching a documentary that said most American house cats die of diseases.  The diseases are caused by stress.  The stress is caused by interactions with other living creatures.  Usually other cats.

You hear things like that and you have to wonder what God is trying to tell us.

Amazon:
Support the Site:
Please Search Amazon from here!