header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Texas vs West Virginia

(Read 4269 times)

TexasFan

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Texas vs West Virginia
« on: March 04, 2018, 09:12:01 AM »
Yesterday was a good all around.  The baseball team won its double header and the women's basketball team won as well.  As far as the men's team, yesterday was a must win.   We still need to win at least one game in the conference tournament is my guess to be a lock for the field of 64. 

http://texassports.com/news/2018/3/3/mens-basketball-upsets-no-20-19-west-virginia-in-overtime-87-79.aspx

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: Texas vs West Virginia
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 05:28:41 PM »
I'm not sure what the point is in getting into the tourney, if you know the team is so average-to-bad that it's not going to win games in the tourney.

I mean, I'd always rather see the Longhorns win than lose, in any sport, but this team is really hard to watch.  I guess that's all I should say, anything further would be even more debbie downer.  But of course I'll always hope for them to win.

Mr Tulip

• Learn to love or leave me. Either one you wanna do.
  • Player
  • Non Serviam
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 09:49:05 AM »
Well, the Texas basketball team isn't pathetic. No one will mistake them for contenders, but they can still win games. Making the NCAA tournament is the goal of most of the teams in collegiate basketball.
I'd be pleased if it turned out that the Big 12 really was a murderer's row, and that Texas was nationally better than their record. After losing one scorer to cancer and another to oddball illegal payment accusations, it'd be great to get out of opening weekend and into the Sweet 16 (assuming Mo Bamba's toe permits). That'd be thrilling to see!
I concede that's stretching credulity. Anything longer than that breaks credulity altogether.

TexasFan

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 04:16:40 PM »
Your both right.  I would like to see Texas win at least one game in the ncaa tournament.  Something they have not done in sometime I believe.  

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.