header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Horns vs Terps

(Read 7974 times)

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Horns vs Terps
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2018, 08:56:45 AM »
The real question is......

Can we beat Tulsa?
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

Mr Tulip

• Learn to love or leave me. Either one you wanna do.
  • Player
  • Non Serviam
  • Liked:
Re: Horns vs Terps
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2018, 11:21:41 AM »
If the loss bothers you that much, keep in mind that this is why most teams play a directional vocational college for their first game.

When you crushed that team by 30 points, it's just a matter of going to the tape on Monday and telling your young d-backs, "Hey, this is what a pick play looks like. You're gonna need to recognize it and pass coverage next time!". Similarly, I can tell my young LBs, "You can't get inside-outed on these jet sweeps. You fell for the dive, then got washed out around the edge. Keep your outside shoulder free, strafe down, and funnel the runner to boundary. We've got safeties coming downhill to stop that dive!".

As it is, those plays cost Texas 21 points that they needed back later. The defense corrected their mistakes (on an unknown scheme from an unknown coach running an unknown system) after 20 minutes of game time. Even then, the results would not be so disastrous without ill timed "3rd and long" penalties keeping drives going long after they were snuffed. Unfortunately, the offense did not trust the run game, and did not do anything during this 20 minute adjustment.

The loss is galling. That's certain. However, I'm philosophically opposed to heeled teams like Texas scheduling pocket lint. Many teams played worse than Texas on Saturday, and most of them won.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.