Topic: Lock of the Week

(Read 17077 times)

bamajoe

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: Lock of the Week (1)
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2017, 08:07:00 AM »
Damn. I must be a frigging genius. I was right about all four games including my lock who won by 30+ points. :91:

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: Lock of the Week (1)
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2017, 05:20:40 PM »
that was a clean sweep, Joe... you're hot this season so far!!!

bamajoe

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: Lock of the Week
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2017, 01:16:59 PM »
Well it is time again to get ze ole crystal out agin and see whut it says. If you had bet the house the first week and the farm the second you would now have two houses and two farms. This week you can bet the boat.

I have looked at the list this week and it is much tougher than the candy that was all over the place last week.There are still a number of good plays out there such as Minnesota -8.5 at home versus MTSU. Minny should be able to cover based on how they handled Oregon State and how MTSU got slammed by Vandy. I would take Minny and give the points.

Sorry Drew but I think Florida despite their miserable performance against Michigan should be able to handle Tennessee at home and cover Danny's 5.5 points. I did not like Tennessee's performance against Georgia Tech. I would take Florida and give the points.

I would also take OSU giving Army 30.5 at the Horseshoe. Ohio State is down after getting smacked and how will this team react to adversity. Army will feel the wrath. Take OSU.

Those are all good plays but not my lock. I am going to take a team that is 0-2 and on the road. That would be NC-7.5 at Old Dominion. NC played even with Louisville for three quarters and are due for a breakout against a cupcake. Take NC and give the points. They have too many good players. This is my lock.  

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2017, 01:28:11 PM »
sniping teams i have attachment to is difficult at best, Joe... I like to think I'm reasonable.  UT @ UF doesn't feel right to me.  I expect it to be played tight- and just when i say that someone takes the scoreboard operator to task. 

all the same, I expect UF by 10 (if not 14)- but i don't think it'll happen because of their O.  QD, UT's QB, has a tendency to stare down passers and not check... i've seen him check off ONCE this season thus far... I've seen him throw into coverage (I'm NOT talking about one defender, either, but multiple) at least five times.  I've made the comment each time "he won't get by with that against UF"... and i mean it.  He won't.  but, he's encountered nothing to discourage him from trying against the Sycamore's and the Jacket's.  He threw two intercepts Saturday, but they were just boneheaded passes.  all of this means, to cut to the chase: UF will have at least 14pts off t/o's, likely pick 6's.  I don't expect any yardage for UT to come easy... I DO expect, however, that UT will get at least one score via special teams- a return either KO or punt.  Fil-Aimes, Berry, or Calloway are all dangerous returners, even against the gator's. 

bamajoe

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2017, 01:54:17 PM »
I think QB play with both teams' starters young, untested and prone to mistakes should be fairly even. The difference I think is in the defensive lines. Tech pushed Tennessee all over the field with impunity and Florida's o-line should be comparable to Tech's. I know Michigan o-line ate up and spit out Florida's d-line but Tech is not Michigan.That along with 3/4 points for home field advantage gives Florida the advantage, imo.  

bamajoe

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2017, 04:36:35 PM »
I have looked at Danny Sheridan's numbers for this week and there are three games I see as good plays. I think Notre Dame -4 at Michigan State is a good play. Notre Dame played Georgia well and I think they cover.

I like Nebraska -11.5 at home against a miserable Rutgers team. I know Nebraska is not a strong team but should cover as they are due to have a decent game.

My lock is South Carolina -8 at home against Louisiana Tech. I know South Carolina lost their best player but they should handle Louisiana.

Fwiw, I'm 9-0 on these predictions.

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2017, 08:00:46 PM »
you're running a tight ship this year, Sir!!!! keep it up!!!

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2017, 07:17:31 AM »
My lock is South Carolina -8 at home against Louisiana Tech. I know South Carolina lost their best player but they should handle Louisiana.

Fwiw, I'm 9-0 on these predictions.
Hmm,if I call this play in that would put you at a still respectable 9-1.J/K fine work Joe see if I can contibute
Suburbia:Where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them.

bamajoe

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2017, 03:52:50 PM »
Nubbz, you could be correct. I would love to have your takes on games.

Cincydawg

• Oracle of Piedmont Park
  • Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Oracle of Piedmont Park
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2017, 09:24:37 AM »
I think I am running an 0-fer.  Bamajoe has missed one game only so far?

South Caroline escaped and didn't cover, I think that's it.

bamajoe

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2017, 04:59:00 PM »
Well, guys, the winning streak had to end. Maybe, I can start a new one this weekend. I have looked at Danny's numbers and they are really difficult this weekend. There is one that I think is a real good play. Take Texas and give up 4.5 points at Iowa State. I think Texas is on the verge of becoming a good team.

bamajoe

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2017, 04:27:31 PM »
Well, I've already won this one since it was a Thursday night game. I hope yall had time to bet and rake in the big bucks. I am going to give you a couple more. I like USC - 5 at Washington State and FSU-7 at Wake Forrest.

bamajoe

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2017, 09:01:51 AM »
I'm a little late this week as I have been vacationing down at Hilton Head. Last week I got a little bit too arrogant and after correctly predicting Texas' over Iowa State I added two more; a loss and a push. So I went 1-1-1. I am now officially in a slump.

I have looked at Danny's numbers and I think I see one. LSU has looked very poor this year with terrible outings against Miss State, Syracuse and Troy. Florida has not been a world beater with a poor outing against Michigan and narrow wins over Kentucky and Tennessee. Nevertheless, Florida believes they can win and are playing at home. Take Florida and give the 2.5 points. It's a lock.

bamajoe

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2017, 03:52:54 PM »
I didn't do one last week because I was kind of bummed out after missing the Florida-LSU game. I picked Florida but they figured out a way to lose. I have looked at Danny's numbers and I have one that is a guarantee and easy money; Georgia Tech is only -5.5 at home against Wake. Take Tech.  There is no way Wake can keep up with Tech.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.