header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Sooners - FAU recap

(Read 4312 times)

Thumper

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Sooners - FAU recap
« on: September 02, 2018, 09:55:33 AM »
Short take:  everything went the Sooners way.
I really expected this to be a decent game.  I was afraid the Sooners would start slowly as they have done on so many Labor Day weekends but, after a penalty filled first possession by the Owls, the Sooners took charge.  I wasn't surprised that the Sooner OL dominated but the DL play surprised me.  For a long time OU relied on an edge rusher (Striker, OBO) to generate pressure that it was odd to see the DL disrupting things.  
I expected Singletary to gash the Sooners but he was held to 69 yards on 18 carries.  He had one good 26 yard run but that was it.
Sooners passed for 300+ and rushed for 300+.  Most of the offensive starters were out before halftime.  Rodney Anderson got only 5 carries before he was lifted but he had 105 yards.
A lot of freshmen played and they did well especially starters Ronnie Perkins, Bookie, and Ryan Jones.  Drake Stoops didn't start but contributed with two catches and a highlight block.  He became the first true freshman walkon in OU history to record an offensive stat.  The new redshirt rule allowed Coach Riley to let a lot of guys play, I think they announced 21 freshmen played.

Best tackle for the Owls was by the Umpire but many think he should have called targeting on himself.

https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/video/1311265859789

Next up is UCLA who lost to Cincy yesterday.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.