College Football Fan Site Area 51 @CFB51; dead nuts accurate

One community smart about college football

Civil discussion, topics, and reading of both original and aggregated news.

Author Topic: Big 12 CCG  (Read 4407 times)

Offline FearlessF

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
Re: Big 12 CCG
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2017, 12:12:28 PM »
thanks, I appreciate the good wishes

would Riley and the Sooners open up the bank to bring Brent back as the D-coordinator?
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

Online CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2017, 12:28:06 PM »
Adding to the congrats FF, although I have some friends at UCF and I know they’re bummed.

But anyway I hope he gets NU back where they should be.  Would be great to have another Game of the Century in 2021, at the 50th anniversary of the last one.

Offline FearlessF

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2017, 12:38:29 PM »
UCF is in a better spot today than before Scott arrived, it sucks to lose a guy like that, but with a little luck they can build on the past season
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

Offline CWSooner

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2017, 12:46:42 PM »
thanks, I appreciate the good wishes

would Riley and the Sooners open up the bank to bring Brent back as the D-coordinator?
I think the answer to that question is complicated.

1.  Mike would have to leave.  I don't know this, but I suspect that there has been some tacit arrangement that Mike would be allowed to leave of his own volition.

2.  Brent would have to want to come back.  I don't think he holds a grudge against OU, but I wonder if maybe he's just moved on, with no intention of looking back.

3.  OU would have to be willing to pony up the money to at least equal Brent's salary at Clemson.  And Joe Castiglione is known for being very careful with a dollar.

Offline CWSooner

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2017, 12:48:33 PM »
One of the many Buckeye fans on the B1G board posted some good comments about how UCF sent Frost away--with thanks for a job well-done and best wishes for him at Nebraska.

Offline BrownCounty

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2017, 02:27:56 PM »
congratulations sooners

lets get 2 more
"Let's"?

That's some orange blood you got there.

You show me a sooner fan that won't be pulling for Mizzou and I'll pay to upholster your recliner.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 03:20:35 PM by BrownCounty »

Online CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2017, 03:29:29 PM »
Well that's just too easy.

I won't be pulling for Mizzou.  They left the conference.  F em.

320, you can send that bill to BC.

Online longhorn320

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2017, 03:44:59 PM »
"Let's"?

That's some orange blood you got there.

You show me a sooner fan that won't be pulling for Mizzou and I'll pay to upholster your recliner.
I really dont care about who roots for who
I always pull for the Big12 so just bugger off
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

Online longhorn320

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2017, 03:50:38 PM »
CH dont you ever question my allegiance to UT

I was a Horn before your daddy knew your momma
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

Offline BrownCounty

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2017, 04:22:26 PM »
I was a Horn before your daddy knew your momma
Key word above = "was"

Yeah you just kick back and pull for your sooners to win their 29th national championship.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 04:32:26 PM by BrownCounty »

Online Thumper

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2017, 04:26:38 PM »
I was pulling for Mizzou because Josh Heuple was OC.  Now he is HC at UCF.

Offline BrownCounty

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2017, 04:29:34 PM »
I won't be pulling for Mizzou.  They left the conference.  F em.
Oh sure I get it.  Who cares if pitiful Texas eeks out its 7th win.  Pffft.  Child's play for OU.
Now if we were in the national championship hunt, you can't tell me things wouldn't be different.

Offline BrownCounty

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2017, 04:38:38 PM »
I was pulling for Mizzou because Josh Heuple was OC.
Did that guy go on a steady diet of cherry pie since playing football?

Online CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2017, 05:15:03 PM »
Oh sure I get it.  Who cares if pitiful Texas eeks out its 7th win.  Pffft.  Child's play for OU.
Now if we were in the national championship hunt, you can't tell me things wouldn't be different.
As old timers here will remember, I cheered for Texas in the 2005 and 2009 MNC games.  Crazy but true.  It’s a conference thing.  So yeah I can tell you that. 

It’s kind of like Nebraska historically.  We were in the same conf so I cheered for them in bowl games.  Texas is the new Nebraska.  <shrug>

Offline BrownCounty

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2017, 05:27:44 PM »
As old timers here will remember, I cheered for Texas in the 2005 and 2009 MNC games.  Crazy but true.  It’s a conference thing.  So yeah I can tell you that.
Well, I will confess that I cheered for the conference too, back when it was worth cheering for.  This conference is now 8 schools with no other options, 1 school that wants a TV channel, and 1 school that still thinks Longhorn affiliation is beneficial to recruiting Texas.

Online longhorn320

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2017, 06:37:39 PM »

It’s kind of like Nebraska historically.  We were in the same conf so I cheered for them in bowl games.  Texas is the new Nebraska.  <shrug>
I remember Fred
Hell Ive always been that way
during the season I hope you lose big time
but during bowl season I always pull for any Big12 team
and if truth be known I even pull for Nebraska and aggie anytime unless they are playing a Big12 team

Offline FearlessF

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2017, 09:08:29 PM »
 Texas is the new Nebraska.  <shrug>
gee, that's gotta smell like Bevo's backside

Online CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2017, 10:00:02 PM »
We have scoreboard on Bevo’s backside, and that smells awright wid me.

Online longhorn320

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2017, 10:03:00 PM »
enjoy it while you can cause someday that ol worm will turn

Online CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2017, 10:25:08 PM »
No doubt, so I will!

Offline MikeDeTiger

• Global Moderator
  • Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2017, 12:07:28 PM »
Y'all crack me up, with your conference rooting.  The irony is that's supposed to be for the "SEC! SEC! SEC!" crowd, but I and so many others despise our rivals and I don't ever want to see them succeed.  Nothing good for LSU comes from seeing Alabama in the playoffs again, or Auburn winning a bowl, etc.  I hope every SEC team is embarrassed in every ooc game they play, ever.  The lone exceptions being teams hardly ever see and don't really compete against, like UGA or Kentucky.  

I know a lot of guys (and gals) who will tout the strength of the SEC....because it makes their team look good, they think.  But very few who will actually be rooting for those other teams.  

Horns rooting for Sooners, Sooners rooting for Horns.....it ain't natural.  

Offline BrownCounty

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2017, 12:30:23 PM »
I know a lot of guys (and gals) who will tout the strength of the SEC....because it makes their team look good, they think.
Most SEC teams proclaim greatness by association.  A few don't need to do this.
Since joining the SEC, Texas A&M has been the worst.  They are sycophantic to a pathetic degree, and it's downright embarrassing.  If it wasn't for the maroon on an Aggie t-shirt, you wouldn't know what school the shirt was actually repping, because all the SEC logos get in the way.

Texas A&M has always esteemed itself on a relative scale.  Being able to hang around with Alabama and LSU makes Aggies feel successful.  And true for other less competitive SEC schools as well.  They are successful by association.  Hence all the SEC SEC SEC garbage.

But to counter - the reason for some of today's rah-rah Big 12 crap is because the Big 12 as a conference is down in a foxhole right now.  It's hunkered down and trying to protect its irrelevant relevance.  It's kind of the opposite of the SEC.

And currently, even Texas needs the Big 12 horn to be tooted, because Texas can't show you anything on the field.  Texas is hunkered down with the rest of the goobers.

But as a rule - not OU.  Sooner fans would join the SEC or B1G or likely even PAC tomorrow.  There has to be an oSu bind that precludes this.  There's simply no other reason OU is sticking around this backdrop conference which merely exists for Texas to have the LHN.

The only reason any Sooner fan could lightly pull for Texas to win anything is because Texas flat out sucks, and is a non-threatening entity.  And there is NO reason for any Longhorns to pull for Sooners, notwithstanding hapless recliner ridden sods that only get up to potty and raid the kitchen.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 12:33:48 PM by BrownCounty »

Online longhorn320

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2017, 01:15:49 PM »
Has anyone noticed that every time BC posts the atmosphere gets warmer and warmer

We may have uncovered the cause of global warming
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 02:12:54 PM by longhorn320 »

Offline BrownCounty

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2017, 02:01:47 PM »
Has anyone noticed that every time CH posts the atmosphere gets warmer and warmer
CH <> BC or T95.

CH = HH or (I forgot the earlier one)

All I know is I miss the old hornstein logo (insignia) that would usher in a Hooky post.

Online longhorn320

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2017, 02:14:27 PM »
CH <> BC or T95.

CH = HH or (I forgot the earlier one)

yep I hope CH can forgive me for my oversight

I corrected it

Offline MikeDeTiger

• Global Moderator
  • Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2017, 02:17:44 PM »
Cow farts cause global warming, not internet posting. 

I just don't see how I'm expected to suddenly start rooting for a team in bowl season that I spend 364 other days of the year hating.

Offline BrownCounty

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2017, 02:24:28 PM »
Cow farts cause global warming, not internet posting.
Dammit I traded in the wife's Yukon for no reason.  But don't tell her cuz I want to keep the cows.

Online CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2017, 02:34:09 PM »
I get your point MDT, but the more I think about it the conference affiliation is only one part of this, and probably not the main part.

You see, I have lots of Texas friends, and this board is just the tip of that iceberg.  I lived in Texas for 6 years and still stay in touch with several friends from that time (I was in my 20s after all), one of my degrees is actually from a UT school (UTD), plus several family members have various UT degrees, including some from Austin, etc.  So, while I'm not really what you might call cross-bred, still yet I have a lot of sympathy for my friends and family members who bleed burnt orange.

When I cheer for Texas in a bowl, I'm mostly cheering for my friends who are Texas fans.  I'm cheering for a few family members who live and die by the fate of the Horns.  Am I myself actually cheering for UT?  Probably not as I've been cheering for Oklahoma since I was knee high to a scissor-tailed flycatcher and they were always the arch foe.  

No, it's not for me, but I'm just happy for all my Texas friends and family when they're happy.  And Texas is in the same conference these days, and lord knows the Big 12 needs all the help it can get.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 02:49:04 PM by CousinFreddie »

Offline Shiner

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2017, 02:34:34 PM »
I think we Aggie fans probably were guilty of "SEC SEC SEC!" nonsense when we first joined said conference.... But I think that's largely died down.  We've started to settle into the new conference of ours and at this point.... the focus has turned from "we're just happy to be here" to... "it's time to start winning".  I'd like to believe recent events would serve as evidence to support this.

All that is to say I'm not sure we are any more guilty of "success by association" than any other program in the conference at this point.  

And I agree wholeheartedly with MDT's comments.... It won't bother me in the least to see every other SEC team get destroyed in the bowls..... first and foremost bama.  I rolled my eyes when they got into the CFP... yet again.  But it is what it is.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 02:36:33 PM by Shiner »

Online longhorn320

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2017, 02:49:09 PM »
Being an Astros fan and the fact they are in the American League

I alway root for the AL in the All Star game and the World Series

(course this year they were the same for the World Series)

Support the Site:
Please Search Amazon from here! No cost to you yet covers some of our expenses!