College Football Fan Site Area 51 @CFB51; dead nuts accurate

One community smart about college football

Civil discussion, topics, and reading of both original and aggregated news.

Author Topic: Shouldn't we do likewise?  (Read 559 times)

Online billyboy75

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:

Online gymvol

• Starter
  • Liked:
Re: Shouldn't we do likewise?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 01:33:33 PM »
We should but our government won't even kick out the illegal aliens because the democrats and establishment republicans want them here.

So much for government OF, FOR and BY THE PEOPLE.

Online VolRage

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 02:38:51 PM »
The Dems would never allow it. One, we have too many bleeding heart lunatics on the Left and their MSM that would project lies and play the politically correct crowd like a fiddle.
Two, there is high hope from the Left that as soon as the Muslim population grows enough that they’ll become more emboldened and begin mass shootings as well which will help their cause to implement massive gun control and/or registration/confiscation.

The Left once upon a time attempted to hide their agenda but now they just don’t care to continue the masquerade.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 02:51:14 PM by VolRage »

Online fuzzynavol

• seeker of passage
  • All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 07:30:50 PM »
Why stop there?  

Online VolRage

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 08:37:31 PM »
Exactly Fuzz. Kick out all Muslims and America hating and US Constitution hating liberals. The only thing that separates the two is religion. Both are hell bent on destroying America and therefore enemies of the state.

Offline katmai

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 02:40:03 AM »
I personally don't like completely disregarding the Constitution like that.  There may be more to the story, but based upon the facts in the article you linked, Austria passed a law targeting only Islam, stating that there could be no foreign funding of religious groups, and they are using that law to close the mosques and kick out the imams.  I assume that the imams are in Austria legally, and there is no mention of them breaking any other laws, or that they pose any type of threat.  If they do, then they should be prosecuted for that, not on some trumped up charge that in the US would directly trample on the First Amendment.

Online billyboy75

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 06:08:56 AM »
Islam is not a religion.  Tho it claims to be, it obviously isnt.  It is a militaristic political organization.  Even if it is a religion, it preaches hate and death, not protected by the first amendment.

Online fuzzynavol

• seeker of passage
  • All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 07:49:08 AM »
Islam is not a religion.  It is a militaristic political organization.

The two are not mutually exclusive.  

It preaches supernaturalism and promises Paradise to those who follow its doctrines.  

Sound familiar?

Even if it is a religion, it preaches hate and death

It condemns what it proclaims to be sins.  

Sound familiar?

Online VolRage

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 01:33:10 PM »
Fuzz, we all know you like to take jabs at religion but at least be intellectually honest when doing so. Islam is the only religion on earth that mandates its followers kill those who do not submit to their religion. Christians and Muslims are nothing alike.

Online fuzzynavol

• seeker of passage
  • All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 02:37:10 PM »
Fuzz, we all know you like to take jabs at religion but at least be intellectually honest when doing so.

Billy just claimed Islam isn't a religion just because it some of its adherents heed its calls for violence.  Not THAT'S intellectual dishonesty.

Islam is the only religion on earth that mandates its followers kill those who do not submit to their religion.

Christianity mandates that non-followers be subjected to an eternity of torture in Hell, does it not?  Are they really that much different?  

Christians and Muslims are nothing alike.

They're more similar than they are different.  Many present day fundamentalist Muslims are willing to inflict violence upon themselves and others in accordance with their religious doctrine, otherwise the only other significance difference I see is that Islamic culture is more conservative (oppression of women, gays, etc.).  

Otherwise, they're both a couple of archaic, preposterous fairy tales propagated by delusional charlatans in the immortality business.  

Online DunkingDan

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2018, 05:19:01 PM »

Fuzz's ignorance of Islam and Christianity is astounding 
President Harry S. Truman said: “The fundamental basis of this nation’s laws was given to Moses on the Mount.  The fundamental basis of our Bill of Rights comes from the teachings…  If we don't have the proper fundamental moral background, we will finally wind up with a totalitarian government which does not believe in rights for anybody except the state.”

Online billyboy75

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2018, 05:57:13 PM »
Mind boggling, actually.  A closed mind is impossible to change.   Liberals pride them elves on openmindedness and tolerance and education, features sadly lacking in Mr. Fuzz.

Online DunkingDan

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2018, 06:02:29 PM »
Mind boggling, actually.  A closed mind is impossible to change.   Liberals pride them elves on openmindedness and tolerance and education, features sadly lacking in Mr. Fuzz.
and many other liberals
President Harry S. Truman said: “The fundamental basis of this nation’s laws was given to Moses on the Mount.  The fundamental basis of our Bill of Rights comes from the teachings…  If we don't have the proper fundamental moral background, we will finally wind up with a totalitarian government which does not believe in rights for anybody except the state.”

Online VolRage

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2018, 06:53:32 PM »
Fuzz, we all know you like to take jabs at religion but at least be intellectually honest when doing so.

Billy just claimed Islam isn't a religion just because it some of its adherents heed its calls for violence.  Not THAT'S intellectual dishonesty.
I apologize Fuzz. I was attempting use a worldly concept of Islam so that you’d comprehend. Billy is correct. Islam is a Political and Military machine more than it’s a religion. It uses overly religious Muslims to fulfill their agenda.

Islam is the only religion on earth that mandates its followers kill those who do not submit to their religion.

Christianity mandates that non-followers be subjected to an eternity of torture in Hell, does it not?  Are they really that much different?  
Christianity does not MANDATE non-followers be subjected to Hell. You have choices in life and each choice has consequences. God does not send people to Hell. He’d love nothing more than for everyone to accept Christ as their savior and live life aspiring to strive to be Christ like more and more each day. People send themselves to Hell.

Christians and Muslims are nothing alike.

They're more similar than they are different.  Many present day fundamentalist Muslims are willing to inflict violence upon themselves and others in accordance with their religious doctrine, otherwise the only other significance difference I see is that Islamic culture is more conservative (oppression of women, gays, etc.).
So, in your mind oppression of women and gays is considered ultra conservative. Look out. Fuzz just flew over the coo-coo’s nest.

Otherwise, they're both a couple of archaic, preposterous fairy tales propagated by delusional charlatans in the immortality business.
I can’t force you to believe in God and nor does the Bible mandate I murder you for your beliefs. Like I said above, God will not send you to Hell. You will send you to Hell. To believe that the earth, sky, stars, moon, sun, animals, plants, and humans derived from nothing takes more faith than for me to believe it was by design by our Creator.  

Online fuzzynavol

• seeker of passage
  • All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2018, 06:54:07 PM »
Mind boggling, actually.

I find it mind boggling that a man who claims to be an attorney can't put together a cogent explanation of his positions.

Liberals pride them elves on openmindedness and tolerance and education, features sadly lacking in Mr. Fuzz.

Why don't you quote something I've said that you disagree with, and explain why.  You know, like they do in court.  I don't have any expectation that Dan will have anything coherent to say, but I would expect a better debate from you.  

Online fuzzynavol

• seeker of passage
  • All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2018, 07:05:17 PM »
Billy is correct. Islam is a Political and Military machine more than it’s a religion.

He didn't say it's "more" a political and military machine, he said that's all it is - and not a religion.  That's patently absurd and inarguably false, and when I called him out on it he called me "close-minded."  Islam is theocratic, so it's religious doctrines pervade its politics.  

Christianity does not MANDATE non-followers be subjected to Hell. You have choices in life and each choice has consequences.

The same game could be played with Islamism then.  Islam does not MANDATE you adopt its beliefs, you are just subject to being murdered it you don't.  It's a "choice."

See?  Two can play that game.   

God does not send people to Hell.

Judgement Day is a myth?  

His rules send people to Hell (according to the fairy tale).

He’d love nothing more than for everyone to accept Christ as their savior and live life aspiring to strive to be Christ like more and more each day. 

Allah would love nothing more than for everyone to subscribe to Islam, too.  

So, in your mind oppression of women and gays is considered ultra conservative.

That's not "in my mind" that's a fact.  Sorry you're out-of-step with what conservative actually means and you got swept up with the Reagan/Limbaugh populist revolution of the 80's. 

I can’t force you to believe in God

You can't force yourself, either.  

and nor does the Bible mandate I murder you for your beliefs.

Yes, the religious doctrines have their differences.

You will send you to Hell.

What a cop-out.  Typical of Christians who don't have the intellectual integrity to admit their own doctrines or where they came from.  

Online DunkingDan

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2018, 07:39:31 PM »
Fuzz's doubles down on showing his ignorance about Islam and Christianity  :34:

Online billyboy75

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2018, 08:18:44 PM »
He isnt familiar with the concept of abrogation.    The New Testament trumps the old.  New replaces old.  The newer verses in the Koran extolling the compelling murder and a host of other barbaric actions trump the older peaceful verses.  Common knowledge for anyone who has studied the koran and especially the hadiths and other supplemental sources.  

Bottom line is Christianity preaches and teaches peace, love and forgiveness.   Islam teaches war, hate and revenge.  No such thing as brotherly love in the Koran.  It permeates the New Testament, which abrogates the Old.

It is akin to saying that daylight and dark and the same.  It is patently absurd to anyone with a minimal understanding of both.

Online billyboy75

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2018, 08:25:16 PM »
Fuzz, spend a few hours reading the excerpts from the Koran and the hadiths easily found at:

thereligionofpeace.com

It isnt a religion.  It is a murderous military movement determined to conquer the world by force and to return us to the dark ages.  Men are dominant, women serve and keep quiet and obey or they die.  

In Christianity, none of us can earn heaven.  There is a pathway, but it isnt earned on good works.  It is a gift arising from forgiveness.  God is loving and forgiving, and the pathway is wide.

In Islam, the only way to get to heaven is to earn it.  The only pathway is human perfection, and the good work rewarded above all other is to kill infidels in the name of the "religion."  God is mean and vengeful, and the pathway is extremely narrow.  Allah enjoys that the vast majority of muslims and all infidels burn in hell forever.

Online billyboy75

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2018, 08:28:45 PM »
I will make it easy for anyone who thinks Islam is a religion:

https://thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/violence.aspx

Online billyboy75

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
Comparing Islam to Christianity
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2018, 08:31:59 PM »

Online DunkingDan

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2018, 06:48:44 PM »
Fuzz, spend a few hours reading the excerpts from the Koran and the hadiths easily found at:

thereligionofpeace.com

It isnt a religion.  It is a murderous military movement determined to conquer the world by force and to return us to the dark ages.  Men are dominant, women serve and keep quiet and obey or they die.  

In Christianity, none of us can earn heaven.  There is a pathway, but it isnt earned on good works.  It is a gift arising from forgiveness.  God is loving and forgiving, and the pathway is wide.

In Islam, the only way to get to heaven is to earn it.  The only pathway is human perfection, and the good work rewarded above all other is to kill infidels in the name of the "religion."  God is mean and vengeful, and the pathway is extremely narrow.  Allah enjoys that the vast majority of muslims and all infidels burn in hell forever.
The religion of peace it ain't

Online fuzzynavol

• seeker of passage
  • All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2018, 11:59:12 PM »

The newer verses in the Koran extolling the compelling murder and a host of other barbaric actions trump the older peaceful verses.

I have never argued that Islam is a religion of peace, or defended it in any way.

Bottom line is Christianity preaches and teaches peace, love and forgiveness.

If only that were all it preaches.

Islam teaches war, hate and revenge.  

Of course all religious theologies differ.  Just because one is different from Christianity doesn't make it any less a religion.  How arrogant.    

You haven't answered any of the points of my prior rebuttal.  Is that how you conduct yourself in court?  What - do you attend the same country club as all the local judges so it doesn't really matter whether you can put together a cogent argument?  

Online billyboy75

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2018, 06:49:26 AM »
Did you bother to go to the website I posted?

If so, how much time did you spend reading?

Which topics, just the two i posted, or others?  There are many others.

Online fuzzynavol

• seeker of passage
  • All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2018, 01:05:31 PM »

Did you bother to go to the website I posted?

I'm sure there are no surprises there.  

As you posted yourself, Islam promises immortality to those who adhere to its doctrines, just like Christianity does.  Of course the doctrines differ, as one would expect with different supernaturalist religions.  And I concede that Islamic doctrine is causing the world more problems in the present day.  

To the free thinker, Islam is the ultra-conservative, violently aggressive twin to his self-righteous hypocrite brother, Christianity.  To the Christian, Islam is an embarrassment to religious belief (not that its fairy tales are any more preposterous), so he falsely claims it isn't a religion at all.  

As President Bill Clinton once said, "that dog won't hunt."  

Online P1tchBlack

• Captain Obvious?
  • All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2018, 01:20:12 PM »
I say emphatically, YES.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5820445/Austrias-right-wing-government-plans-shut-mosques-expel-imams.html
If a person from a foreign country, regardless of religion, is here, not a citizen and breaks a law that justifies deportation, yes, they should be shipped out.  America doesn't deport people because of religion or beliefs.  Nazi Germany might, but not the US.  No, we can't put them in camps either.....

Online billyboy75

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2018, 01:22:40 PM »

Online Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2018, 02:02:02 PM »
Islam answers to it's Imams, whom are directed by their councils and jurisprudence.  this is a centralized power that exists in the cradle, which is the holy cities of Riyadh and Mecca.   Even the Shi'a answer in the same manner, but to grand ayatollah's.  take your choice, they both cite destruction of the west, specifically Israel and the U.S..  

a muslim follower places allegiance to islam above all else, else face apostate.  

this destroys the argument whether religious or ideological, as the same threat is presented and to the same ends.  

they gotta go.  the sooner it is widely recognized that Islam is an ideological cult masquerading as a religion where the very few are empowered by the remainder, much like some tyrannical world governments, and are hungry for absolute power as described by their interpretation of 'holy text' and that alone (hello, islamic jurisprudence and sharia) the sooner we can get busy eliminating it as the destructive force it is. 

Online billyboy75

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2018, 02:05:06 PM »

Online P1tchBlack

• Captain Obvious?
  • All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2018, 02:07:26 PM »
It is not a religion:

https://pjmedia.com/blog/is-islam-a-religion/
That's one person's opinion.  There are a lot of people that believe that these are Muslim extremists and their violence, in their minds, is done in the name of god.  Either way, we don't deport people for having thoughts, unless those thoughts translate into breaking the law.

Support the Site:
Please Search Amazon from here! No cost to you yet covers some of our expenses!