College Football Fan Site Area 51 @CFB51; dead nuts accurate

One community smart about college football

Civil discussion, topics, and reading of both original and aggregated news.

Author Topic: OT- fictional football characters  (Read 2473 times)

Online CharleyHorse46

• Player
  • Liked:
Re: OT- fictional football characters
« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2018, 07:42:07 PM »
What kind of car did you drive, BC?   I’m trying figure out if we would’ve been buds are sworn enemies.

Actually... i was pretty simple minded back in the day.   I liked everybody except the current gf’s exes.   There seemed to be an obligation to hate them.   Not sure why.

Online CharleyHorse46

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2018, 07:52:11 PM »
And too soon mullet guy.  I hated too soon mullet guy.

I wore my hair to my shoulders until the summer of 1980 when I decided to follow Glenn Frey’s lead on the Long Run album and cut it short and go preppy.  And thus I was until around the time of Steve Perry’s Oh Sherry video  (1984) when I decided to grow a mullet which I wore until about 1990 or1991 when I decided to go with a long banged grown out bowl cut I could shake into place with a toss of the head.

Yeah I was that guy and I hated pre-Oh Sherry mullet guy with a fashion.

What I loved however were the green haired mohawk Drag kids of the early 80s.   They just wanted to be different but ironically there were so freak8ng many of them.

Online utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2018, 12:04:53 AM »
Steve Perry was wearing a mullet before Oh Sherry.  He was pretty much all long-hair for Escape, but for just about every video off Frontiers, he was sporting that classic Perry-mullet.

So what makes his first solo hit the distinguishing break in time for you?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 12:09:12 AM by utee94 »

Online BrownCounty

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2018, 08:50:05 AM »
What kind of car did you drive, BC?   I’m trying figure out if we would’ve been buds are sworn enemies.
I drove my mom's Pontiac Catalina for almost a year.  (Got a "hardship" license at 15)  Saved a little dough and bought a '79 Z28.  My dad co-signed for me.  Black on black, gold striping.  Put Cragar mags on it and those stupid aluminum louvers on the back window.  Installed Pioneer sound system.

If I wasn't driving that car, I would sometimes just sit in the yard and stare at it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 08:54:03 AM by BrownCounty »

Online BrownCounty

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: January 31, 2018, 08:52:50 AM »
And too soon mullet guy.  I hated too soon mullet guy.
I may have been too soon mullet guy.  I wore my hair long but I also enjoyed the punk rocker look on top.

If you think about it, that's really kinda what a mullet came to be.  The punk rock look combined with the hard rocker look.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 08:56:50 AM by BrownCounty »

Online BrownCounty

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2018, 08:55:52 AM »
Steve Perry was wearing a mullet before Oh Sherry.  He was pretty much all long-hair for Escape, but for just about every video off Frontiers, he was sporting that classic Perry-mullet.
Infinity thru Frontiers was a good run for Journey.

Online utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2018, 09:06:03 AM »
Indeed it was.  Raised on Radio and the Visionquest Soundtrack had some good Journey tunes, too.  But for complete whole albums, that Infinity-Frontiers run is hard to top.

Support the Site:
Please Search Amazon from here! No cost to you yet covers some of our expenses!