header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: OT- fictional football characters

(Read 64286 times)

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
Re: OT- fictional football characters
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2018, 11:11:56 AM »
Can't really trust anything associated with Brownwood.  Underwood's BBQ is among the very worst
Bait taken.

Underwood's is macro BBQ served in a cafeteria setting.  Lemon's or Smitty's is the real thing.
Only use I have for Underwood's is to pick up a bucket of chicken.  Highly recommended for that purpose.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2018, 11:14:06 AM »
fried chicken or BBQ'd?
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2018, 11:18:58 AM »
fried chicken or BBQ'd?
Fried.  Avoid any BBQ at Underwood's unless held at gunpoint.  In that case, order brisket and smother it with sauce.
There's not enough sauce in Texas to help any of the other meats.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2018, 11:27:59 AM »
Dickey's has got to be really good BBQ

made it as far north as Omaha - notice the snow in the pic

Oh bless your heart.  No.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2018, 11:42:52 AM »
Yeah yeah, we've all had the Underwood's discussion before. :)

To be fair, I've never actually been to the Underwood's in Brownwood, only the ones in Austin mentioned by Slick in his erroneously posted message to the other thread.  They were both pretty bad, but I can't really count that against the original Underwood's in Brownwood. ;)

But I'll take T95's word for it that even that one doesn't make good BBQ, but does make good fried chicken.  The same has always been true of the Bill Miller chain of restaurants.  Truly horrible BBQ, but very good fried chicken.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2018, 11:49:19 AM »
Bill Millers makes passable breakfast tacos and really good french fries if you eat french fries.  I try not to.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2018, 11:53:58 AM »
Now I have a hankering for barbecue.

First Sunday of the month is coming up.  Maybe I'll take fam to Smokey Mo's after church.

I always like to buy the ninos and their gfs lunch on the first Sunday of the month.   It gives them an incentive to go to church, get their heart right, take communion.

Can't hurt.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2018, 12:01:14 PM »

You saint, you.

Lusting after the nino's gf's while all along just trying to get them in church.

A fair compromise of uncontrollable earthly instinct vs. trying to get your act together.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2018, 12:13:39 PM »
Like all things in life, balance and moderation are key.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2018, 12:19:22 PM »
Now I have a hankering for barbecue.

First Sunday of the month is coming up.  Maybe I'll take fam to Smokey Mo's after church.

I always like to buy the ninos and their gfs lunch on the first Sunday of the month.   It gives them an incentive to go to church, get their heart right, take communion.

Can't hurt.
do the GFs wear dresses to church?
can't hurt
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2018, 12:28:58 PM »
Nah.  It's a very casual church.

This time of the year the ninos gfs wear snug jeans they have wriggle up by the belt loops every 3 minutes.

But shorts season is coming up fast.  It'll start about march and last through October.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2018, 12:32:34 PM »
I don't remember previous generations of girls wriggling up their jeans by the belt loops as much as this generation of girls do. Maybe it's the cell phone in the back pocket working against them.

It's a cute little shimmy though.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2018, 12:34:50 PM »
gentlemen shouldn't wear hats or caps inside Bonedaddy's but it's ok to wear jeans to church?

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2018, 12:35:42 PM »
hah, previous generation wore hip hugger jeans

no shimmy required

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.