header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Hello, Yankees

(Read 3954 times)

MikeDeTiger

• All Star
  • Liked:
Hello, Yankees
« on: September 03, 2017, 04:27:16 PM »
I'm relatively flooded in down here at the SWLA/SETX line, so before you ask, no, I literally do not have anything better to do than post stupid stuff and annoy you to the best of my ability.  

• Is buckeyecraaazy, Mr. Nubbz and that other super cool Buckeye still around?  I can't remember his name.  Old guy.  Hilarious.  I always picture him wearing a Hawaiian shirt and smoking weed.  If this place is all Michigan fans now, I'm out.  
  • OH MY GOD THANK YOU....the B1G is exciting again!  Ever since those teams in the 2006 GAME OF THE CENTURY let me down, I'd rather have had my chestnuts roasted over an open fire than watch most of the B1G games.  
  • Northwestern was interesting to me last year.  By comparison, obviously.  That's what the B1G was like for non-B1G fans.  That's what it had come to.  Northwestern.  Think about that.  
  • Except for that Michigan/App. St. game back in 2007.  That was interesting.
  • No, UM fans, that App. St. game is never going away.  
  • Wisconsin did break our record streak of 51 W's vs. non-conf. opponents last year, which, begrudgingly, was also interesting.
  • F*CK YOU, Wisconsin.  
  • The running back from Penn St. is kinda good.
  • Michigan defense doesn't look like it's gonna step back much after losing so many guys.  Granted, the UF offense has been shit since Urb's last year.  
  • Speaking of the Urbz, Ohio State flashed a very impressive pass rush vs. Indiana.  I don't know of what caliber Indiana's OL might be.
  • No, seriously, Saquon Barkley is good.  Check him out.
  • Can PJ Fleck actually row the boat at Minnesota?  Is that gonna work out?  If not, the Cajun Navy is always looking for fresh bodies and available boats to be rowed down here.  
  • I'm not sure what to make out of UM's and OSU's offenses.  Florida (I think) is going to be very good on D again.  Fits and starts aren't exactly a harbinger of doom there.  Indiana, I think is just not very good on D.  OSU needs to play with the rust off, like in the 2nd half.
  • I mean, he's not Melvin Gordon good, but he's good.  
  • Wisconsin really has that speed-vs-size tradeoff thing down pat, right?  All the rest of the teams up here have SEC Speed! (TM) and Wisconsin b like "DO YOU EVEN LIFT BRO?"
  • I've just been informed Nebraska is in the B1G now.  Who the **** let that happen?  
  • You realize Maryland's win over UT is just their sympathy token because UT has wanted in the B1G all along, right?  
  • There's not even a Great Lake bordering Nebraska WHAT THE F*CK??!?
  • Purdue....something something something Drew Brees.  Amirite?  
  • Even Herbstreit has finally put all his SEC schilling behind him, so maybe we can get back to business as usual.  Speaking of SEC Supremacists, media outlets still hammer that they largely support Trump, amidst marches that Big Ten Matters and counter protesters claiming All Conferences Matter, and even avid supporters worry that our nation will fail to heal and make college football great again.  For the second consecutive time LSU's coach does not speak English, and the evidence suggests that the sociopolitical aspects of this sport are screwed.  

Later Yankees.  I'm gonna go look for some 400 escaped Gators from the nearby farms who flooded past their enclosure walls.  You can't have gators running loose all over the place.  Just ask Harbaugh.  

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: Hello, Yankees
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 07:51:29 PM »
I'm still babbling around bumping into walls muttering things about Bama/Mich and maybe next week the Dirt Burglars.I've been called a lot of things - Super Cool doesn't come to mind tho.Buckeye Crazy has been absent for quite sometime.But we have Fearless now...ya I know bad trade.Hope things get back to normal and the flood subsides and relief efforts help.Godspeed to all those affected.Freeze some of that Gator meat I've heard it's quite good.Make some shoes & suitcases out of the rest.Well best wishes to those on the Bayou.And Badgerfan is working on a Great Lake for Iowa & Ne.Now time for a Yuengling
Suburbia:Where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them.

MikeDeTiger

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 10:09:22 PM »
Stingray66....that's who I'm thinking of.  

Hey, Nubbz.  Are the Bucks gonna win the NC this year?  Or at least smack around OU?  

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 07:55:27 AM »
 Dunno,Buckeyes have athletes out the wazoo but they have to become ball players.Defensive front 7 may be the best in the Nation including Alabama's.They are good & deep(knock on wood).We are 5 years in to the JT Barret experiment.Barret is fair on getting the ball out in space to playmakers.Problem is he can't stretch the field with his arm strength.If a team is going to go the distance you have to do that.

Land Thieves looked impressive Sat.Nite.OU receivers & Mayfield both looked laser sharp.Of course UTEP wasn't punching them in the mouth every step of the way either.I know OU lost both starting RB's to the NFL so that has to help.Should be a hotly contested scrum and hope it's as advertised.No matter what happens just enjoying CFB.Like last nite UCLA bouncing back that hardly ever happens in the Sunday League(and I fell asleep).

Have no idea what happened to Stinger.He had not posted for about 6 months on the old board.So let's hope things are well and he was simply to busy.Enjoy Labor Day - for those who bust their ass 12 months a year
Suburbia:Where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 09:01:58 AM »
good to hear from you, Mike

stay dry down there

I have a couple Hawaiian shirts

and "NO" it wasn't my idea to send Nebraska to the Big Ten
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 10:27:47 AM »
This is a great thread.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

MikeDeTiger

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 11:41:02 AM »
Hey, Badge.

Your axioms for a great team, iirc, are:

1.  Run the ball
2.  Stop the run
3.  Pressure the QB

So far we're 2/3 of the way there.....

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2017, 08:33:20 PM »
Those are the keys to a good football team. No questions.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.