header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Weakness of certain B1G teams

(Read 7673 times)

MaximumSam

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: Weakness of certain B1G teams
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2017, 01:01:51 PM »
Curious as to how they rotate guy.  McCall always seemed like a big hitter and I wonder if his move to H-back is to get him on the field the most.  Otherwise why not keep him at running back with Weber nursing injury?  Also sounds like Austin Mack is starting, which is mildly surprising.

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2017, 01:11:21 PM »
I was surprised also,appears he's having a good fall camp.Bummed that Burrow broke his right hand would've like to see him get more snaps.McCall(Run DMC) is on the light side for every down type back
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 01:14:51 PM by MrNubbz »
Suburbia:Where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them.

Honestbuckeye

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2017, 04:55:29 PM »
Curious as to how they rotate guy.  McCall always seemed like a big hitter and I wonder if his move to H-back is to get him on the field the most.  Otherwise why not keep him at running back with Weber nursing injury?  Also sounds like Austin Mack is starting, which is mildly surprising.

I think that's the idea, plus he can do both, plus....they are quietly really pumped about this kid jk Dobbins that backs up Weber.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
-Mark Twain

Big Beef Tacosupreme

• Player
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2017, 09:08:40 AM »
For Michigan,  Their most experienced returning wide receiver caught less than 200 yards.   They do have a lot of recruiting stars, but I think the consensus is right.  Michigan's receivers may be good someday, but perhaps not this year.

As for quoting the heights of receivers, Rutgers has 8 wide receivers taller than 6'0.  Penn State has 9.  I'm not sure that's a good indicator of talent.  Heck, I'm not even sure recruiting stars are a good indicator of talent.  However, given that Michigan has recruited 9 wide receivers over the last 2 years, I do believe they will find some quality young players.

Temp430

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2017, 09:18:35 AM »
"For Michigan,  Their most experienced returning wide receiver caught less than 200 yards.   They do have a lot of recruiting stars, but I think the consensus is right.  Michigan's receivers may be good someday, but perhaps not this year."

Perhaps.  Quite excited and happy that the Michigan youngsters get to experience a white out in Beaver Stadium playing the reigning Big Ten champ....and team so loaded with talent.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 09:24:54 AM by Temp430 »
A decade of Victory over Penn State.

All in since 1969

Big Beef Tacosupreme

• Player
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2017, 09:50:03 AM »
The quote thing isn't working...but:

Penn State has talent on offense.  I am really worried about their defense.  They have an excellent secondary, but the rest of the defense is suspect.  Not like down-7-linebackers bad, but not great, either. 

Michigan won't need great wide receivers to beat Penn State.  Just a good offensive line.

Hawkinole

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2017, 01:30:51 AM »
Iowa's secondary is better, even without the starting cornerback, than expected.

Iowa's QB can pass well, but his overall performance was a weakness.

The receivers seemed to be in better position than they have been in past years.

As for Big Beef Tacosupreme's issues with Penn State -- I didn't see any weaknesses today.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.