header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: It’s still off-season - Fashion!

(Read 10483 times)

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: It’s still off-season - Fashion!
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2018, 01:59:24 PM »
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2018, 03:35:33 PM »
Well as for me, I’m very secure in my manhood so I have no need to drive truck, wear boots, belch or posture.  So I metro.  I drive economical vehicles, I eat salads, I work out, I dress fashionably, I color the gray in my hair and smear collagen under my eyes at night. I even carry a briefcase just so my car keys and wallet won’t bulge my skinny slacks. So yeah I guess I do posture after all.  I pretend to be a guy 15 years younger than I am.  And if I’m not actually pulling it off, folks are nice enough to play along.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2018, 03:41:26 PM »
I do, however, have a fashion dilemma.

I grew up to believe one wears brown shoes and belt with browns and tans and black shoes and belt with blues and grays.

But now I can afford all kinds of shoes including colors like gray, blue (really more of a navy) and saddle.

Saddle as you probably know is a light brown that’s an almost orangy leather.

Personally I think the saddle shoes and belt look bad ass with my very light gray (not dark gray or charcoal) two piece suit and most people under 30 tend to agree while most people 40 and over consider it a faux paux.

Those vocal opinions leave me torn. What thinks ye, oh college football chums?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 03:44:13 PM by CharleyHorse46 »

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2018, 04:08:31 PM »
The saddle shoes are probably fine with the light gray.     I highly doubt anyone will turn you in to "What Not To Wear" in either case, if that show is even still on anymore.  

When I was a kid, my mom would say my pants looked like "high waters" if the pant leg didn't go all the way to the ankle/shoes. 
Nowadays, all the pants look like "high waters" since they are all cut above the ankle, and it's the latest style.    
It really is hard to keep up with the shifting taste, styles & trends, and half the crap that is pushed in the fashion magazines are ridiculous trends anyway.
At one point, denim top with denim bottoms was a no-go, but now I'm seeing the double-denim look everywhere.  

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2018, 04:25:02 PM »
Ah the old double denim or Canadian Tuxedo as one of ninos told me it’s called.  I’ve always been a fan provided the colors contrast - faded jeans with a much bluer and less faded shirt.

I loved it in about 1991 when Boys II Men took denim to the urban mainstream with their Motown Philly video.

One of my favorite outfits was in about 1992 when I’d wear a pressed dark blue denim shirt with olive colored pleated Dockers and a wild slim knot wide at the bottom Jerr Garcia tie to tie them both together.  

Great look.

I miss denim.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2018, 05:09:24 PM »
Charley,

Your fashion sense has always been top notch when I've met you in Texas at various locations.  (usually Bonedaddy's)

you never come across as any of the 5 metro-sexual men in Erin's pic above

I'm thankful of that.  Not that there's anything wrong with that or the way they dress.  Just definitely not my style

Yes, the saddle shoes are bad ass.  I'm planning to purchase a pair soon.  I usually reference them as bowling shoes when I notice them looking good.
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2018, 06:07:56 PM »
Thank you for your kind words, Frankie.  

But I should point out.... when I say saddle shoes I don’t mean the snazzy two tones Wally’s girlfriends wore with his letter sweater on Leave it to Beaver.

I mean a solid one color loafer the color of Matt Dillon’s saddle.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2018, 12:29:08 PM »
Primo, I don't have much fashion sense so can't comment other than to say it sounds kind of "Palm Springs" to me, not in the sense of old geezers playing golf etc, but am thinking more of the actual physical landscape out there, which is pretty light colored with a lot of sand and rocks etc.  You might be able to blend into the landscape kind of like a chameleon.

You could always say that you're tracking in on the Arizona Buff Bench Boulder look (and beyond the buff bench boulders look also at the gray of the Navajo Boulders or the Smokey White Ice Boulders ... these sound like the color scheme you're putting together):

https://www.southwestboulder.com/products/arizona-buff-bench-boulders

Anyway if it feels and looks good to you, go for it, I say!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 12:30:46 PM by CousinFreddie »

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2018, 02:46:08 PM »
Wow, what are you, man?  Like some professor of geology and the environment or something?  Thank you, Cousin Fred.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2018, 02:57:31 PM »
Thank you for your kind words, Frankie.  

But I should point out.... when I say saddle shoes I don’t mean the snazzy two tones Wally’s girlfriends wore with his letter sweater on Leave it to Beaver.

I mean a solid one color loafer the color of Matt Dillon’s saddle.
glad you pointed that out
I was thinking.............

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2018, 03:47:04 PM »
No.  Kind of like this:

« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 03:51:56 PM by CharleyHorse46 »

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2018, 03:50:33 PM »
I can't find the exact shoe.

It's a Florsheim driving loafer, like this:

But orangy tan like last one I posted.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2018, 04:30:28 PM »
I like em.

Last pair of loafers I had was back in college in the early 80s

since I'm not big on spending money on shoes, I have a dilemma.  Do I get the saddle/bowling shoe or the loafer?  Both classics. 

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2018, 05:25:38 PM »
Loafers

Only time I tie laces is if I'm hiking or shooting hoops.

I like rubber flat soled loafers made of leather so soft it's wrinkly.

Like Baloo told Mogli when they were floating down the river, "Man, that's living!"

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.