header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: College football players and politics ....

(Read 10331 times)

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
Re: College football players and politics ....
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2018, 03:04:05 PM »
I believe offensive creeps will demean people (women included) wherever they are - be it a club, a workplace or even church.
And I believe kindly souls who practice the golden rule will treat people (especially women) with dignity and respect wherever they are - whether it’s home or a club or even a brothel.
So it’s not about the venue or the role.  It’s about the attitude.
Kindness shouldn’t switch off when we’re behind the wheel, stressed out, at a bachelor’s party or in Vegas.
I will admit I had a moment of reflection the first time I realized I was getting a table dance from a 2nd generation dancer whose mom I had lived with the year before she was born.  But hey. The child still has bills to pay and which is better spending six minutes with someone who is kindly disposed to kiss her on the cheek and be done with her?  Or some obsessed freakazoid stalker?
For great experiences waitresses and dancers should choose me every time.  I’m a nice guy and a big tipper.  And I treat everybody with the same detached interest and respect.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 03:06:41 PM by CharleyHorse46 »

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2018, 01:50:51 AM »
^^^^

Spoken like a true father of only sons and not daughters.

I'm not judging, heaven forbid, but you just can't possibly know, until you know.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2018, 09:51:25 AM »
I'm a father of only daughters and not sons.

And I don't miss too many opportunities to tell Hooky to keep his son's away from my daughters, but I do agree with his post above.
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

Hawkinole

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2018, 12:50:04 AM »
personally, i swore to defend the United States and the Constitution against enemies foreign and domestic.  That Constitution begins with the first ten amendments, which is the Bill of Rights, and which describes the protection of individual freedoms, not to be infringed, and regardless of what the majority opinion is... it's what sets us apart and makes this country great.  
i've no problem with individuals exercising their individual rights and though i strongly disagree with them they have that right and it's something we should all be proud of.  i DO have a problem with 'organizing' such an activity.... if someone wants to make a statement, good on them... if someone wants to pressure others into making statements it smells too much like mob rule- and this is the line the NFL flirted with then crossed a few times while seeking some appeasement of both sides...
if you stand for nothing you'll fall for anything.  this is their 'rights'.  i don't mind telling them i disagree with them while applauding their actions in principle.  
I have struggled with this taking a knee thing, and I have not completely formed hard opinions about it. I am not particularly upset about it. I think we probably should avoid talking politics on the basketball court, or on the football field, and generally avoid it in the workplace. On the other hand some issues may become so important public positions should be taken. Reasonable time, place and manner expressions. Is the football field controlled by your employer for a few hours on Saturday or Sunday the place to do this?
Arguably, at a public university it may be more appropriate than while in the employment of a private employer.

mcwterps1

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2018, 01:36:59 PM »
Reading a few posts here, I'm happy to know there are some reasonable people on the board.

One little thing I have a question about though after reading some posts...

I was under the impression that if you got "offended" by things you were considered a snowflake. Is that not the case in this situation? 

Asking for a friend...   

;)

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2018, 01:45:41 PM »
Reading a few posts here, I'm happy to know there are some reasonable people on the board.
I'm not sure that is a reasonable assumption.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2018, 03:35:18 PM »

One little thing I have a question about though after reading some posts...

I was under the impression that if you got "offended" by things you were considered a snowflake. Is that not the case in this situation?

Asking for a friend...  

;)
Ironic, isn’t it?
In life there are tangible issues and intangible ones.  
As long as certain people can stir up fear and umbrage about the intangible ones they can distract attention away from the tangible ones.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.