header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Big 12 Sports Commentary

(Read 19010 times)

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
Re: Big 12 Sports Commentary
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2018, 07:42:21 PM »
And for a guy who likes Texas’s traditional football unis and hates the basketball teams fondness of black unis or trim, I enjoy seeing how the baseball team mixes it up.  The creams are a great look.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2018, 11:20:34 AM »

Speaking of basketball, how's Rick Barnes doing at Tennessee.

Shaka sucks.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2018, 07:01:36 PM »
Don't disagree that Shaka has disappointed.

But Barnes sucked here, too.

I'm in favor of canceling the entire men's basketball program and putting those resources into fielding a new men's ice hockey team.  We could dome Memorial Stadium and have the largest ice hockey arena in the world.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2018, 09:53:22 AM »
and pump in some A/C for those September games
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2018, 10:57:02 PM »
Horns just snapped SHS’s 9 game winning streak.  I like our chances against oSu this weekend.  The Cowboys team this year doesn’t seem to be up to the usual standards of their proud and respectable traditions.  Let’s hope we don’t allow them to right their ship at our expense.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2018, 08:33:49 AM »
I wanted to go down for the game but had to take kids to various soccer practices and dance lessons.  I'll probably hit the Disch this weekend for at least one game against the Pokes.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2018, 09:22:59 AM »
I wanted to go down for the game but had to take kids to various soccer practices and dance lessons.  I'll probably hit the Disch this weekend for at least one game against the Pokes.

Been there, done that.  Takes up a large part of ones life for what seems like forever but it ends all too soon.  And I can't help thinking how money is tied in there too.  When kids are small there's never enough time OR money because even if there's a lot coming in, there's a lot going out too.  It's all earmarked.
Then all of a sudden, the kids are grown or at least somewhat independent.  You still have expenses but there are fewer mouths to feed and it seems like more money's coming in than ever before.  You have time and money and your hands and you think, "Where was all this time and money when I could've used it."
Crazy how life takes a person or a couple from one stage in life to another.  Some last for decades but not indefinitely.
I'd love to get down to see the Horns take on the Cowboys.  I'd love to get down to the Saturday game so I can see them in their stunning creams instead of the Friday whites or Sunday pinstripes.  But lord only knows what I'll be doing Saturday.  I could be laying tile or building a pergola.   
If I can reach a satisfying level of production early and feel justified in knocking off, I'll text you Junior.  If we happen to be there at the same time, I'll buy you a beer.
It could happen.  I'd say there's a good 30 to 40% chance.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2018, 11:06:07 AM »
I like the pinstripes most
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2018, 11:32:23 AM »
I like the pinstripes most
Augie did too I would imagine.
I miss the cursive script on the home whites in the Gus era but you know... I believe he ushered in the current whites with the separate black shadow below the burnt orange numbers in letters during the late '80s so I guess they're traditional.
I like the font on the creams though.  Nice.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2018, 12:14:34 PM »
I like our grays, too.  Haven't seen those in a while but I'm certainly not catching every game these days.

And I'll look out for you Slick, if you're around.  Saturday is probably my most likely, though I'm not ruling out Friday night just yet.  

I don't mind carting the kids around, I do my best to enjoy each phase of their lives and this is a fun one. My 10yo daughter loves dance and for the first time ever expressed an interest in playing soccer so she'll be doing that this year.  And my 8yo son likes soccer well enough and is doing that, but also now wants to play football so I'll put him in flag football next Fall and we'll see where that goes.  He's pretty darn athletic, much moreso than I ever was.  And they both enjoy Scouting as well.  I enjoy watching their games/performances, and participating in their other activities like Cub Scout campouts and Pinewood Derby.

It's all good.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2018, 03:42:29 PM »
.... My 10yo daughter loves dance....
Good for her.  She may end up being president or curing cancer but if her highest ambitions don't pan out, the Rose will always be hiring.

:88:

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2018, 04:44:02 PM »
I knew you'd say something like that.  So very, very predictable.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2018, 09:44:55 AM »
keep her away from his sons
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2018, 11:02:05 AM »
I've got a shotgun and a shovel, and am happy to use both.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.