header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: longhorns... bball game tonight...

(Read 8773 times)

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
Re: longhorns... bball game tonight...
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2018, 01:53:56 PM »
College girls are like campfires. They’re mesmerizing to watch, pleasant to be around and smell good.  They can even leave their lingering scent on you. But you always have to keep in mind that if you poke em with something it’s liable to get burned.
I like the way so many wear short dresses or skirts to games nowadays.  Most of the Texas games I went to were in the 60s, 70s and 80s.  Chicas worr jeans back then.
Then I got married, had a bunch of kids and was so poor I didn’t even have two nickels to rub together.  Now 25 years later, it’s different.
Sam ehlinger continues to unimpress me.  I’m beginning to suspect he’s not very smart.
It’s a shame Herman isn’t willing to play the better card he was dealt.
so why the Sam E feelings
did he not impress in the spring game
I have not watched it yet
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2018, 10:15:46 PM »
The kid has moxie.  I imagine he’d run into a brick wall a hunnerd times if he thought that’s what it took.
But Buechelle, Rising and especially Thompson all seem a bit football-smarter.  Like maybe we should run around the wall or toss the ball over it.
I don’t know the kid and my opinion in just that - an arbitrary opinion based on a sampling of impressions.   Maybe I’m misjudging him.
Maybe I was just hoping I’d see signs that Ehlinger was playing smarter this year.  Maybe I didn’t see what I was hoping to see.
Herman seems to want a tough QB. His offense is fitted to a tough QB.  Bechelle would be better served by a different offense, IMO.  Maybe Rising would too.  I liked what I saw in Thompson.  Ehlinger is probably the best fit for Herman’s offense but I honestly do not believe he’s the best QB on the team.  Texas will probably be fine overall but Ehlingers boneheadedness will probably make us all cursing alcoholics.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2018, 08:52:56 AM »
I didn't watch the game.  I've found that I have no use for spring games, they tend to just mislead me about the upcoming season, so I don't bother with them anymore.

Mr Tulip

• Learn to love or leave me. Either one you wanna do.
  • Player
  • Non Serviam
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2018, 11:49:58 AM »
Spring games are dog and pony shows for fans. They actually waste a practice that the head coach would probably want to deploy differently. You don't learn much. We only watch because its the last football we'll see until September.

Lil'Jordan Humphries wants to play. He's strong, smart, and can get the football from any starting position on the field. He'll really help the offense. Colin Johnson can be un-coverable 1 on 1 if he wants. He can jump up and catch anything. 

Past that, the offense is reliant on an offensive line that we haven't seen yet. Adding Calvin Johnson at LT should cause an upgrade ripple. There are many moving pieces who should provide depth and versatility. However, like a lot of "shoulds" in life, none of this has happened yet. All the "skill" players on offense are wasted until that happens.

The defense has to be contained by the coach. Otherwise, they'll kill someone. Todd Orlando has at least 3 players that can pass rush from anywhere his sick mind decides to send them. If he arrives at a secondary combination, the defense won't drop far. 

I'm not glossing over the "offensive line" bit. That's like saying, "This car will really go fast - as long as the engine block isn't cracked...".

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2018, 12:58:15 PM »
After reading Doppel's post, I googled dog & pony shows to comport my wild imagination.

Not quite as scandalous or risqué as I had hoped. Just a small traveling circus.

But why dogs?  Why ponies?

Why not a raccoon and penguin show?

I'd go see that.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2018, 02:03:01 PM »
or puppies and horses?
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2018, 03:06:00 PM »
kittens and rhinos could be interesting.  

You'd definitely want a very high ratio of kittens to rhinos though.   Maybe 600 kittens and three rhinos.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2018, 03:10:09 PM »
Crocodiles and Monkeys!
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2018, 03:11:02 PM »
Possums and raccoons.  Put several of each in a cage, along with a dumpster full of old food, and see what happens.

If I had to wild-guess it, I'd say that it was a "dog and pony" show because it was cheap entertainment.  Dogs are plentiful and easily trained, whilst ponies are in the process of being trained but have not yet grown into their most useful form as a beast of burden.

But, that's completely out of my arse based on maybe 5% historical accuracy and 95% pure conjecture.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2018, 03:12:52 PM »

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2018, 04:40:33 PM »
I don't see how crocodiles could play baseball.  As a matter of fact the only sports I can see crocodiles participating in would be swimming, very short dashes and perhaps hurdles, as the hurdles themselves.

Monkeys could definitely play baseball.  Dogs could field and run down baserunners but they would need help with pitching and relays and they would definitely need DHs.   Raccoons could probably swing a bat and maybe pitch.  They would require a lot of coaching but in time a team made up of dogs and raccoons could probably develop into light competition for monkeys.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2018, 04:59:09 PM »
written and illustrated by a couple Angels

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2018, 05:21:50 PM »
Angel Krishna.   What a confounding theological name.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2018, 10:53:38 AM »
Agree on coeds.

Our football team is DOUMED.
FIFY 
;)

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.