header pic

The ACC Forum at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Willie Taggart - FSU's new hire

(Read 7586 times)

Hawkinole

• Starter
  • Liked:
Willie Taggart - FSU's new hire
« on: June 17, 2018, 12:47:29 AM »
Anyone have any comments or knowledge about Willie Taggart? 
 Seems like an odd choice. FSU should be able to hire a coach with accomplishments, and his overall record is average, 47-50.
 I just read an Orlando Sentinel article about how he is embracing Bobby Bowden, and inviting him to "look over his shoulder" and freely give input. I think that's a good sign.

CatsbyAZ

• All Star
  • Liked:
Re: Willie Taggart - FSU's new hire
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 04:15:16 PM »
Taggart is a lights out recruiter, so much so it’s expected his signing classes will stay a step ahead of the Gators and Canes. I’m not sure about his in-game Xs & Os ability mostly because the year-by-year improvement at South Florida was due to the sheer conference talent advantage he recruited to Tampa. Taggart has a lot on his hands with sorting out FSU’s logjam at QB, but the good news is that he handled a somewhat similar situation at Oregon very well last season.

He’s still a bit of an unknown in the sense most of the teams he’ll face at FSU will have an inferior roster, so how will the dice roll when facing programs of mostly equal talent coupled with more seasoned coaching staffs such as those at Clemson and Miami?

Hawkinole

• Starter
  • Liked:
Re: Willie Taggart - FSU's new hire
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 05:02:44 PM »
A friend of mine who graduated from USF & FSU, told me after I posted that Willie Taggart built the USF program.
I had to remind him Jim Leavitt built the USF program. USF people must have been so down in the mouth after Skip Holtz they already forgot how good USF had been. My friend is very confident Willie Taggart will do well.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.