header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: It’s still off-season - Fashion!

(Read 10488 times)

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: It’s still off-season - Fashion!
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2018, 06:04:43 PM »
I I can get away with it and just look like I'm ahead of the style curve. 
right
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2018, 06:16:50 PM »
they drive and handle like crap as well

so do most crossovers or SUVs or whatever you call them
My SUV drives as well as any pickup, and tows better.  Of course it's not a crossover, it's a full-sized half-ton Tahoe Z71 4x4.  It's  superior for towing boats since it has more weight over the rear wheels, and it's superior for towing RVs on long roadtrips because it has more air conditioned interior storage space for family, pets, etc.

So you can take your comment, and shove it up your corn-fed arse.

MikeDeTiger

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2018, 06:23:50 PM »
Illogical moves (as seen by others) are sometimes founded on childhood memory stuff like that ... or of course sometimes we're just illogical for no reason at all!
I can buy that.  I love the feel of grass on my bare feet, but I hardly ever go outside without shoes because my folks always told me I'd get worms if I went barefoot.  
Which, I mean, IS a thing around here, but man has it got to be uncommon with the amount of barefootedness I've always seen out of these hilljacks.  

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2018, 06:26:30 PM »
Maybe all the hilljacks have foot-worms?  How would you know?  You ever check out their feet?

As a kid I never wore shoes either.  As I've gotten older, my poor beat-up old feet require I wear them.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2018, 09:54:40 AM »
Man ya'll are a bunch of minivan hating, tender foot baking faux macho men, ain't y'all?

When my ninos were small, the missus and I acquired a series of minivans because they were voluminous but much less costly to acquire and fuel than SUVs.  Back then to get a third row (outside of the minivan field) you pretty much had to get a Suburban which cost as much as a small farm and got GPMs instead of MPGs.

So we had a 1998 Plymouth Voyager.  From 1996 to 2000, the Voyager and its sisters (the Dodge Caravan and the Chrysler T&C) were the least boxy, most teardroppy minivans ever built.  And they were ubiquitous.  Everybody had one.  

Then in 2005 we traded it off for a 2004 Pontiac Montana.  Now the Montana was a jewel.  It was so smooth, comfortable and quiet.  Had the quad bucket seats and built in DVD player.  I loved that minivan.  We'd probably still have it if some dang fool hadn't rearended us and their insurance company declared it a total loss.

So after much fighting that even required us to get a lawyer and file a claim, we finally settled and got a 2006 Saturn Relay.  It was a lot like the Montana but it just wasn't the Montana.  It was like the dog that you regrettably buy right after your beloved 15 year old dog dies.

Plymouth, Pontiac and Saturn.  Were we the kiss of death for American marquees or what?

Along about the time our oldest had cars of their own and my i s c & a w wasn't having to transport a car load anymore we traded the Relay in on a 2013 Jeep Patriot.  Now it's about time to give the youngest the Patriot and move up to acquire a Grand Cherokee or Durango or Explorer so we can pull a small travel trailer.

But often times when I travel for business , if a handful of us are having to travel, I'll rent a Dodge Caravan.  It's good stewrdship.  I got read the riot act the time I rented an Expedition so I stick with Caravans to save $10 a day and to avoid confrontations.

I love to get somebody else to drive, crawl back to the third row, pull down the shade, plug in all my devices, fold down the middle bucket to use as an ottoman and kick back.  I'll have my big drink next to me and about three vents blowing hard at me.  It's really pretty nice.   It's not a bad experience.

The worst part is that so many people are moving to Texas, Enterprise doesn't have any vehicles with Texas plates anymore so you have to drive around looking like you're some rube from Wisconsin or Arkansas.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2018, 10:25:48 AM »
I really don't cornsider myself to be a macho man, but I ain't drinking diet coke, light beer, and Zima, or driving a minivan, and certainly not wearing flip-flops, which back in my day were referred to as thongs!

of course, we didn't have the thongs of today back in the 70s.  We referred to those as wedgies or snuggies.

If y'all think that thing between yer toes feels weird or awkward, it would seem minor compared to having something between your cheeks. 
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2018, 10:40:58 AM »
I'm not gonna wear thong underwear myself that's for sure.  

But if my i s c & a aggie wife chooses to do so, well, who am I to stop her?

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2018, 11:18:58 AM »
yup, if those ladies are more worried about pantie lines than the uncomfortable feeling between their cheeks

that's their decision

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2018, 12:00:24 PM »
I really don't cornsider myself to be a macho man, but I ain't drinking diet coke, light beer, and Zima, or driving a minivan, and certainly not wearing flip-flops, which back in my day were referred to as thongs!

I drink Diet Coke.  And I do consider myself to be a macho man.  So something's gotta give.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2018, 12:09:57 PM »
do ya bite the caps off the bottles and crush the cans on the side of yer head when empty?

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2018, 12:13:45 PM »
do ya bite the caps off the bottles and crush the cans on the side of yer head when empty?

Sure, but even the wife does that.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2018, 12:48:31 PM »
hah, I'd bet your wife hits harder than Tom Hermann

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2018, 01:21:30 PM »
I forget.  She hasn't "hit" me in a while.

Mr Tulip

• Learn to love or leave me. Either one you wanna do.
  • Player
  • Non Serviam
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2018, 01:29:40 PM »
A minivan is the only way to transport a Great Dane.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.