@mentioning people by name
header pic

College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!! The Best FREE College Football Forum on the Internet!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: @mentioning people by name

(Read 1305 times)

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • All Star
  • Liked:
@mentioning people by name
« on: February 06, 2017, 02:53:07 PM »
if you want to mention a member (presumably to notify them via email they're being talked about) post it by preceding their user name with an 'at' symbol...

as in [member=3]drewactual[/member]

when you use it, you'll notice the username list pops up and drills down as you start typing the name- which is clever so you don't have to remember how it's spelled or waste time typing it out- but maybe bad if users have similar names and you choose the wrong one.

this will dispatch an email to the user giving them a heads up their name is being used in vane.... or they have an admirer... or 'sumpthin like that. 

rolltidefan

• Global Moderator
  • Player
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: @mentioning people by name
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 03:03:39 PM »
just fyi, i'm getting no popup when doing this. i'm using firefox with popup blockers it that makes a difference.

drewactual

• Administrator
  • Walk On
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 03:06:19 PM »
[member=12]rolltidefan[/member]

i didn't have the permissions set up right... I bet it's working now!  you should have a notice under 'profile' at the top of the page, and you should have received an email....

i can see this one being abused.... i'll keep an eye on it.

rolltidefan

• Global Moderator
  • Player
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 10:19:26 AM »
@drew4utk
this still a thing? not getting the list of members anymore.

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 11:33:37 AM »
@rolltidefan , it should be working.... does for me... i need to check permissions and see if an update may have reset it.  i also need to make a habit out of logging in as a user to make sure you guys are getting all the bells and whistles too... 

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 11:39:22 AM »
@rolltidefan i fixed it... you were right.  it was my fault.  i adjusted 'regular members' and figured it would cover moderators too, but it didn't.  so.. flipped the switch and it should be back for you now. 

rolltidefan

• Global Moderator
  • Player
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 01:29:30 PM »
@Drew4UTk worked well. thanks

Amazon:
Support the Site:
Please Search Amazon from here!